• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spotted mystery porsche

I was coming back from SF and on 101 I saw something very strange. At first I saw a wing popup so I was like oh it's a crossfire but then as I got closer I was like wow an aston based on the beautiful tailights but then as I got up beside him it was indeed a four door porsche. Absolutley beautiful as I'm an aston/g35 and other big sports car lover. I had never seen anything like it on the road, it even had audi r8 style foglights. You may say the picture is ugly but when you see it in person it's AMAZING!

2010_porsche_panamera_wide_main_a.jpg

i recently saw a Panamera also however it was the turbo edition in black. I must admit when i saw the pictures of it before it came out i thought it was hideous, however after seeing it in person its not to bad it's definitely growing on me.

I also thought it was ugly as hell in the pictures but much nicer looking in person. Driving one will sell you on it even more. Even the base model is nimble and fast all while being enclosed in a very comfortable cabin. They're so full of random gadget-crap though that it's kind of intimidating.

Funny, I have always thought that it is a beautiful car. The car reeks class. It is the super car for grown ups. The fact that the back seats were forced to be ultra functional only makes it that much more appealing. Gentlemen, it's sex on wheels. Just.....mature sex.

there is one small problem with it..... it still looks like a porsche. :D haha
I think that's one of the things I like best about the exterior. Despite making something completely different from the rest of their line, Porsche managed to make it still look like a Porsche. It is a really fun car to drive, just like a Porsche should be and the Turbo is retardedly fast (C&D did 0-60 in 3.3)
Oh, using launch control DOESN'T void the warranty either.

I'll have to dissent here. I thought the Panamera was unattractive in pictures, but when I finally saw one IRL I thought it was even worse. That is one butt-ugly car. It's like all the ugliness of the 911 stretched out to make it even more ugly.

Did I mention that I think it's ugly? Just checking :tongue: ...

I'll have to dissent here. I thought the Panamera was unattractive in pictures, but when I finally saw one IRL I thought it was even worse. That is one butt-ugly car. It's like all the ugliness of the 911 stretched out to make it even more ugly.

Ditto. I am a long time Porsche man. This thing is just a lowered Cayenne with a longer butt. Butt-ugly, that is. Fast as hell though.
Steve

P-cars do nothing for me in terms of looks, though you have to respect their track prowess. I saw the Panamera on the 101 freeway a few months ago. Like quack, I noticed the tail lights and they were quite nice. I drove along side it and it wasn't as bad as the pictures were. The pictures I saw before had resemblance to Citroen, whichever model it was that looks like the Panamera. But it's a bit classier in person from the side and rear. Didn't get a good look up front. I must be getting old because it looks better than a 911 to me...

I saw one in person the other day. It is a big car, the interior is very nice... but DAMN that rear-end is UGLY.:eek:

Ditto. I am a long time Porsche man. This thing is just a lowered Cayenne with a longer butt. Butt-ugly, that is. Fast as hell though.
Steve

I thought about the paralells with the Cayenne too. My work truck is a Turbo S and most of the hardware looked very familiar. The specs are pretty much what you would expect from the transition of truck to sedan.

I like the execution, but I like the Cayenne's looks too...

TheBeast.jpg

I've seen a few, spoke to an owner once at SzeChi's restaurant here in Toronto. I don't like them. They look like slammed Cayennes. If I wanted a premium fast 4 door I'd grab one of these:
aston_martin_rapide.jpg

:cool::cool::cool::biggrin:

I think that's one of the things I like best about the exterior. Despite making something completely different from the rest of their line, Porsche managed to make it still look like a Porsche. It is a really fun car to drive, just like a Porsche should be and the Turbo is retardedly fast (C&D did 0-60 in 3.3)
Oh, using launch control DOESN'T void the warranty either.

It's the fastest sedan on the track. Beating the CTS-V, thanks to it's AWD.

From a roll and straight line the CTS-V is probably faster with 60 more HP.

I won't be surprised to see people dial up the boost.

No worries, I've dropped the GTO in the shop to have forged pistons, connecting H-beam rods, forged push rods, upgraded springs and ceramic coated internals to get it ready for 600RWHP.

Already getting used to the 514rwhp that I have now - sans traction control.

It's the fastest sedan on the track. Beating the CTS-V, thanks to it's AWD.

From a roll and straight line the CTS-V is probably faster with 60 more HP.

I won't be surprised to see people dial up the boost.

No worries, I've dropped the GTO in the shop to have forged pistons, connecting H-beam rods, forged push rods, upgraded springs and ceramic coated internals to get it ready for 600RWHP.

Already getting used to the 514rwhp that I have now - sans traction control.

Raise your hand if you are surprised to see that BATMANs worked 2 supercharged American V-8 references into a thread about a new twin turbo German sedan.

Anyone????

I've seen a few, spoke to an owner once at SzeChi's restaurant here in Toronto. I don't like them. They look like slammed Cayennes. If I wanted a premium fast 4 door I'd grab one of these:
aston_martin_rapide.jpg

:cool::cool::cool::biggrin:

Now thats Sexxxy :wink:

Ohh and I like the car too:biggrin:

Raise your hand if you are surprised to see that BATMANs worked 2 supercharged American V-8 references into a thread about a new twin turbo German sedan.

Anyone????
Raise your hand if you wouldn't have seen BATMANs post if curtsr hadn't quoted it.

Please don't quote the troll.

I've always been a closet Porsche fan. I've been slightly pushing my dad to pick one up. The 4 door version looks hideous, in the pictures at least. I hope I change my mind when I see it in person.

That Aston Martin is drop dead gorgeous! :eek:

Talked with a guy about his new Panamera, and he said something really funny:

"Yeah, I drove it one morning to a restaurant for breakfast, and some guy walked up to me as I was getting out and said "Is that the new Dodge?" Kinda makes you wonder how other people see things."

I thought that comment sounds like all of the NSX drivers complaining about people asking if their car is the new Corvette. At least the NSX gets confused with something GOOD, unlike the Panamera/Dodge comment.

To me it seems like a group of extremely dedicated and talented designers did the best they could with a goofy aerodynamic design/criteria. I wouldn't purchase one. Supposed to drive fantastic though. I'll probably get to drive one relatively soon, when I do i'll report back.

Back