• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding

Oh-NO, Oh-NO, Oh-NO! I, too, only met Steve 2 weeks ago at NSPO and found him to be a personable and talented guy. What a shock to hear of his passing. What a terrible loss to his family, friends and the NSX community! My prayers are with his family.

Gary

John,
What a tremendous loss! He was always so supportive and helpful!
I have personal stories of his support of my mechanical (lack of) skills and I know of many other NSX'rs that he "rescued".
The NSX community (and the world in general) will feel this loss for a long time.
Can we paypal you some support $s for Steve's Family?

Last edited:
This is Terrible. Met him at NSXPO also and we clicked discussing these cars we love so much. So sad to hear! My prayers and condolences to Petra and his family. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Folks,

Honestly I am having trouble even responding to this. Steve and I spent quite a bit of time together at NSXPO, a great guy, and a new genuine friend. In three days, it is amazing how you can know someone, and like them, with so much in common. My condolenses to Petra and his family. It was just so great knowing him and working with him, even for a short time. He was even kind enough to take me to the airport when I had to leave for my flight home. Godspeed Steve Gooding.

Prayers to you buddy.
LarryB

I attended the tech session and then spoke with Steve a bit after. Really enjoyed his presentation and the interaction he had with Larry and the audience. A very genuine and likable guy from the get go. I feel sick hearing this news. Echo sentiments above as regards anything we can do to help our his family.

Jeff

Very, very sad to hear this. A good man taken way too soon. I only spoke briefly with him at NSXPO. My condolences to Steve's family and friends. May they find the strength to get through this.

-Dom

Never in a million years would I have thought this could happen. A great guy. My condolences to his friends and family.

Like everyone else, I was absolutely floored when I read this yesterday. RIP Steve, and deepest condolences to his family and friends.

For those of you who didn't attend the tech session and may not have realized you met Steve, here is a pic of Steve from that tech talk:

i-mvvPP6t-XL.jpg

I never met Steve but did hear a lot about him and am sad to never be able to meet him. My condolences to his family.

Tytus

I just met him at the NSXPO as many others, he was a great guy condolences to his family. Such sad news. As others have said if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

Damn that is young. RIP steve. Condolences to the family.

Steve was the last person I saw Monday morning when I left NSXPO. We had breakfast together and were talking about him fixing his daughter's suv, discussed my engine rebuild. We said goodbye as he was going outside to review that damaged NSX again. It was the first time I had met Steve, enjoyed his lecture and his passion for our car. My prayers for the family. I was glad to have met him . Such a loss ...

At news of a loss as his family and we, as a community, have been shocked with, I can't help but to fall back on my base belief that when we pass, we become the best of everything that we have ever been. Admittedly, we enjoy our lives as we have built them, but know, that life beyond our earthly embodiment is everlasting, and free from all daily trevails. Even though NSX's "up there" are perfect, God will let guys like Steve tinker with them to make them that much better...
Bless your heart and soul dear friend, and thank you for our time together...

Here are the details for the funeral arrangements for Steve.
Thursday, October 24, 4pm - Ceremony at Montlawn Funeral Home at 2911 S. Wilmington St Raleigh, NC 27603

Immediately following there will be a 'Celebration of Life' at Swift Creek Community Center 6221 Yates Mill Pond Rd Raleigh NC 27603. There will be tables set up for pot luck.

Questions regarding these arrangements or times please contact
Michelle Morock 919 414 2455
or Janice Gulick 919 524 1339
or Ruth 919 280 6523

If you are unable to attend and or would like to help out the family (Steve did not have life insurance and both their real estate and car repair business were hard hit with the recession) please send donations to them directly with checks made out to Petra Gooding. For convenience at this point and because I don't want to publish the families address, please mail your checks to John Komar at 5400 Turtlehead Court, Holly Springs, NC 27540. Am trying to get a paypal account for those who would prefer to do it that way. Will update this as soon as I have more information.

I know many in the NSX community have been hard hit over the past few years from the damage in Japan with the Earthquake and Tsunami and resultant fallout, tornados in many areas, the flooding from Sandy, severe fires for the past two years in Colorado as well as this year's flooding there. We as a community have been very generous in our response as has the NSXCA. For some of these disasters we have raised funds, for others we have not. This random process is perhaps not the best, but until we can put together something more formalized, I'm hoping we can show the Gooding family how generous the Prime Community and NSXCA members can be. Thank you.

Last edited:
I didn't know who Steve Gooding was prior to this year's NSXPO. Though I hadn't a chance to speak with him I saw a smiling face in several small conversations over the weekend. It's hard for me to now learn who's face that was. Reading all the comments from those who had experience with Steve, it seems he was just that kind of guy.
Sad to learn of the passing of a generous soul. My condolences to his family.

I met Steve for the first time on early Friday afternoon. I developed a check engine light on the trip from MD to NSXPO and after checking in I was planning on going to the local Acura dealer to have them read the code. I pulled into the NSX parking area and told them I would be leaving shortly to get the light checked. Immediately they told me that Steve brought his tools and would be able to help me. He pulled the code and reset it for me without any hesitation. I offered to pay him and he refused so I offered to buy him a beer at the cocktail hour Friday night. He was still at the reception table so I brought the beer too him as he was checking in and directing people where to go. I had several other interactions with him during the few days and he was a great person to be around. I am very sorry to hear of his passing and my thoughts go out to his family.

I talked with Steve the day before he passed. What a great guy. I planned to trailer my car to Raleigh Thanksgiving weekend. It is like I lost a friend before I got to meet him in person. I actually started a list of questions for our next conversation that were unrelated to my car just so I would be ready.

Back