• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STEVE T - can we see updated pics of your garage?

Re: RICK T - can we see updated pics of you're garage?

While watching the Barrett Jackson I never noticed all those trees in the staging area. I guess the picture was taken from a different angle.

WhoaMan.gif

Steve T said:
...The reason I ended up with 3 (so far, would like to have a Yellow one also) is that the insurance on them is very afordable and both my daughters, 17 and 20, are covered by the policy. We take them on weekend drives in nice weather and they always draw a crowd. 8 to 80 they make everyone smile...

Drawing a crowd and making everyone smile...are we talking about your cars or your daughters?? :D ;)

First off, moderators, if this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

AndyVecsey - The orange Camaro is a modified '67. Running a 400 sb with Accel gen 7 FI and 700r4. AndyVecsey - The orange Camaro is a “slightly” modified '67. Running a 400 sb with Accel gen 7 FI and 700r4. I will try to post an under hood shot.

NSXLuvr - Keep me posted on the next track event you are going to attend and I will see you there.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA - Not really a big fan of older Porsches, but if the right one comes along…

Amgnsx - No Ferraris, at least for now. Drove a 360 F1 Coupe before I bought the Gallardo and there was just no comparison in the power. The Gallardo is so much stronger (especially in the lower revs) and since I buy them to drive, the maintenance on Ferraris was a concern.

NsXMas - I am “TX Steve T” on the corvetteforum, “FLC6” posted some older pics of my cars from another thread.

Meeyatch1 - I try not to think about the attention the daughters draw. :eek: Whenever I notice someone checking them out my blood pressure tends to rise to unsafe levels.

Attachments

• cam6702.jpg
    cam6702.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 581
  • cam6701.jpg
    cam6701.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 596
Wellll, the SL65 belongs to the wife. She does let me drive it if I have been good :biggrin: . I don't get to drive it much.

It really is hard to explain the power this thing has. It just keeps pulling at any speed. The power band is from idle to redline, just torque all over the place.

Here she is ready to blast off, not the best picture but all I have on the office PC.

Attachments

• sl65001.jpg
    sl65001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 388
nsxrock said:
Steve,

That car can run low 11's STOCK if you can hook up. Funny that she drives the fastest car you own. LOL

Does she actually like to drive fast, or does she just like the convertible part?

nsxrock/Meeyatch1 - The wife LOVES the power of the SL65, the convertible part is just a bonus! She drives faster on average than I do but I drive a manual tranny car much better than her :biggrin: .

JonBoy - I am very good at disposing of income....

Steve - I remember a comment you said about driving the NSX almost a hundred miles or so one night. Being you're in the DFW area, I'm just curious where you would do your spirited driving.

I ask because there's times when I can't sleep and all I want to do is drive and I'll waste half a tank just enjoying the night. I'll usually go down Trinity blvd sometimes, other times parts of Southlake (backroads), Glade and Cheek Sparger area of Grapevine/Colleyville etc.

I don't get out to Weatherford much, but just wondering if you knew of any good driving areas. Thanks!

TucAZNSX - I might need a lot of things but another female is not one of them :wink: . 1 wife, 2 daughters, 4 female dogs = Steve's House of Hormones.

beeker16 - I normally like to head out west of Weatherford. Lot's of nice twisty black top roads. Plus the occasional deer to keep you alert. You might try heading up north to Denton but staying on the back roads, seems like I remember finding a few nice roads up there.

Steve T said:
TucAZNSX - I might need a lot of things but another female is not one of them :wink: . 1 wife, 2 daughters, 4 female dogs = Steve's House of Hormones.

Yikes! I used to look at all your cars and think "wow, he is lucky". Now I understand you have worked your ass off to get these ;)

Steve T said:

If you need another male to help balance things a bit, call me.

Being married, I have no interest in your female family members, but I'd be happy to donate some testosterone, and would also be willing to pilot your cars from time to time (wouldn't want them getting all dusty now...)

;)

Steve T said:
nsxrock/Meeyatch1 - The wife LOVES the power of the SL65, the convertible part is just a bonus! She drives faster on average than I do but I drive a manual tranny car much better than her :biggrin: .

Mr.SteveT, your wife should be better handling a "stick" manually than you, no disrespect intended. :D

Superb garage, Mr.SteveT.

Back