• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stink Bug Problem

Sig,

did you spray the bugs directly or did you just spray the house? We don't have too many in the house yet, but our screened in porch is uninhabitable (well, in that I don't care to hang out with the bugs). I have three or four in my office right now! This is really unpleasant.

the Penn State website has a lot of info on the stinkbug just look in thier entymology section.You have SE Asia to thank for these pests..they are just trying to overwinter in your warm house:rolleyes:

I am going to try the chemical spray route. I too have been "suffering in silence."

We bought a new construction in Ellicott City, MD and have had these things in our vents ever since move in 1/2010! I found one behind the gas cap in our RDX this morning and one inside the car. Amazing how these things can show up in places.

Sig,

did you spray the bugs directly or did you just spray the house?

I sprayed the house directly, but I elected to spray during a sunny afternoon when their activity was quite high and they were everywhere. Needless to say, a large number of them received a direct shower. I paid particular attention to joints and material intersections (siding to brick) that have natural creases and voids. Window shutters, porch eves and door jam transitions are good examples of this. I sprayed in behind and into the creases. Within minutes of spraying, scores of stinkbugs were crawling out with urgency. The exodus continued for many hours, but most of them just hung out once they removed themselves from the closed in areas. However, these loiterers started dying in large numbers by the next morning.

Thankfully I never really had any of them in the house. So all my efforts were focused on geting them to abandon my house's facade/historical safe haven.

Last edited:
That's the very reason I haven't been in my kitchen in six months!:eek: Steve told me to wash my dishes with Dawn and it would serve as an insecticide at the same time. Well, I took his advice and EVERYTHING is dead. Pots, pans, glasses, vegetables, etc. You name it and it's DEAD! Stuff even melted my counter tops.:eek:

It's very powerful stuff!

It's time for a new kitchen anyways.

Back