• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever buy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever buy"

STMPO NSX Solid Aluminum Motor mounts will last the life of your NSX.​

They were designed and tested to mimic the comfort of the OEM ride.

Biggest difference is… you will never have to buy motor mounts again.

The cost benifit is there... they are cheaper than stock replacements that will always need to be replaced

For comparison, these are the prices of the factory mounts:

factory front engine mount: $300.72
factory rear engine mount: $305.68
factory side engine mount: $305.68

Correction: The website I used to gather the OEM price data from is terrible at updating their information. So here is the updated pricing of the stock mounts offered by honda.

Remember that when the DVD was invented then manufactured, and finally excepted by the public as the new benchmark for watching movies at home. ANYONE WITH A LARGE INVESTMENT IN BETA/VHS would have defended VHS to try to deffer the public away from buying the NEW AND SUPERIOR ENTERTAINMENT VEHICLE CALLED THE DVD

factory front engine mount: $312.25
factory rear engine mount: $375.98
factory driver side engine mount: $375.28

Our Billet Mounts are a greater value than ever before... get them now before we decide to raise our prices on them.

There is also no core charge with our replacement motor mounts.

attachment.php

Design Features:

6061 CnC’ed Billet Aluminum Housings and Sleeves
Fits all MT NSX's... both NA1 and NA2
STMPO modified Polyurethane bushings designed and tested to mirror the OEM ride compliance.
Direct replacement of original mounts.
In addition to the increased rigidity of the rubber bushing... The Billet Mount body is stronger and more durable than the OEM mount.
Polyurethane bushings that are inexpensive, durable and can be replaced.
Bushings are tuned to duplicate the ride characteristics of the OEM motor mounts.
Stiffer bushings are available for higher horsepower applications.
Esthetically pleasing to the eye.
Exclusive design only available through STMPO Race Products

The Current Inventory is of -

1) Front mount - 10 Mounts in stock

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

2) Driver side mount - 10 Mounts in stock

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rear mounts will be completed and available for sale shortly.​

attachment.php

attachment.php

STMPO NSX Solid Motor Mounts are Available in two styles

OEM Replacement – street –street/modified/tracked NSX’s

Bushing stiffness replicates the stock mount under both vertical and horizontal loads. This is the motor mount for street only and street/track NSX’s. Replacing OEM mounts with billet and urethane bushings increases the mounts strength substantially without sacrificing ride comfort.

Race version – High horsepower race application only

This is your bullet proof mount designed for maximum performance. The race style mounts come with a solid urethane bushing. These bushings increase the horsepower capacity of your NSX with vibration and noise being the only sacrifice. Noticably harsher ride than the OEM mount. Recommended for race only applications.

Mounts cost 300.00 each plus shipping. We currently have 10 mounts for the front and driver. Rear mounts will be finished shortly.

Production times and costs to manufacture are high. We recommend purchasing these as they become available as shelved quantities will be limited.
Please call or email to order.

480-889-1482

[email protected]

Regards

Attachments

• Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 017 (Large).jpg
    Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 017 (Large).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,559
  • Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 026 (Large).jpg
    Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 026 (Large).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,532
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (17) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (17) (Large).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,344
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (24) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (24) (Large).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,167
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (29) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (29) (Large).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,517
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (31) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (31) (Large).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,520
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (34) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (34) (Large).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4,161
  • Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (35) (Large).jpg
    Left Motor Mount 5-5-2011 (35) (Large).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3,504
  • motor mnount diagram.jpg
    motor mnount diagram.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3,546
  • rear1000.jpg
    rear1000.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,482
  • rear1006.jpg
    rear1006.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,479
  • Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 012 (Large).jpg
    Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 012 (Large).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4,168
  • Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 014 (Large).jpg
    Front Motor Mount 5-16-2011 014 (Large).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 4,254
Last edited:
Re: STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever

how often should a motor mount be changed neways

Re: STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever

how often should a motor mount be changed neways

they are designed to wera and "break"

Once broken.. they need replacement. If you havent changed them in years.. i'll bet the front and driver are broken.

If you take it off... it probably looks like the OEM in this pic

attachment.php

I am planning to change mine. What is the different between an MT and AT engine? All the mounting different?

Man, I have been wanting these things but it will have to wait until I have some extra cash on hand. Not exactly cheap. Not to mention all the bars I want to buy. LOL. :biggrin::redface:

Ross, look forward to a BULK order from me next Spring, if not sooner. I'm glad to see these come to fruition and can't wait to pimp some more STMPO. These look fantastic!

EDIT: Oh, and I expect to see some K20 motor swap mounts in the future. :biggrin: Just kidding.

Last edited:

Congrats on bringing a NEW product out for the community.

they are designed to wera and "break"

Once broken.. they need replacement. If you havent changed them in years.. i'll bet the front and driver are broken.

If you take it off... it probably looks like the OEM in this pic

attachment.php

Ross, are there any symptoms that I should look for in a broken motor mount?

Noise, vibration, driving characteristics?

Also, in the photos are those the race or street bushings?

Last edited:

I am planning to change mine. What is the different between an MT and AT engine? All the mounting different?

the mounts are slightly different.. the bigest difference was there were not enough AT's made for us to make billet mounts for them...

sorry man

Man, I have been wanting these things but it will have to wait until I have some extra cash on hand. Not exactly cheap. Not to mention all the bars I want to buy. LOL. :biggrin::redface:

Ross, look forward to a BULK order from me next Spring, if not sooner. I'm glad to see these come to fruition and can't wait to pimp some more STMPO. These look fantastic!

EDIT: Oh, and I expect to see some K20 motor swap mounts in the future. :biggrin: Just kidding.

lol... you should see how many people have parts in their wishlist on our website... If it became a reality... id have enough cash to take the K20NSX racing...

Well be ready when your ready....

Regards

Great looking product Ross. Glad to see you got it produced!

Stephen

Congrats on bringing a NEW product out for the community.

Two of my favorite primers...

thanks guys..

The NSX parts are designed and made now... everything you see on our website is what you get... when inventory on a couple parts goes to zero.. there will be a little less parts on there.. but you can always buy what I designed as long as the website has them up.

I’m finally done with car parts.. moving onto to bigger and less stressful things... places where people except my talents.

You guys have been great...

drive fast and take chances... your motor is mounted for good

Regards

Those look great. On one hand I hope you still have a set when I'd be ready to buy them, but OTOH I hope you sell them all quickly!

Ross, are there any symptoms that I should look for in a broken motor mount?

Noise, vibration, driving characteristics?

Also, in the photos are those the race or street bushings?

Batmans...

Sorry I missed this.

Race mounts and street mounts will look the same when installed. We modified the urethane and then did strength and vibration testing on the mount until we were satisfied with the stiffness/ride comfort. This part has been worked on for over 2 years.

Every expense was paid to insure a lifetime mount... These mounts belong on every NSX... period.

in 9 years of driving NSX's... I couldn’t tell a broken mount while "just driving". You almost had to "feel for a broken mount". If you feel for them you can tell.

Best way to KNOW is to remove and inspect. Most hard driven NSX's will break the front and driver about every year(this was our focus and why they are the first 2 finished)

Vibration will exist in any event... and driving with a broken motor mount isn’t a good idea for the longevity of the motor and tranny... in any car for that matter

Regards

Guys,

Just called Ross for the first time ever and spoke to him about the mounts. Ross immediately put me at ease with how friendly and open he was and how he went about designing these. I just ordered mine and should have within a week or two. Cannot wait to get them.

Thanks again Ross for great customer service. I will be ordering more fine products from STMPO soon.

Cheers.
JRNSX
Vancouver Canada.

Current inventory after recent sales - 4 sets are accounted for -

Front Mount - 6

Driverside mount - 6

Rear Mount - coming soon

Thanks for the orders guys

Regards

Ross,

Why did you chose not to make the passenger side mount?

2 simple reasons

1) Because the mount never fails..

2) The only cast iron pieces that are on the car are brake calipers, alternator bracket, and the passenger side motor mount.

The alt. bracket acts as the engine hoist attachment when lifting a motor... so its not the alt. that requires this.

Countless times I have had an engine on a stand or hoist scratching my head about how heavy it is.

The passenger mount is the highest mount on the car.. bearing the burden of weight the same way a crane would.

So if it doesnt break.. and its made of cast iron.. Honda made it that way for a reason.

When I did design parts... I designed them for functionality.. not to just profit from having a replacement part.

Regards

Current inventory after recent sales - 5 sets are accounted for -

Front Mount - 5

Driverside mount - 5

Rear Mount - coming soon

Thanks for the orders guys

Regards

Sent you a message Ross. Hope to hear from you soon.:smile:

We only have 2 front and driver motor mounts left... the others that have contacted me with out purchaseing ... please inquire if your interested.

Regards

Hello fellow NSX'rs.

Just received my engine mounts from Ross and let me tell you these things are unbelievable. The fit/finish and detail on these are superb. Very lightweight and they look even better that the pictures. Honestly I cannot say enough about the quality. Now I just need to install.

Cheers Ross and thanks for making such a high quality product for our cars. Let us know when the rear mount is done.

JRNSX

what are the prices for the front and drivers side?

I was looking under my car and think my rear mount is worn. How hard of a job is this to replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back