• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever buy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever

I was looking under my car and think my rear mount is worn. How hard of a job is this to replace?

Very simple... it unbolts and with 3 other mounts still on the car... the motor should not move at all.

If your rear mopunt is broken... I'll bet all 3 are broken. They will need to be un-installed to view the damage of the mount (the front and drivers side)

Regards

Re: STMPO Billet Alum Motor Mounts for the NSX - "The last motor mount you will ever

Ross, seriously! You always come up with some of the best, products for the NSX! I love the new product and I really hope that I can get my hands on a set, like many here I have a BULK order with your name on it...as soon as I can afford it.

Keep it up Ross!

we sold out of front and driver mounts a while ago... we will begin our next run after the rear is done... we will make 20 then restart the process.

which should be later this week

wait for it...

wait for it......

there it is

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX Rear Motor Mount Oct 31 2011 (7) (Large).jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount Oct 31 2011 (7) (Large).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,037

wow these are great! I know that the stock mounts are unbelievably lightweight. How do these compare?

wow these are great! I know that the stock mounts are unbelievably lightweight. How do these compare?

Next time I have one in my hands that doesn’t need to immediately ship out... I’ll go ahead and weigh them and post the differences... The comparison is Aluminum to Aluminum.. the difference is subtle… so subtle it never crossed my mind to compare… they hold your motor to the car..

FWIW... if weight is a factor in your goals for the vehilce... starting at the furthest most point from the center of the car has exponential benifits compared to the center of the car.

Driving with a motor mount that will never break... has unlimited benefits to the drive train and overall life of the cars internal drive train components.

Regards

Can I have that wood carving, it looks purty. :biggrin:

Very nice Ross! Looking forward to seeing these in person.

Jason

ok.. rear mount is finished, mounted, and test driven.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

we have 2 sets of front and driver mounts left... were running 10 rear mounts.

If you bought front and driver mounts from us.. please contact via email or phone... we basically made these for you and the price will remain at 300.00 on the ten rear mounts currently being made.

Prices will be higher on the next batch.. we will advertise the new price when all 1 sets are sold

Thanks for everyone’s business!

Regards

Attachments

• NSX Rear Motor Mount installed 2.jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount installed 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 843
  • NSX Rear Motor Mount installed.jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount installed.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 839
  • NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 1.jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 843
  • NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 2.jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 47
  • NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 3.jpg
    NSX Rear Motor Mount uninstalled 3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 844

In case anyone was curious about the Web pattern on the OEM mounts:

Flash (metal extension)
The thin web or fin of metal on a casting occurring at die partings, air vents, and around movable cores. It has no functional benefits other than cooling, which in this application is not the case.

:tongue:

What happens if I just replace the rear..? That one looks broken... Will I notice an improvement? Right now, you can feel the engine torque back and forth depending on whether accelerating or decelerating..

What happens if I just replace the rear..? That one looks broken... Will I notice an improvement? Right now, you can feel the engine torque back and forth depending on whether accelerating or decelerating..

nsxotic911 - the rear mount holds less stress than the other 3... if your rear looks broken... probability is the driver and the front mount are busted too.. resulting in breaking the rear. We have the only aftermarket mount that you can change one mount at a time without changing vibration equilibriums.

we still recommend a 3 mount set over one at a time… Billet mounts with urethane bushings don’t break.

Well here it is..... the dismount....

It took a long time to make this part happen.. the engineering hours will never be recouped due to the number of cars produced if we sold these things at 500.00 a mount… it’s the same reason an ATI nsx liquid filled crank pulley costs 3 times what an ati mustang pulley retails for.

we’ve tested our mounts to 95% of stock vibration... crazy part is…we really did test it. We didn’t use a bunch of confusing terminology about bull shit. we didn’t design a part that skipped buying $70.00 chunks of billet with long machining times. NSX owners that can identify quality got lucky that my machinist was a stress test engineer by trade… He was super impressed with how much I cared about making this part correctly.. he did 10’s of thousands of dollars of pro bono testing since he had access to expensive software and the knowledge use it.

So to hint at the new price… it will be closer to 500 than it is 300… but we haven’t finalized the new retail number.

All STMPO parts will increase price in 2012... we dont have a part on our site that isnt superior to its competitors part.. typicaly twice our price.

Dont take this as a negative... if you want our parts you have some time.. if you have our parts... its our thank you to doing buisness with us... their worth more now :)

Regards

I have two questions:

1. Will you offer a motor mount package deal, which would be a discounted price for someone wanting to purchase all 3 at the same time?

2. Are these fairly easy to replace? I've never looked at or inspected my mounts and I'm not familiar with the level of effort required to do it. Hoping it's pretty simple and straight forward for each one.

I have two questions:

1. Will you offer a motor mount package deal, which would be a discounted price for someone wanting to purchase all 3 at the same time?

Good timing since were crunching numbers... can't do that now .. but when we raise prices... I can respect a customers loyalty.. and will offer a package price.

2. Are these fairly easy to replace? I've never looked at or inspected my mounts and I'm not familiar with the level of effort required to do it. Hoping it's pretty simple and straight forward for each one.

The driver mount can be accessed over the top.. 3 14 mm bolts

The rear mount is just as easy as the driver... but you will have to be under the car to access the mount

The front mount will be the most skill required.. car in air or on jacks... there are a couple ways to remove either the mount only or the rear beam with mount

Regards

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd be very interested in doing all 3 at the same time.

I'm in for all 3 mounts since my rear mount is cracked partially, but not completely.

Good stuff man...

FWIW - motor mounts are like tires.. it only takes one leak for a tire to go flat. So one crack in a mount is all it takes for movement above the acceptable level. Biggest difference between motor mounts and tires… I don’t think they have made a tire that lasts a lifetime :smile:

Inventory update ... this batch is almost gone.. The buyers of the first driver/front mount have all confirmed acquiring the rear.

If batmans and the other committed buyers we are holding inventory aside called and submitted payment.. we would have 3 full sets left.

After that I will start a list here on prime and a deposit of 100.00 per mount must be made to get on that list. If inventory levels were to ever get high enough.. these will be found on www.stmpo.com only

Sometime in Q1 of 2012.. the price will be higher than 400.00 a mount.. so if you’re interested in a set during the first 3 months of 2012... pm, email or even call so I know you’re interested. It will only help me make educated decisions on manufacturing orders.

I did not invest the time and money or even go through the trouble to make these for a profit. I spent over two years engineering and designing these without flaw for you….

Take advantage of that – these are worth bragging about

Regards

Quick question are you going to build the 4th mount? Or is there no improvement by changing that one? They look great.
Thanks Ken

Quick question are you going to build the 4th mount? Or is there no improvement by changing that one? They look great.
Thanks Ken

Sorry for the delayed response Ken.. I don’t this the system took the reply last time and I’m not on here often.

We won’t be making the passenger side mount replacement... here are a few reasons we skipped the easiest mount to manufacture

1) The passenger mount is already a solid mount. That is why is doesn’t break. Motor mount housings don’t break.. the rubber breaks..

2) The passenger side mount is the hoist mount of all 4.. it receives the highest loads and pretty much “holds the motor in the car. The other 3 mounts are more stabilizing units while the cast iron (passenger side) mount is similar to an engine hoist. (the alternator bracket.. also cast iron.. is where the passenger mount bolts to the motor) Not ironically where the engine hoist is located!

attachment.php

3) There are safer places to lose a pound or two in the car…. Seriously

4) The honest answer.. The passenger side mount is by far the easiest to machine and we still chose not to make it… it doesn’t require an $80-100 piece of billet to make. It doesn’t break so it will never cost you money.. and it already comes with a solid bushing.

The other 3 will cost you around 400.00 plus labor if you’re not mechanically inclined and they break often.. most NSX’s have broken mounts in them right now… you have to unbolt them to check them..

Regards

Attachments

• turbo and motor build 2.jpg
    turbo and motor build 2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 644

Jan 31st will be the last day of current pricing. Please contact us before Feb 1 for current pricing of 300.00 per mount.

Feb 1 will represent the future pricing of these Lifetime Guaranteed STMPO Motor Mounts at 425.00 each

Thanks for all the interest....

Happy Motoring

Ross

Curious...If the factory aluminum housings aren't breaking, why machine entire new mounts rather than just replacing the rubber in the factory housings with the urethane? Seems unnecessarily costly.

Thanks for inquiring...

Honestly.. with the bushing sizes of all 3 mounts different.. the dollar amount spent on injection molds would cost more..

and the fact we would have to acquire oem housings in order to sell them. The oem rubber needs to be machined out.

Lastly.. oem housing cast aluminum. We would have to stress test them since we aren’t using Hondas bushing style.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back