• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Stmpo fstb

Geez are there any options for a front strut bar?

Turbo2Go: You sure it doesn't work at all?

There are other options, if you are willing to lose function of both wipers.

Yes.

Geez are there any options for a front strut bar?

Turbo2Go: You sure it doesn't work at all?

In my opinion, no. It's a serious compromise because it keeps both wipers. And a brace either braces or it doesn't. It either flexes or it doesn't. It's like being pregnant, there is no "little bit". That taitec has too many bends, too many holes, and it uses screws and bolts instead of welds.

The STMPO was probably the most elegant solution that actually worked, and it modified the wiper that was important and kept it. Even that wasn't quite as strong and thick as Ross would have liked it, but at least it was enough to do something.

The strut towers on the NSX actually don't need as much bracing as other cars do anyway, it's not a super weak point of the car. Yes, an FSTB helps in the right car, but the car needs to have so much suspension and stiffening in other spots to where that becomes a weak point.

I really did like STMPO's braces, because they were based on some research and science and not just randomness.

I don't want to say bad things about other products but there are lots of braces being sold on this forum that do nothing. Their designs are wrong. I've never bought a brace without showing the car to someone who understands this stuff and asking for their opinion and most of the time I've gotten the "don't waste your money" speech.

This is one area where a lot of snake oil is sold. People make all kinds of claims after they install braces, most of which are just wishful thinking. Braces also can have detrimental effects in accidents as they can affect crumple zones negatively. Positively as well, but it has to be based on science. As soon as I showed the taitec strut brace to a coulple of guys at local race shops all I got was a chuckle and a "no".

If you want a front brace it needs to be very strong and have no play, not be bolted together. Otherwise you are just adding weight.

The Stmpo FSTB as good as it was, had limited appeal because it required the removal of one wiper. I think that was acceptable especially with rainX applied but I don't think Ross is interested in anything to do with the NSX anymore.

You can stiffen the chassis at many other points, why are you bent on this? Is the rest of your car so well setup that this is a weak link now?

Well I have already on my X Stmpo FTB, RSTB, Sway bars, adjustable toe links, gt-spec bar, beam bushings so I think the only part im missing is a fstb. I still learning about the car im no expert by any means so any suggestion would be gladly appreciated. Nico

I think you are going a bit overboard. It may make you feel better that you have it but I doubt there will be a real difference IMO. What spring rates are you running?

I don't think it is worth losing both wipers over with the Dali. I wouldn't buy the taitec, and if you can get a hold of a STMPO one go ahead but I don't know if it is that necessary.

I wouldn't buy the taitec one, im not expert but I can tell it wouldn't offer stiffness to the car. About the stmpo bar, trust one me if somebody have one for sale ill buy it in a hearth bit. The springs im running are factory ones of my Hks hypermax 2 which are 8k F & 9k R. I heard that for the nsx is better have stiffer spring on front that on the back, is that true? Also have you ever add a tender spring to a coilover?? I saw that the kw 3 uses them but mine doesnt have one and I was wondering if that make a real difference on the handling. Thanks for your responses by the way. Nico

I wouldn't buy the taitec one, im not expert but I can tell it wouldn't offer stiffness to the car. About the stmpo bar, trust one me if somebody have one for sale ill buy it in a hearth bit. The springs im running are factory ones of my Hks hypermax 2 which are 8k F & 9k R. I heard that for the nsx is better have stiffer spring on front that on the back, is that true? Also have you ever add a tender spring to a coilover?? I saw that the kw 3 uses them but mine doesnt have one and I was wondering if that make a real difference on the handling. Thanks for your responses by the way. Nico

Most guys that track like stiffer springs front than rear. Billy Johnson in the FXMD NSX, Comptech pro, Dal motorsports, run 1000 pounds front and 600 rear. Not only is the front stiffer but it is stiffer by a good margin. CL65captain has ran a lot, and he also likes the 1000/600. That's pounds, not KG. I also run 1000/600 with my KW Competitions and I believe docjohn and coz do as well. 1000/600 pounds per inch is roughly 18/11 KG per mm.

Tender springs don't affect handling at all. They just hold the main spring in place when the wheel is in full droop.

Last edited:
Well my nsx wont be a track car but I want it to be ready for it. Does the tender springs improve at all the handling of the car? I saw that kw uses it for their v3 and competition coilovers. If they don't make any difference what do they use them then?? Just curiosity :-P

Well my nsx wont be a track car but I want it to be ready for it. Does the tender springs improve at all the handling of the car? I saw that kw uses it for their v3 and competition coilovers. If they don't make any difference what do they use them then?? Just curiosity :-P

LOL... I just told you, are you sleeping on me? :smile: they don't affect handling at all. They hold the main spring in place when the suspension is fully unloaded. As in when the car is up in the air on a lift and the suspension is in full droop. I suppose also if your car goes airborne but at that point a loose spring may be the least of your problems.

I used tenders in mine to adjust height more than anything. Depending on the tender it will take up 1/4" to an inch or so fully compressed.

When your car is on the ground, those tenders are fully compressed. It's like a washer. So it's not doing anything to the handling at all. You can squeeze it down with your hands. When the car goes up in the air and the damper and suspension has a lot more travel than the spring that may be short, the spring comes "loose" between the perch and the top of the damper. Tender springs simply extend then, keeping the gap tight. It looks fancy but it doesn't actually do anything when the car is on the ground. My Hypercos I can squeeze fully compressed with my index finger and thumb.

I wasn't sleeping on you I was under the side effects of Grand Marnier :-), its a challenge trying to understand something on a different language after G'ma is in your system lol

its a challenge trying to understand something on a different language after G'ma is in your system lol

LOL... Just don't do your spring rate calculations until the next day. If something seems "brilliant" sit on it a bit. :D

Back