• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO / SOS (moved from another thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Science of Speed twin turbo is the most superior FI set up... 12000 is a steal... no one could make 400 hp for that price.

Wait a second, I think there is someone on the forums that is aloud to say anything and no one will question his opinions stated as facts..

others state facts and users call them opinions... even if their r&d and fabrication skills are superior...

This leaves the community with overpriced parts based on bad information delivered....

Currently Active Users: 236 (72 members and 164 guests)

That is probaly why no one ever logs in anymore...

Enjoy your NSX and treat your wallet like a whore.. there is about to be one less company making parts for car... but your wallet is gonna keep it's red light on.

5 days ago... an NSX thread was started in a supra forum... it was also in the "other cars section"... amazing... 1651 views and 39 posts in 5 days...

Nothing but respect given for my talants... not one negitive comment... NOT ONE FACT CALLED OPINION

Regards

Re: Check out the SOS turbo kit!

It is very disappointing to read all the negativity online. However, it seems to be coming from one individual specifically, and I will, this once, address him.

Ross (STMPO) -- you've never explained to me why you have so much hate for ScienceofSpeed or me personally. You approached me a half a year ago asking me to sell your products. I explained that at the time it simply didn't make sense for us. I did not mean to offend you - it was a simple business decision based on how many resources we have to sell and support the limited number of products we offer. If I did offend you, I apologize. Regardless, I echo other's comments that you are behaving unprofessional and undignified. If you have an issue with this company, or me personally, I am more than willing to sit down with you and try to work out the problem.

ScienceofSpeed employees two very talented technicians who often do not get the recognition they deserve for their hard work. I am very fortunate to work with some of the best engineers, fabricators, and machinists in the industry who over the past nearly 9 years of business have leant a great amount of knowledge that we have used to develop our current catalog of products. We support these products with a staff of three to provide pre-sales and post-sales telephone and e-mail support. Our customer service is something that each of us here are proud of and I think this customer service focused attitude has resulted in some measure of success. In turn, the success of these products have not only filled a need in the market, but have also resulted in us being able to benefit the NSX community through NSXPrime sponsorship and consistently being one of the top sponsors for events like NSXPO. Over the past year, over $3000.00 in profits have directly benefited NSXPrime and the NSXCA.

Success can be a double edged sword, as it can sometimes attracts "ugliness" like this. However, being an NSX owner for 11 years, and in business for nearly 9, I know that this does not represent the NSX community whom we have the utmost respect and admiration for.

[ADMIN NOTE: I consolidated some messages here because things didn't read right after I moved messages out of another thread and another party deleted one of their messages. Chris@SoS approved these changes and they do not change the substance of any of his previous posts]

Re: Check out the SOS turbo kit!

Chris... I will address you everytime.

I have spent the last 3 nights here helping people with blown motors diagnos their problems... because they emptied their wallet at your company and now they have no one to turn to... I'm making nothing on it.... one guy is making money selling what he didnt need to pay to fix his problem

You know where our problem began at... I did walk in and try to be the man that said i'll put things aside... you said you were scaling down on parts... not that it didnt make sence.

I fix peoples problems because of your descriptions...

So advertise correctly and we wont have a problem. And you dont get to sell STMPO parts... PERIOD

Regards

Re: Science of Speed Twin Turbo

is it me, or does someone look desperate and threatened

Desperate yes..... not threaded...

I'm Desperate to make enough money to pick these up from the cnc shop next week...So the NSX community has a billet motor mount to buy that was really a billet motor mount...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

instead of this Aviation Computer Science and Engineering attempt at R&D...

mounts_800.jpg

But today I realized... why be desperate to make parts for people that don’t care. I can design parts unparallel with what is available to them today... I just don’t have it in me to lie to the people seeking information.

What about you man... Your handle is D16Turbo ... your avatar is a pic of an S2K.

Did you sell your EG Hatchback to buy an S2k and your desperate to get an NSX?

Because if you dont have one... and you want one... your talking a guy out the door to make it cooler when you do.

If you do have one... your screwing the whole community talking me out the door...

Attachments

• nsx motor mount 3.jpg
    nsx motor mount 3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,440
  • nsx motor mount 2.jpg
    nsx motor mount 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • nsx motor mount 1.jpg
    nsx motor mount 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,433
  • nsx motor mount on the mill.jpg
    nsx motor mount on the mill.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,450
  • nsx motor mount test run.jpg
    nsx motor mount test run.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,447
Last edited:
Re: STMPO / SOS (moved from a FI thread)

This is very confusing, I do not understand why these verbal attacks and rude gestures are being directed to Chris and his staff at SOS. They have helped so many NSX owners with their specific needs, whether it be a modification, basic mechanical issue, etc etc; they have always helped with great haste.

Everyone is allowed promoting their own business and products for the simple fact that this world we live in is run on greed. Sometimes bashing competitors might be beneficial although this may really hurt your sales since I know myself and many other primer's will not deal with STMPO and others who display this hostile behavior. Whatever the reasoning, all this bashing from this thread and others within the past few days have made me wonder why you would do this.

If I were a betting man, I would more place a considerable bet that STMPO and others in the same situation will continue to bash SOS in hopes of bringing down Chris and his staff and of course bash me as well. Chris and SOS staff, you have a lot of loyal supporting primers on here, and I'm sure even more after people read these juvenile remarks.

Rule of thumb in business, no vendor should ever interfere in another vendors thread who is attempting to sell a product, regardless if that product is of quality or not. The only exception to this rule is if the product is in violation of a copyright or patent. (This is of course, merely just my opinion).

The consumers and forum members have every right to question and cross-examine new parts introduced by any vendor, however, I don't feel a vendor has the right to do that to another vendor as a professional courtesy. I was once a vendor myself on another forum years ago before I sold the business. This was something I followed myself and was also something heavily monitored by the forum administration.

Just my 2 pesos.

Then we need to define some sort of rules for vendors talking about other vendors if some people are uncomfortable with it.

If someone designs a product and it is flawed, does the buyer not have a right to know about it? Isn't that one reason to be on nsxprime? to share info?

I find the "bashing" as you guys call it, to be helpful. I can judge on my own whether the "basher" has a legit point or not. This is a forum, not an online market for vendors to sell. They have their own websites for that. This thread is not (as pointed out by someone else), a thread started by a vendor. So what is the problem?

What is the rule? Can no one ever "bash" a product no matter what? Is it just other vendors that aren't allowed to voice an opinion? Some sort of clarity needs to be given here and then people need to stop whining. I like Chris and have bought product from SOS, and plan to do more shopping there. I also like Ross, have bought product from him, and have stuff on order there too. I have been close to buying things from Angus, I have purchased a lot from DF, etc. I am not in the market for a FI system, but I love reading about how they see things differently. The "bashing" and arguments, I love it. Why? because I learn a lot. It forces questions and then I seek answers. I love reading how they view things differently when it comes to turbo systems.

If you are advocating that vendors come on a forum, say whatever they want, and no one has a right to question things on a DIFFERENT thread including another knowledgable vendor, then I just have to say I disagree. Either way, I would like to see some rules and clarification on this.

Last edited:

If someone designs a product and it is flawed, does the buyer not have a right to know about it? Isn't that one reason to be on nsxprime? to share info?

Isn't that what the Buyer, Seller & Vendor Experiences forum is for? Or at least this Vendors / Product info forum. Primers review products all the time, but seeing the vendors themselves argue is not good for anyone's business.

Oh...my...gosh.

If ever there was a way to compete and communicate with another vendor, this is not the way to do it. This is really disappointing.

Then we need to define some sort of rules for vendors talking about other vendors if some people are uncomfortable with it.

I find the "bashing" as you guys call it, to be helpful. I can judge on my own whether the "basher" has a legit point or not. This is a forum, not an online market for vendors to sell. They have their own websites for that. This thread is not (as pointed out by someone else), a thread started by a vendor. So what is the problem?

What is the rule? Can no one ever "bash" a product no matter what? Is it just other vendors that aren't allowed to voice an opinion? Some sort of clarity needs to be given here and then people need to stop whining. I like Chris and have bought product from SOS, and plan to do more shopping there. I also like Ross, have bought product from him, and have stuff on order there too. I have been close to buying things from Angus, I have purchased a lot from DF, etc. I am not in the market for a FI system, but I love reading about how they see things differently. The "bashing" and arguments, I love it. Why? because I learn a lot. It forces questions and then I seek answers. I love reading how they view things differently when it comes to turbo systems.

If you are advocating that vendors come on a forum, say whatever they want, and no one has a right to question things on a DIFFERENT thread including another knowledgable vendor, then I just have to say I disagree. Either way, I would like to see some rules and clarification on this.

+1
I do have a Comptech SC and I am in the market for something else FI..Hell Cody and I have had several conversations over the months. Then when Angus came out with his product. We talked. I was thinking about just keeping what I have and going high-boost. So since I had bought plenty of parts from Chris. We talked. I was even told to wait on my choice of turbo systems :wink:

Over the tens plus years of ownership, I have bought parts from just about every vendor out there RMracing, Dali, SOS, Mark Basch, Procar, DF, you name it (Cept Stmpo) but only because I haven't seen anything I needed YET. So I enjoy the discussion on these forums. I learn about products this way...If hindsight was 20/20, I sould have waited on BBSC but I didn't listen and jump right end with both feet. No big regrets but I should have waited.

So now, I do not think a vendor needs to "bash" another vendor nor any future customer for that part. But, asking valid questions about design, what is included, availablity, etc are all good points a vendor to vendor critique thread could help us asked those questions we do not know to ask. As an Architect I dont LIKE another architects view but sometimes you have to suck it up and listen to be better at what you do!!

Another 2cent added

Rule of thumb in business, no vendor should ever interfere in another vendors thread who is attempting to sell a product, regardless if that product is of quality or not. The only exception to this rule is if the product is in violation of a copyright or patent. (This is of course, merely just my opinion).

The consumers and forum members have every right to question and cross-examine new parts introduced by any vendor, however, I don't feel a vendor has the right to do that to another vendor as a professional courtesy. I was once a vendor myself on another forum years ago before I sold the business. This was something I followed myself and was also something heavily monitored by the forum administration.

Just my 2 pesos.

This is the SOS thread, STMPO never posted in the SOS thread. They posted with their opinion in the thread that a fellow primer started about the SOS turbo.

When in doubt the best road is the high one,but it can be lonely.......

Agree 100%

This is the SOS thread, STMPO never posted in the SOS thread. They posted with their opinion in the thread that a fellow primer started about the SOS turbo.

Understood.

1. My post was moved into this thread.
2. I just making a general point on the entire situation as a whole.

Oh...my...gosh.

If ever there was a way to compete and communicate with another vendor, this is not the way to do it. This is really disappointing.

Well said Shawn, my thoughts exactly. This seems kinda childish and immature. Where is all this coming from?

This is very confusing, I do not understand why these verbal attacks and rude gestures are being directed to Chris and his staff at SOS. They have helped so many NSX owners with their specific needs, whether it be a modification, basic mechanical issue, etc etc; they have always helped with great haste.

Everyone is allowed promoting their own business and products for the simple fact that this world we live in is run on greed. Sometimes bashing competitors might be beneficial although this may really hurt your sales since I know myself and many other primer's will not deal with STMPO and others who display this hostile behavior. Whatever the reasoning, all this bashing from this thread and others within the past few days have made me wonder why you would do this.

If I were a betting man, I would more place a considerable bet that STMPO and others in the same situation will continue to bash SOS in hopes of bringing down Chris and his staff and of course bash me as well. Chris and SOS staff, you have a lot of loyal supporting primers on here, and I'm sure even more after people read these juvenile remarks.

I feel bad for you that you would rather be lied to than have someone correct the tainted data

NSX owners have been reading descriptions typed that are lies... and they have been for years.

Scorp was the first guy with the balls to call him out on it.. some of his posts were not deleted... most of them were..

Why is identifing a lie such a bad thing... were doctors in the wrong fighting Phillip Morris on smoking and health issues?

I was joking around 7 years ago on an AZ drive and I think that is why Chris treated me like dirt when bought parts from hom.

If I wanted to Bash Chris.. I would have a long time ago... I'm pointing out lies that are described in his part descriptions.

Betting man or not... i''l bet you didnt know that.

There will be a huge liquidation sale on the vendors section this weekend.. were not r&d'ing the car anymore...

maybe you could have a buddy buy somethingb so you dont miss a deal... considering you wont buy parts from me... even though you make that decision as a complete stranger to me.

Parts that are our of R&D will be available on our website... if you have my phone number.. please save it in your phone.

In a couple weeks time..... the website will be the only method of purchase or communication if we arent already friends.

Regards

After following the whole issue as it unraveled, and seeing most of what has been posted before it was deleted, there is only one thing that I don't understand. What lies?

Maybe this isn't the smart thing to ask because it might reopen fresh wounds, but I just haven't seen any lying involved. Sure there is a ton of vendor hype and marketing speak, but outright lies? I don't see it. Perhaps I'm not knowledgeable enough, I'm sure I'm not. Help me, and the rest of the people who have stayed quiet, understand because I'm sure they are asking themselves the same thing. I do not want to be caught with a bad or misrepresented product.

From a business standpoint this whole thing is silly. All the vendors on here should know that there is very little territory to go around. For the most part you all sell extreme niche products for an even more extreme niche market. It is ultra small. To be bickering and emotional for the scraps of a continually dwindling market is absurd. Emotions and business do not mix. If you really feel heartfelt, sell products to the millions of Altima/Civic/blah blah blah cars out there, then you can really fund your pet product R&D for the car you love so much.

And if the product is good, we will buy it.

I've only spoke with Ross a few times and I have yet to purchase anything stmpo yet "mainly because I don't have my car atm" but if he stop producing products for the Nsx I will be at a lose and I'm sure many others will be as well.

If I had the cash, I'd get the stmpo coolant tank for sure plus a few other items. Everything he makes has purpose and is backed by pretty well documented testing and pictures which effect the final product. I'm not saying other vendors don't R&D. I'm just saying it seems like Ross takes that extra step!

Stephen

I've only spoke with Ross a few times and I have yet to purchase anything stmpo yet "mainly because I don't have my car atm" but if he stop producing products for the Nsx I will be at a lose and I'm sure many others will be as well.

If I had the cash, I'd get the stmpo coolant tank for sure plus a few other items. Everything he makes has purpose and is backed by pretty well documented testing and pictures which effect the final product. I'm not saying other vendors don't R&D. I'm just saying it seems like Ross takes that extra step!

Stephen
Agreed.

Everything he makes has purpose and is backed by pretty well documented testing and pictures which effect the final product. I'm not saying other vendors don't R&D. I'm just saying it seems like Ross takes that extra step!

Stephen

+1

I have bought several parts from both companies. If STMPO really does stop R&D, it will hurt us all and I will have to purchase the few remaining STMPO parts that I have not already done so.

Kenny

Stephen

I agree. It seems that he stands behind his quality products with real engineering via pics/documentation. It will be a shame should we lose him as a vendor.

Public bashing by 1 vendor to another is no different than Apple bashing the other phone devices for their reception issues when in fact Apple ultimately admitted their issues. Regardless, let's try to calm down Ross and don't jump from the NSX ship yet!

Jeff

I live real close to both SOS and STMPO.

I have also been to both shops and spoken extensively to both Chris and Ross.

Based upon my experience with both, I think I can give an objective opinion on them and their shops, so here it is....

Both Ross and Chris, and their shops, products, etc.; are first rate! Both have been extremely friendly to me every single time I have stopped by. Both stop whatever they are doing and help me by answering questions, providing guidance, etc. It is obvious to me that they are both well qualified for their jobs...no exceptions!

Trust me....I am not shy. If I had a poor experience with either, and I was able to be fair and objective in my opinion, I'd be happy to share any unfortunate experience right here on this forum. However, just the opposite is true. If you search my User Name, you will see I have posted very positive experiences in the past from both Chris and Ross. Never had anything but great experiences!

I am very lucky to have BOTH shops so close to me as I am comfortable with both! Please don't let a little "competitive spirit" skew your perspective on either or any business you may bring to either in the future. As I stated above, both are first rate shops and people!

Rob

Stephen

It's a shame that we have a thread about SOS vs Stmpo. I've see lots of stuff get deleted and this is one thread that should be. If you like stmpo has and you feel that you wont be taken, buy it. If SOS has something you like and you feel comfortable with the purchase, buy it. If you had a bad experience with either one man up and call one of them and straighten it out, instead of going back and forth here.

All this started over another option for our old ass cars to go a little faster. Pick the option YOU LIKE AND CAN AFFORD and post questions to nsxprime vendors that are of some use to us all. :cool:

P.S. stop asking is each others system reliable too, there are 8 years of post on nsxprime about what would make ANY system reliable, in the words of miamiensx, "Boost is Boost".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back