• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock Fuel Pump?

Does anybody know how much HP can the stock fuel pump handle or how to tell when it's bad or going bad? Because I was trying to get my NSX dyno/tune a couple of days ago, but the guy said my fuel pump is bad & that I need a new one cuz he said it doesn't pump enough fuel after 7000RPM or something like that :rolleyes:
I need a second opinion. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have a 98 NSX-T SuperCharged/AEM with 40k miles.

Thanks

I would change out the fuel filter. I had a simlar problem. Turns out to be bad fuel filter. I knew my fuel was new, even though the tuner insisted on the fuel pump.

Danny.

Thanks Danny, That's what I was thinking too & the fuel regulator, but I will change out the fuel filter right away.

Ken

I would change out the fuel filter. I had a simlar problem. Turns out to be bad fuel filter. I knew my fuel was new, even though the tuner insisted on the fuel pump.

Danny.

Was it the in-tank filter?

J. R.

IMO, if you are doing a hi boost setup and larger injectors than Comptech I would play it safe with a fuel pressure regulator and Walbro 255HP fuel pump. Good luck.

Jeff

Flexer,
it's external.

Ah you changed the external one. I havn't cracked into replacing a stock pump yet but I would imagine that there is a filter on the end of the pick up for the pump too. I am upping to a walbro 255 and I will replace the external filter as well.

J. R.

Back