• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Straight pipes on stock NA1 (video)

I wanted to know how straight pipes would sound on my NA1 so I went to my local muffler shop and had them weld an x-pipe straight from the stock headers.

This is very LOUD and sounds extremely raspy. My ears were ringing while driving with the windows up. I will be going back to my old quiet setup. Funnny story though, a corvette came up behind me and revved so I did the same and we both gave each other a nod and thumbs up.

here is a quick video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfcvIuT6rg

I had to put some brand new cats on since I did not want any trouble from the law. The car got a tad bit quieter but it still has an aggressive tone. I will try to post some driving videos soon.

Thanks for posting. I as going to go with straight pipes but my car with headers, RM exhaust and K&N intake is loud enough. Happy Motoring!

I had Taitec straight pipes on my car with an HKS exhaust that sounded great. When the HKS fell apart and I put on the Taitec Parallel exhaust the sound was too high pitched and deafening. Now fast foward six years and I'm starting to think that my Parallel exhaust is getting a little too loud. I think this is a sign that I'm getting old.:frown:

Nothing sounds better than an X-pipe on all the cars that I have heard.

Something about merging both exhaust banks for a tighter pulse.

I look forward to the video with the cats.

BTW, can you do a longer video while driving the NSX and putting it under load?

Someone next and behind you to record it would suffice. Just keep the micro phone inside the trailing car so that the wind noise won't effect it.

that sounds super mean. I like it from the rev...but the law wont...unless its a corvette or viper :(

They do sound pretty mean all uncorked, but it gets old REAL FAST!

This is what I did on mine:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134710

I'm still working on quieting it down as this is my DD. Right now I have a Borla 3" XS muffler on it but it still seems a little too loud for me. And everyone's pain threshold is different too. I must be getting old.

Thanks for posting the video, could you please snap some pictures how it looks like underneath?

Thanks,

Dave

Back