• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Street Legal Customs

Any heard of them? They are located on Woodward just north of 12 mile rd. I met Steve the shop manager this Sat. night while I was out. Before I start throwing any money to those cat's I wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. If you know of another shop that you recommend doing performance work, Dyno tuning and such.. can you throw out their names please?

Any heard of them? They are located on Woodward just north of 12 mile rd. I met Steve the shop manager this Sat. night while I was out. Before I start throwing any money to those cat's I wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. If you know of another shop that you recommend doing performance work, Dyno tuning and such.. can you throw out their names please?

I know Cody at Lovefab, and he's on the boards frequently (s/n is Tinker___), but I think he's about maked on his workload...

What do you want to do?

I'm looking at getting a little more power out of the car. I may want to run a higher boost and I know that there are some additional mod's that need to be done in order to push the comptech supercharger up. Any thoughts?

You can go for a high boost kit if you can find one. The best way to get more power from the Comptech seems to be to go with an Engine Management System. Your choices would be either the AEM, modified AEM if OBD2, modified TEC3 (I got one if you are interested) for OBD2, or lastly, the HKS Pro-FCON but we don't have a local HKS-PRO tuner. The best bet would probably be the AEM. If you have OBD2, you can get the unit from SOS. If OBD1, they are readily available.

Tim

thanks for the heads up on that. How can I tell if I have an OBD1 or OBD2? How much would you sell your unit for and what would be the boost gains that I'd get out of that?

95-96 is kinda hybrid OBD1-OBD2. The 97+ cars are true OBD2. If you have a 95-96, I would recommend using either the HKS FCON or possibly the TEC3, the MSL-AEM was having some very minor issues which may since been resolved since Cody's car is running pretty nicely:biggrin:

In regards to HP gain, the search is your friend but it seems that most people have reported around 40 HP but mainly, it probably runs safer. If you want a serious increase in hp, then the best option would be to sell the Comptech and go turbo. This would allow serious power. You are lucky in that NSXPO is in OH this year so you should try and get a ride in the various setups. I suspect that there will be at least a couple of Lovefab systems, a couple of Elite systems, and at least one HP setup as well as some possibly some other setups.

Tim

Doug-

I have a brand new Lovefab turbo set up with the new AEM F/IC ECU. I have an OBDII. Cody from Lovefab is doing some fine tuning, but the turbo set up is pretty incredible. It is faster than a CTSC set up, I know for sure. If you want to talk further, let me know. I am in Highland, so we don't live too far from each other. Here are a couple photos:

2090207_16_full.jpg

2090207_18_full.jpg

2090207_17_full.jpg

Back