• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Street Racing

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Armando

You sure thats a horse? Looks like a deer head on a cow body with a kangeroo tail:tongue: So back to our street race.......

Well since this thread isnt really a great race and that last video posted seemed to take about a week to get to speed :) The Kangahorse is the best this thread deserves.

Armando

Armando- Do you have any videos of your car? Would like to see it in action and hear it......thanks.

whats up guys this is jess the mechanic. i started on the car today and going to have it done by tomorrow hoping everything will go allright. were going to try to do a hard pull maybe wendsday and hope to post it somewere so every body can see it. silver nsx is leaving some more details about the car we are rac :biggrin: ohh my bad i forgot we cant say that word around here so ill call it (marklar). so where was i o yeah about the car that we are going to marklar. its a sl600 is fast but i think that we have a edge the weight the car makes alot of torque but that is no good. hp is the big helper up top. now i do predict the car to pull me down low if we run from a roll above 25 so i need to be on my toes a not let to many car lengths get between us i feel i will pull him back in and leave him not sure how hard. i think some one mentioned that the car is an auto yeah its but you guys now how long the gears are in the older nsx imean the car can do 100 mph on second gear so i should be able to keep up with him. if you think about it (marklar) should be over by 140 mph so i only will need to shift 2 times may 3 at the most if we start at lower gear. i got a good feeling about the race i feel that we can win now with the bad clutch but i dont feel like having any excuses the day of. thanks to everybody for replying but i got to say there are some guys out there tha need to take it easy. yeah this is one of the most mature websites around but if you thinkl about it we are all grown here. there is no need for some to say that (marklar) is wrong. I that know it is a picky subject but dont take it as bad we were asking for any info on the (marklar) that could help us did not expect mr.rogers telling us how wrong we are to do this. but will be here all week guys and hope that we can make some new frinds here . peace ask me some more questions about it ill post the anwers or ill get silvernsx to post them for me.

Ok,,stock 5 speed max mph in second gear is like 80 mph not 100,so plan acordingly.

Not sure the horse power diffenence between a newer CL 65 and and SL 600 but when me and the CL65 went at it, it was close of coarse I was spraying 100 horses to the wheels and had I/H/E and car was on a diet, this was on my 1991. My NSX for the most part was faster than most out there, no problems with any other NSX''s S/C or turbo (for the most part). I seemed to pull them all, even modded vipers seemed to get pulled but the CL 65 was deffently a good race deffently made me think about getting one......

Nice Teaser nook. I have to see your car sometime. Email me where you are running and maybe the vette can come out to play too :)

also in regards to street racing.
:biggrin:

whats the point of having a fast car? :confused:

i wish everyone would pull out a dyno sheet at the meets and agree that YES... 500HP beats 450HP.... but thats not the way the world works.

a) We have a fast car becase we want to go quick...

b) the competitive nature in us will always push us to see who is better.

combine the two and we get street racing.

i race at the track... but they just closed the track. :mad:

even if we do race at the tracking, there will be times when we just want to get in it on the streets.

ITS ILLEGAL! dont do it. :smile:
Just take it to the track. :smile:
Drunk and driving costs more lives than street racing every year.. but you dont see drunk driver's cars getting crushed. :rolleyes: all they get is a slap on the wrist the first time. Street racers get their cars crushed.

double standards.

happy safe motoring.

Rob
That's lame. Street racing is lame... (sorry)

Besides, you get those bench racers who lose, then when the winner backs off, the loser flies by, thinks he won, goes back on the i-net and posted how he beat car X... Lap times don't lie ;)

Being the author of the linked F430 thread I can say I see nothing wrong with a little highway competition from time to time. What all the "street racing is evil" guys forget is that believe it or not people are capable of using good judgement. Going 150 mph through a school zone while dodging cars and looking out your passenger window is retarded and not to be compared to two guys on an open highway doing a little pull. I think 99.99% of us would agree and the majority of the "street racing" deaths are a result of the former and not the latter. Also, I think that "street racing' is the evil topic dejour. Have people been killed on the street? Yes, no doubt. But so have people playing the game of golf and I don't hear a public outcry saying "golf is evil". Street racing is being blown way out of proportion.

To those who say "take it to a track" or "speed kills" I usually respond "what if there isn't a track near you?" or "have you never taken your car above the speed limit or passed another car on an open highway? Because if you have you are being a hypocrit". Why have a car that can go 3 times the legal speed limit if not to try it out from time to time?

To recap, what I am basically saying to the safety Nazi's is that the majority of us are capable of using good judgement on where and when to play with our cars. So give us a break why don't you and stop the "street racing is evil" judgemental rant of the week and consider that maybe we aren't all just a bunch of idiots that you seem to imply.
I agree with almost everything you said. I am not a fan of holier than you type of preaching. People have their own judgements and able to adjust according to situations or for most part know their limits. If they make a poor judgement, then they will be respondsible for the consequence.

I drive my NSX once a week, 10 minute drive from my house to Vances shop. Drive within speed limit 99% of time with full awareness of all my surrounding and avoid driving parallel to another car. There are variables that I can not control, I minimize risks to best of my ability.

The holier than you people should go and make a big deal out of SUVs and trucks first. Look at how many deadly accidents they caused.

Let the law take care of those who break them, you break the law you will get caught sooner or later. Speeding is no different. Paying up is easy, sitting through traffic school with several hundred people in a tight court room with tight airplane economy seats is not fun (Orange Country). Anyone spent a wonderful Saturday in a court room like that will think twice before stepping on it.

I am a human, just like everyone else I will open her up once a while on my favorite 1 lane "freeway off ramp" for 4~5sec, street is too risky even for me. My interest with cars started out with appreciation for the beauty of the car when I was a child. The most fun I get out of my NSX is owning it, taking care of it, buiding it, and stting down relaxing with NSX friends while smoling a flavorfull hookah. I can stare at the car for hours and time after time again and never get tire of it.

People often ask me with genuine good intent, occassionally I do get a few really sarcastic ones with bad intent: Jason why not track it? Why build it if you don't track it? I return with these comments or questions:

-I admire the enthusiasm and skill.

-If my intent of getting the NSX were tracking it, I would had bought one with specific intent to track it and nothing else.

-Easier for you to say

-I have a freedom right?

-Are you paying for my track insurance? Or am I on my own? Do you guarantee there will be no mishaps?

-I don't drive my NSX anywhere further than 1 hour away, anything near by? if so I will take the chance and do it once just for you. If I get addicted, you are fully respondsible.

-do I need to collect rock chips?

-Is it ok if I just enjoy building the car and appreciate it in however why I enjoy?

-It cost time and money. I can use the time and money on getting more parts for the car or do something else I enjoy just as much.

-I love sking, but I don't go sking all the time, maybe if I have easy access, I might do it more often.

-You can make excuse on anything. Most important thing is if you enjoy it, that is all it matters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding lap time as best measurement, no intent of disrespect, but think about it. There are so many variables.

1- put driver A in Enzo and driver B in a 996TT. What if the driver A is a complete novice driver? And driver B professonal level?

2. Tire, suspension, etc, too many other variables. Better lap time doesn't always tell the entire story. Could be better driver, the faster car might have more suitable set up for that particular track, etc.

I acutally don't like to race and take chances but someones I am curious on what the car is capable in term of raw "acceleration". IMHO best way to test raw "acceleration" is roll on race, it take launching out of question.

Stupid, lame or whatever, majority of people out there are more interested in what car can do in straightline rather than what it can do at the track. I took the NSX to dragstrip before, IMHO, that was a shitload of hassle and trouble. Not worth the trouble, long drive, and long wait in line IMHO. Even at the dragstrip, many cars perform nowhere near it's straightline potential thanks to its drivers.

Last but not least. Take a look at youtube and all the roll on acceleration videos. I personally find those far more fun to watch than "majority" of track videos (some track videos are better). I am pretty sure I am not the only one. For one the roll on acceleration videos showcase what the car are capable of, the action usually end before viewer fell asleep.

Last edited:
EVERYONE street races even the ones who preach. Its not aggressive drivers that kill its dumb idiotic drivers. The debate could go on forever.

you are so right my friend. Theres a lot of peaple who give the game shame. specialy the young drivers. If i could not see how old the driver is i would know just by racing him. The other day i was tunning the car at near my house down the new parkway. the car was running a little lean so i just had added more fuel to the car and i was doing a couple pulls and logging them to see where i was at. when i had turn back around to go back home and some guy with ls1 camero with loud pipes got behind me gunning his car like he wanted to race. the car was doing good so i said why not. so i speed up fast to pass a slow car and left him. i got pass the car and slowed to 55 then he came pass me flying by. did not slowed down at all and keep going fast around a turn . this guy was crazy no sense at all. those are the king of peaple who just dont get it.

the sl600 2004+ is 500 hp/600 trq, now depending what renntech items he has it could be 520hp/620tr up to 650+hp 750+trq

so the best thing that could happen to OP to win the race is that he KNOWS how to launch and the mercedes driver thinks launching is just pressing the gas, if he knows how to drive and he has a pretty good renntech setup on his car he will leave you in the "freindly" exhaust fumes'

p.s. if you hit vtec then game over for the mercedes:smile:

Thankyou for all your inputs.
Believe it or not, we have been awaiting for this ( judgement Day ). During this time of year, both our schedule ( theirs and ours ) has been very hectech. It has been hard to meet up. My rival owns a chian of resturants and has a very tight schedule (over a dozen). I must say I am confident that I will be the victor. Though I have been wrong before. Jessie's tunning has really impressed me. Its amazing the difference between every lb, on how much the the car pulls. Not saying that thats what's going to determind the race. but, I am just glad I can tell a difference.
The little tease video was based on a 9 and 10lb pull.. 8lb 2nd, 9lb 3rd and 10lb 4th. We do plan on boosting her up to 11lbs on 3rd and 4th gear on
( the main event.) I know gearing will be and issue. 235/35/18 front tires
and 285/30/19 rear tires. I do have drag radials but, who cares. This is just for our injoyment. No one is going to win a million dollars.
anyhow, I will keep you guys posted.

EVERYONE street races even the ones who preach. Its not aggressive drivers that kill its dumb idiotic drivers. The debate could go on forever.

Maybe one day you'll change your mind when someone very close to you dies as a result of street racing.

I don't think that everyone street races (for example, I'm pretty sure my 63 year old mother doesn't), but I do agree that it's irresponsible driving that's dangerous.

Road accident statistics published by the OECD seem to show that there is no correlation between how fast people are allowed to drive and how many kill themselves (and others) on the highway.

In Germany a lot of people have fast cars, enjoy driving quickly, and there's no general speed limit on the highway. People floor it often to see whose car is faster. If someone is driving slowly in the left lane (say, 85 mph), blocking two people behind him who want to drive faster, there is a good chance that both of those guys will floor it when the left lane becomes clear. The guy in front wants to show that he can pull away from the car behind him. The guy in back wants to show that he is faster and that the car in front should clear out of the left lane, too. Things like that happen all the time and probably a lot more often than in the States because in Germany it's legal to accelerate up to any speed you want. Despite that, the death rate on highways is significantly lower than in the US.

Looking at the attached chart, you can't predict how many people will die in car crashes on the highway based on how fast they are allowed to drive. Slovenia has the same speed limit as Denmark but three times as many highway deaths per kilometer travelled. Belgium has the same speed limit as Switzerland but almost five times the highway death rate.

Despite the old adage, it doesn't simply seem to be speed that kills.

Attachments

• Speed and death 2005.jpg
    Speed and death 2005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Road kills 2005.jpg
    Road kills 2005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 79
Just take it to the track. :smile:
That's lame. Street racing is lame... (sorry)

Besides, you get those bench racers who lose, then when the winner backs off, the loser flies by, thinks he won, goes back on the i-net and posted how he beat car X... Lap times don't lie ;)

lol he can fly by all he wants, we both know who got dominated :smile:

time and a place for everything.

i think street racing gets a bad rep because kids who have absolutely no expereince driving, jump into a car and start going at it.

i know when i go too fast and mental images of me wrapped around a light pole slows me down, but that safety mechanism just isnt in some peoeple.

i should really go spend more time at the track racing.. hey i guess new things really scares people.

im sure i would have a total blast! :smile:

drive safe and holiday greetings to all.

Back