• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

suggestions on black rims, please

ok I am in search of black rims for my rio yellow, I would like to find a spoked wheel (maybe 5 spokes) with a deep dish for the rear. Also if anyone knows of a rim that would have/ could add a color match very thin yellow stripe on the outer edge that would be great. I have searched through countless web sites of wheels and searched on this sites engine but have found very few examples. anyone have any sources? thanks.

If you want a yellow stripe you'll probably either have to go with a custom wheel, or find a wheel you like and take it body shop and have them paint the stripe for you. GFG, Strasse Forged are just 2 companies off the top of my head will do the stripe and custom colors or whatever you want, but be prepared to shell out some cash if you go that route.

i JUST WEN TON THE GFG SITE AND THEY OFFER A WHEEL BUILDER AND I CAN DESIGN EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO REFERENCE TO WHO TO CONTACT FOR PRICE, AVAILABILTY AND QUESTIONS. ANYONE HAVE ANY HISTORY/INFO ON THIS CO?

I did notice that they are redoing their website. I know a place in Baltimore carries them... No Limit Inc.

I will be doing the lips on our shop NSX in black within the next week or so. I have carbon centers but it will give you an idea of how the wheels will look. Send me a PM if your interested and i can make the EXACT wheel your looking for and not break the bank in the process! Group buy is also going to be posted VERY soon in vendors section. Be very careful with buying wheels from someone thats inexperienced with the NSX as its very likely you will NOT be happy with the end result. Ive seen too many wheel companies do horrible things when doing custom wheels for an NSX. Hope i can be of assistance.

Regards,
Danny

Link to photoshoot of my NSX: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131427

I will be doing the lips on our shop NSX in black within the next week or so. I have carbon centers but it will give you an idea of how the wheels will look. Send me a PM if your interested and i can make the EXACT wheel your looking for and not break the bank in the process! Group buy is also going to be posted VERY soon in vendors section. Be very careful with buying wheels from someone thats inexperienced with the NSX as its very likely you will NOT be happy with the end result. Ive seen too many wheel companies do horrible things when doing custom wheels for an NSX. Hope i can be of assistance.

Regards,
Danny

Link to photoshoot of my NSX: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131427
DONT DO IT!!!:eek:

attachment.php

hahahahh. I can't get over no matter where it seems i go tonight nsxlover has the gayest comments I probably have ever seen on this site. If you are trying to sound gay, you are doing a remarkable job at it. If you are gay, stop making it so obvious......actually just stop doing it at all.

I had a 3 piece rim (racing hart, brushed metal finish) and took it to my friend who took it apart and powdercoated and chromed to my specs and put it back together. Barneys tire in Temecula, ca. ask for matt. the car is currently for sale-see the marketplace. (97 black/tan)

Only the best for the best. The only rims that compliment a sports car with late
eighties styling is a multi spoke rim with a step lip or diamond cut lip i.e. volk's ce28n or ssr's type f's. Other rims may look great on newer cars, but because off the unusually high offset the nsx requires, the rims will look akward on the nsx.

Some people like the Advan RS series wheels but the absence of the step lip takes away from the car (see last picture).

Attachments

• 8_c.jpg
    8_c.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 162
  • i95_17.jpg
    i95_17.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 164
  • i95_18.jpg
    i95_18.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 123
  • the devil 1.jpg
    the devil 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 115
  • the devil nsx.jpg
    the devil nsx.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 117
  • ??.jpg
    ??.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 3232053506_f59f5f0ce9_o.jpg
    3232053506_f59f5f0ce9_o.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 104
  • i95_15.jpg
    i95_15.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 100
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 153
ok I am in search of black rims for my rio yellow, I would like to find a spoked wheel (maybe 5 spokes) with a deep dish for the rear. Also if anyone knows of a rim that would have/ could add a color match very thin yellow stripe on the outer edge that would be great. I have searched through countless web sites of wheels and searched on this sites engine but have found very few examples. anyone have any sources? thanks.

I want to see someone pick up satin black RSD's. Forget about the "time attack" pin stripe idea, too trendy and played out IMHO.

Back