• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suicide?

If I were to kill myself I would do it by...

• ...quaffing lots of OTC ibuprofen pills (or something like that)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • ...downing an armload of speed (ritalin or something like that)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...jumping into a deep pool with weights on my ankles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...hitting up Wal-Mart on Memorial Day for some .45 ammo

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • ...moving to New Guinea or some other off the wall place

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ...doing standby in Iraq, for the excitement

• ...12 gauge to the noggin

• ...some other gauge to do the trick

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
When I was 15 a 14 year old close friend died by hanging himself in his bedroom before school. He was the oldest of 4 boys in the family. It was really rough. All of the other boys went nuts and completely destroyed the parents leading to divorce, among other problems. I blames myself for years afterwords thinking that I should have been nicer to him at times, etc....

When I was 15 a 14 year old close friend died by hanging himself in his bedroom before school. He was the oldest of 4 boys in the family. It was really rough. All of the other boys went nuts and completely destroyed the parents leading to divorce, among other problems. I blames myself for years afterwords thinking that I should have been nicer to him at times, etc....

What lead him to doing it?

You post topics for a reason...have you been contemplating suicide?:confused:

I never though about killing...... myself...
p_tony.jpg

Not personally, but there are more suicides than one might think because it's a last resort classification [often left "unsolved"].

My uncle bought a home pretty cheap because the previous owner killed his wife and kids then shot himself. Nobody else wanted the house but hey it had all new carpet.

It's much more common in many asian countries. CEO's in China have a repuation for just killing themselves if things go too south.

What lead him to doing it?

We still really don't know. No note or anything left behind. He used a belt and the upper bunk in the bedroom that he shared with his brother. He got into a fight with his mom that morning over something. He was a good kid and wasn't into any real trouble that anyone knew of. His mom always thought that he tried it for attention, but didn't mean to actually go through with it. It's a nice thought, but I think she just told herself that to help her feel better about the whole thing.

Stock market got you down?

Not at all. I love the fact that I'm making lots of money from speculative (downside) investments.

What does have me down is how the U.S. got to this place in the first place. This is the 3rd inning folks -- nobody on this website, myself included, knows how far this shoe will drop. Gotta love JIT-R. Just In Time - Recession.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic. Back to suicides.

Hey death is inevitable. Not a matter of if. It is when and how. I guess suicide answers the questions when and how.....No one knows how many fatal car "accidents" are acts of suicide.

I've known way too many.

A high school buddy, 5 weeks after graduated from HS. Probably was Autoerotic Asphyxiation, but ruled a suicide.

About 5 years later, a former college boyfriend of my sister. He was living in Seattle, no known cause.

A couple years later the husband of a co worker jumped off a bridge. He was on and off Prozac. I think it ended up in a lawsuit.

When I lived in the OC, my production manager's son swallowed his shotgun. Turned out he wasn't quite as close to completing college as he had led to believe, afraid he had disgraced his family.

A couple of years ago, a former neighbor's son (mid to late 20s) accidentally shot himself. Might not have been an accident, as he was experienced with guns in general, but it was a new gun. Was generally a good guy, but sometimes seemed as if he felt unfulfilled.

The stepfather (only about 15 years older) of one of my co workers punched out about a year ago. He was a high end computer consultant, who had quit working for the gov't. Was working from home, making 6 figures just something was happy.

I'm sure I can find some more if I think about it. But I'm working on my bottle of Jack, a shot of heroin and I'm cleaning my shotgun, listening to Kurt Cobain.

Miner

I will say that there are a few people on Prime that actually know who I am. And, I'd appreciate it if they would keep their lids shut on my posting these types of threads, for obvious reasons. Doesn't help anyone...

I will say that there are a few people on Prime that actually know who I am. And, I'd appreciate it if they would keep their lids shut on my posting these types of threads, for obvious reasons. Doesn't help anyone...

You lost me here. Was there a deleted comment that we are missing????

Yeah, long stories.... PM me if you care to know.

Now I try to teach people about the beauty and meaning of life.

Well, I survived cancer, twice... and I believe you only live once and when you die, that's it. You rot and get eaten by worms... So... when you get diagnosed even once, why suffer? Fuck it, if it starts hurting, end it as soon as you can. I'd rather blow myself away than die slowly. People take life too seriously but they don't know that life is meaningless and we are all dust in the wind, so live 25 or 125 years, in the end it's all the same!

Drink Guinness, die happy!

Well, if you can kill yourself by going to New Guinea then I suppose I would kill myself by moving to the Amalfi Coast. Spending the next 50 years eating too much good food, drinking too much good wine and spending too much time out in the sunshine.

GIS for New Guinea:
img_papua_new_guinea.jpg

sure people can get thier pantys in a bunch, be emo, depressed(been there) but at the end of the day if you cant respect your freinds, family, or anybody else who loves you enough to stick around for them then you are a weak individual

suicide isnt a victimless crime, thats a horrible thing to do you your family/freinds, if you dont want to live for yourself, atleast live for them

suicide=weaksauce

If anyone is contemplating suicide just remember: To not make Permanent decisions in Temporary circumstances.

The bottom line is things will eventually get better. And the tough times helps to better prepare you for even greater obstacles in the future.

Back