• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Survey: What coilovers are you using?

Great job on your lift system Steven! I've enjoyed following your progress over the years. Wish you much success on this for the nsx but especially other platforms too.

im running the same suspension as this guy but I only know of 3 people in the US with it so I'm sure I'm waaaay down in the priority list.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-high-rec&v=-quN1jNsHEM

Hope to meet you (and others) during my travels across the country during the next 5 weeks.

Thanks for your comments and well wishes. After spending many years and roughly 10,000 hours and roughly $500,000 dollars in development of the iLIFT Systems, it's gratifying to see that we are getting so much interest even before we unveil the systems at NSXPO and disclose the full details.

I was in Los Angeles a week ago before driving almost 3,000 miles to New York. I'm installing an iLIFT System in NY. From here, I'll drive the car to NSXPO to do the official unveiling of the iLIFT Systems.
I'll drive cross country to Washington show the iLIFT System along the way, then to Arizona and on to Vegas for SEMA. I'll drive back to LA after SEMA.
If you'd like to meet and experience my iLIFT System in person, let me know.
It would be great to meet you.

I'd be happy to meet any other interested Primers along my route.

I'm not sure what suspension you have.
iLIFT(R) Systems are designed to work with coilovers.
iLIFT(R) Systems are custom built to match a specific vehicle and a specific suspension.

To determine if we can accommodate your suspension we need to know the following information:
-diameter of the shock body
-diameter of the chrome plated shock rod
-diameter of the threaded end of the shock rod
-the inside diameter of the springs
-type of top mounts used (i.e. pillow ball, OEM)

Last edited:
Ok cool. Northern Texas is like another country so not like it's closeby :)

I've got Tein RA's with VRH but thinking to change to KW V3's.
I'm hoping it's an upgrade/update over the RA's.
Looking forward to see the Ilift system details.

I thought he had a one-off Sachs system through Kei Office?
The Kei Office (using the Sachs' damper) was an old version Tsuchiya was developing. For one reason or another (probably business related) he sold Kei Office and created the company called DG5. I'm not sure what of the Sach's damper components was used in the DG5. The goal for the DG5 suspension system, which Tsuchiya has tested and developed extensively on his own NSX-R, was designed to be a comfortable suspension on the street yet can be adjusted (via one-way adjustable knob) to be track competitive. In other words, make a more versatile suspension system than the Showas on the stock NSX-R, which is amazing but can be a bit harsh on the streets. It's not a "drift" oriented suspension like many think it is (because most Americans think all Japanese ppl know how to do is drift?) though can be setup to drift spec quick easily... the range of adjustment is that good. Tsuchiya and his crew spent a lot of time just tuning the bumpstops used for example. I like them a lot. It's the best single mod I love about my NSX.

I find the DG5 much better than everyone's favorite; KW V3, which is a good suspension for the price. This is only my $0.02 of course.

Spoon uses it as the stock suspension system in their street NSX.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_0905_spoon_sports_na1_nsx/photo_10.html

KW Clubsports

Back