• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suspension upgrade

Hi guys. Thinking of changinf the suspension to bilstien and eibach set up. I know many of you swore by it. Just wondering any latest development in the suspension scene.

I dont track the car or use it daily. Just occasional drive on weekend. Comfort is a priority to me.

+1 stay OEM if you like a comfy ride. If you want a slightly more aggressive stance then you can add the bilsteins on the lower spring perch setting with the OEM springs.

You can also get the NSX-R front chassis and swaybars to help in the corners.

You might also want to consider the Eibach/Koni setup. I have Konis with Comptech Sport (I think lol) springs and it's not too bad. I'm pretty sure the Eibachs are softer, so with the Konis on the softest setting, you'd be pretty close to OEM. And, for the occasional track day, you can crank up the damping.

+3 On the OEM. I replaced the OEM on my 1991 with 117K miles with OEM from a 2000 with 15K miles for $200 and was very satisfied with the outcome!

When I bought my NSX it had standard shocks and Eibachs. Turmed out to be too low for my drive & I only use it on roads not track, so I put it on Bilsteins (upper perch) and returned to OEM springs. Noticeable improvement....body roll is same as it always was (ie minimal) plus I benefit from a smoother ride.

(As a result I have a set of Eibach springs with about 500miles on them, so PM me if you are interested!)

+3 On the OEM. I replaced the OEM on my 1991 with 117K miles with OEM from a 2000 with 15K miles for $200 and was very satisfied with the outcome!

well the shocks on a 95+ are different than the ones on the coupes. if you look at the part # theu are different. the shocks on the t tops are definitly softer. i compressed both when i was changing springs. i even had a friend do a blind test and he agrees

well the shocks on a 95+ are different than the ones on the coupes. if you look at the part # theu are different. the shocks on the t tops are definitly softer. i compressed both when i was changing springs. i even had a friend do a blind test and he agrees

That is correct.

Hi guys. Thinking of changinf the suspension to bilstien and eibach set up. I know many of you swore by it. Just wondering any latest development in the suspension scene.

I dont track the car or use it daily. Just occasional drive on weekend. Comfort is a priority to me.

I see no reason to deviate from the Bilstein/OEM spring setup. If you want better performance for the street with OEM-level comfort I'd recommend the Bilsteins with the Dali progressive springs. I'd skip the Eibachs.

I will agree that many here prefer the Bilstein/OEM set-up. In my experience the Eibach is too hard of a spring for your "comfort" priority. I've had them, they are far from comfortable.

+1 stay OEM if you like a comfy ride. If you want a slightly more aggressive stance then you can add the bilsteins on the lower spring perch setting with the OEM springs.

You can also get the NSX-R front chassis and swaybars to help in the corners.

Just do the front sway? This is a very appealing solution in my book. (mines a daily).

Back