• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SynergyAutoworks vs evof575gtc

come on!
u are in socal too!
drive over and ASK!
i am sure he will BS abit and then tell u its $150!
You've got a pretty belligerent way of making an argument. Using terms like "BS" gives people the perception that you have a beef with him.

In any case, just because you live in the vicinity of a seller, and have access to them to ask such a question, do you think they'll give you an answer? I really doubt any business is going to provide that information to you. I wouldn't expect them to answer, so I'm not going to waste my time.

If you really want to know the price, please ask him yourself. I'm sure he won't answer the question. Myself, after doing my research, if I'm comfortable with a price relative to a specific product, and I can afford the purchase, then I'll pull the trigger. I don't need to know seller's cost.

You've got a pretty belligerent way of making an argument. Using terms like "BS" gives people the perception that you have a beef with him.

In any case, just because you live in the vicinity of a seller, and have access to them to ask such a question, do you think they'll give you an answer? I really doubt any business is going to provide that information to you. I wouldn't expect them to answer, so I'm not going to waste my time.

If you really want to know the price, please ask him yourself. I'm sure he won't answer the question. Myself, after doing my research, if I'm comfortable with a price relative to a specific product, and I can afford the purchase, then I'll pull the trigger. I don't need to know seller's cost.

I complete agree with you FuryNSX. I think some people forget businesses and vendors are here to make a profit. Everything you purchase someone made profit on or they wouldn't make it. We wouldn't be here talking about this if MODE4 didn't have an actual NSX-R wing to provide to have made duplicated. So you can thank MODE4 for that. If they wanted to sell these at cost then why even make them? Some people are comfortable to pay for a new model Sony television at retail because they can afford it or they don't mind having it right away... others wait a year for the price to drop or shop around for a deal and get it then... That is the way world. I've said this before this NSX market is unique due to the limited amount of NSX's in world. The NSX is not cheap or plentiful. Be realistic and realize that parts for our car will not cost as cheap as civic or integra parts.

First off, i would like to thank all of prime members for the support and warm welcome, i received in the last few days. I am creating this post to bring the "whole" story out.

We acquired 2 Ariel Atoms, 1 US Atom, and 1 of the only 3 Uk Atoms in the country. There is no after market support for the Atom, so we are going to be the support. We attended Sema in 2007 to find a company to manufacture parts for us. After consulting with 5 different carbon fiber product manufactures we chose NRG, they are well known for high quality products, great business ethics, and they are located in the US (although production is outsourced to China).

December 10, 2007 We drove our trailer with the Atoms in it out to California to drop them off at NRG. They completely stripped the cars to start the molding and replicating procedures. While we were there, the President of NRG approached us. He knew that we had a couple NSX's and was

wondering if we wanted some product that he had left after a business deal gone bad. This is the story we got from NRG.

Erick went to NRG to get the diffuser replicated, while there a verbal contract was made. In order for NRG to profit, and the manufacture to profit a minimum of 80 pieces would have to be made. There is no upfront cost, no mold fees, no trademarks, nothing. The only thing he would pay for is the product once it is ready. NRG owns the rights to everything, nothing but the product was ever purchased from them. When the product came in, only 50 of the 80 pieces were purchased. Since this piece was custom made for Erick, he had exclusive rights to sell it for 6 months. For over a year NRG tried to get Erick to purchase the other 30 piece, but he would not, at this time NRG lost money on it so they came to us.

They gave us a price of $150 each. We took 5 of these home with us in December, and tried to find local NSX owners to test them for us before we put them on the market. The only local owner with a +02 did not have his car anymore. That is why we originally made a post on here to find a test vehicle. We figured this product is on the market for $7xx-$9xx we can offer a better reasonable rate on it at selling it for $430. We have not sold a single piece, only sent one out for testing, once that was complete, we were going to sell them.

The day I posted that we need a test vehicle, Erick sent me a pm, email, and replied to my thread on how he does not want me selling "his" product, this is not his product it is NRG's. I tried to be respectful, and businesslike, but he is making it very difficult. He never responded to any of my pm's. I replied to his emails, and his pm's asking for him to call me so we can discuss this matter, but instead he calls NRG.

He called NRG asking them to make us put a MODE 4 label on the diffuser if we were going to sell it, and to make us raise the price from $430 to $7xx. NRG would not do that, they said we can sell it for whatever we want, because we know have exclusive rights on the product.

We are not here to put anyone out of business, or create havoc. Like i said from the beginning, We are here to provide this community with great products at reasonable rates. I have received numerous welcome pm's from people that are glad we are here, and some that are not so glad. I can double or triple the MSRP on price to sell on here if thats what you would like, but then how would i be able to sleep at night knowing i was taking advantage of you. We are a business, and like every business we are here to make money, but we are not here to take advantage of you.

Listen to you guys. "Contracts" ... "Leases" ... "Product Rights" ... "Negotiated Pricing" ... "MSRP"... "Branding" ... "Monopolies" ... "Signed Contacts" ... LOL.

This sounds familiar. Reminds me of dealing with Procar.You guys all wear 3pc suites to kindergarten, yet couldn't get that lemonade stand to work out?

Come on, what are we really talking about here... who gets to off NRG's excess batch of knock-off NSX-R diffusers they got to sit on from another deal gone bad?

It isn't about competition, but about unscrupulous business practices by a vendor.

Then why is this spilling out on to your customers forum?

Look. Seems to me it is whomever put up the cash for the excess inventory to buy it, end of story.

It doesn't even sound like they charged a tooling or mold fee so you had minimal if anything out of pocket. As that is neither here nor there.. as it has all been resold; as such they (Synergy) can sell it for whatever they want. Wanna play you got to pay. While I am sure all of you have the best of intentions.. the way this comes off is it sounds like someone wants to have their cake for free, while telling everyone else how to eat theirs. :confused:

What does the prime community want or need ?

Ahh. Let me tell you.

See... This is what happens when people come to the NSX community and try and make a grand business scheme out of what... at best a couple hundred paying members that are actively modding their cars? Like go get a real job.

The moment you try and make a "business" out of it and put your bills or your wants/needs ahead of the pure pleasure and enjoyment of being involved with the great people in the car club... and every member is a sale or a customer or a competitor and not just another friend or peer... no real good can ever possibly come out of it in the long run.

It's the fastest way I've seen to turn what could be promising friendships into bitter enemies. Ever heard of don't get your meat where you get your milk?

Like no more NSX vendor favors, please..... having great intentions is great, but doing favors always isn't a favor. Now you have guys that paid 3X more for a product than someone else a few weeks ago. Hard to feel great about that.

If you really want to know the "What does the prime community want or need ?" ...

Get their cars done. As easily and quickly and cheaply as possible without all the BS and under handed shady personalities. So my 0.2 is blow them out at cost and be done with it. Take it as a learning experience and move on. Their is what now.... 12 vendors selling pimpin CFRP parts? Good luck with that get rich quick scheme... I wouldn't walk, I'd run.

No harm, no foul, no blood, no ambulance.
- Chic Hearn

Stay :smile:

I say let's not call time until it's time. You know.. the thread is just gettin' going... maybe they are all sex offenders who knows... :biggrin:

Way too much drama for sure. If I had to pimp my street ride I know the real way- just get on the show. I'd have four TV's under my diffuser so I can watch the Speed Report while changing my oil... hell I won't care what the label on it says. :biggrin:

Last edited:
...But they should not represent themselves as Robin Hoods when they are in fact a business making handsome profits off of prime members.

Well, if you feel you paid too much for your Mode4 diffuser, why not contact Erick for the generous price adjustment he offered?

You did buy one at the original price, right? That is why you are complaining? Or are you just sitting on the sideline adding fuel to the fire?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel for vendors who try to sell to Prime members. More than half the time they get complaints from people who were not planning on buying their product in the first place.

Well, if you feel you paid too much for your Mode4 diffuser, why not contact Erick for the generous price adjustment he offered?

You did buy one at the original price, right? That is why you are complaining? Or are you just sitting on the sideline adding fuel to the fire?

I feel for vendors who try to sell to Prime members. More than half the time they get complaints from people who were not planning on buying their product in the first place.
------------------------------------------------
OMG thats good...

My name is James and I am from NRG Innovations...Just letting you guys know that Synergy Autoworks is now one of our main distributors. They are stand up guys and I can confirm everything they said is true. Any questions feel free to call me (626)369-2668.

But they should not represent themselves as Robin Hoods when they are in fact a business making handsome profits off of prime members.

Is your statement based on actual fact? Are you their accountant and have access to their bank statements?

As I understand it, MODE4 is made up of four NSX owners using the following business model:

Develop a quality product with step by step instructions at a reasonable price. Any return on investment would be re-invested into the next product, which happens to be the 02+ style bumper for NSX's with pop-up headlights. I'm presuming the ROI will be re-invested to other products that is on their roadmap. So, as you can see MODE4 is not an SOS; Dali Racing; ProCar or even SynergyAutoworks. This is a venture of 4 enthusiast that has a few ideas for some NSX products that no one else has brought to market yet.

Lastly, do you really think selling diffusers is going to make them or anyone else rich... I don't think so...

Is your statement based on actual fact? Are you their accountant and have access to their bank statements?

As I understand it, MODE4 is made up of four NSX owners using the following business model:

Develop a quality product with step by step instructions at a reasonable price. Any return on investment would be re-invested into the next product, which happens to be the 02+ style bumper for NSX's with pop-up headlights. I'm presuming the ROI will be re-invested to other products that is on their roadmap. So, as you can see MODE4 is not an SOS; Dali Racing; ProCar or even SynergyAutoworks. This is a venture of 4 enthusiast that has a few ideas for some NSX products that no one else has brought to market yet.

Lastly, do you really think selling diffusers is going to make them or anyone else rich... I don't think so...

Who are the four involved with Mode4?

It's this type of thing that makes the people pissed off NOW though about Evo. His customer service is top notch but it better be for the price you pay for the parts........

"The regular price is $850 plus shipping. The Clear coat is an $150 option, but to give back to NSXPRIME and its community, the smoked clearcoat is something I'm giving FOR FREE just to say thanks.

I'm going to offer these 6 at a extremely generous special price of $765 shipped to the 48 contiguous states.

The package come complete with all hardware and instructions for easy and perfect installation.
With the mounting kit included, this will allow perfect alignment during mounting.
this include drill guides, gaskets, washers, stainless bolts and of course the MODE4 sticker emblem

PAYMENT INFO:
Payment options are Paypal with confirmed address only (must add 3% = $787.95 for convenience fees),
Postal Money Order, Bank Cashier's check or Personal Checks
Cash Only for pick up. Installation fee is $50 for my time."

Who are the four involved with Mode4?

My guess would Erick, Demigod, octechgeek, and who ever owns this orange nsx
9_1_copy.jpg

Last edited:
See... This is what happens when people come to the NSX community and try and make a grand business scheme out of what... at best a couple hundred paying members that are actively modding their cars? Like go get a real job.

The moment you try and make a "business" out of it and put your bills or your wants/needs ahead of the pure pleasure and enjoyment of being involved with the great people in the car club... and every member is a sale or a customer or a competitor and not just another friend or peer... no real good can ever possibly come out of it in the long run.

We came here to offer this community great products at a reasonable cost, we did not come here to "get rich". We are strait forward honost people, if you are ever curious as to what a product cost us to obtain, feel free to ask, of course we will have a little mark up to help business run a little smoother, but we are defiantly not going to get rich off of it.

This is not a job for us, this is our life, this is what we enjoy doing, and what we will continue to do.

As for some of you making the statement that mode 4 was selling them at a higher rate because they paid more for them, and we just received the remaining on clearance, you are completely wrong. They bought more than we did, so they received a better "mass purchase" discount than we did. Im am not going to post what they purchased them for, im not going to fuel the fire anymore. Both sides are out in the open now, it is up to the consumer to weed through the details.

NRG is a great company, they have great products. There customer service, and high quality products have been proven time and time again.

Now i think it is time to put an end to this.

We came here to offer this community great products at a reasonable cost, we did not come here to "get rich". We are strait forward honost people, if you are ever curious as to what a product cost us to obtain, feel free to ask, of course we will have a little mark up to help business run a little smoother, but we are defiantly not going to get rich off of it.

This is not a job for us, this is our life, this is what we enjoy doing, and what we will continue to do.

As for some of you making the statement that mode 4 was selling them at a higher rate because they paid more for them, and we just received the remaining on clearance, you are completely wrong. They bought more than we did, so they received a better "mass purchase" discount than we did. Im am not going to post what they purchased them for, im not going to fuel the fire anymore. Both sides are out in the open now, it is up to the consumer to weed through the details.

NRG is a great company, they have great products. There customer service, and high quality products have been proven time and time again.

Now i think it is time to put an end to this.

i strongly agree with this and i think we should end this!
but at least we know whats happening in this community and we know that "robin hood" does not exist! they are all business man trying to make money!

i will not give anymore comment about all these!
but i want to see more comment from all the Erick's supporter in Socal! NOW we have the truth! he bought them way less then $150! are u guys still supporting him?
anyways, if this is going to be another "friends" supporting comment, you guys can keep them to urself!

NSXprime(Lud) - if you have any problem with any of my post, u can just delete them, all the post i made to this matter its becasue i am angry about the NSX parts market!

Well, from what has come out so far, I personally feel that the only issue here is between Mode4 and NRG. I don't know what happened precisely, but if NRG did violate an oral contract with Mode4, then Mode4 should take the appropriate legal actions if they are seeking some sort of legal recourse. Only NRG and Mode4 know the original details of the deal. NRG (via Synergy [1st post here]) says that there was no upfront cost to Mode4 for the mold/production of the pieces and that Mode4 only bought the pieces after they were made. Mode4 says that they financed the molding/production. Who is telling the truth here? Also, the first post here says the 6 months of exclusivity has expired, but Mode4 insists that they still have exclusive rights. Again, none of us but the two parties know the real deal.

I don't think people should be criticizing Mode4 for their profit margins. What they charge is totally their prerogative, and what people choose to buy at what price is their own prerogative. I don't complain to Coca Cola for charging me $1.00 for 8 fl oz. of what is essentially sugar-water and costs them $0.01 to make per 8 fl oz. Coca Cola can charge whatever the hell they want. It is up to me as a consumer to choose if I want to buy at what price they charge. The only thing with high profit margins is that you leave a lot of room for competition, and that is exactly what happened here: Synergy came and offered the product at a lower profit margin. That is legitimate competition if you ask me...

Long story short:

Dispute is between Mode4 and NRG
Synergy hasn't done anything illegal or unscrupulous
Mode4 hasn't done anything wrong in regards to pricing, but I also don't feel they should have come after Synergy and made inaccurate statements regarding their business. From the first post it almost sounded like Mode4 was accusing Synergy of stealing molds or re-labeling their product. The only thing wrong with that would be the stealing of the mold. If they copied the mold on their own, it would be totally fair game as I don't believe Mode4 has any rights over the design of what is essentially a COPY of an OEM Honda part. The only entity that has rights to the design is Honda.

But I don't have the precise story as I wasn't involved. I'd just like to see more peace on earth and I'd like it to start here on NSXPRIME.

I'm sure if you go on an archaeological dig at the border of what is now Israel and Palestine, you will fine a relic of a carbon fiber diffuser buried in the dirt...

Last edited:
$175 knock-off cfrp part, which was being sold at $700-$900 (including the special clear coat)........ now $430 to "help business run a little smoother".

Mind you, essentially, a flat piece of fiberglass with a few fins on it and a layer of carbon.

Shit. If that's what the NSX community considers a friendly "favor" I'm going to have to start handing out favors all the time too.

Anyone need a favor? I got your back... :wink: :biggrin:

FYI..

Received a call from NRG today and remind us that we paid $175 for each. not $150.

The rest of them we are getting for $162, and for those of you thinking we can sell them cheaper because we are getting them cheaper, your wrong, we are paying more for them than the first buyer did.

Mind you, essentially, a flat piece of fiberglass with a few fins on it and a layer of carbon.

It's only cf coated? I guess that explains the $175 cost. I think they look nice and are probably functional but I was always under the impression (maybe because of price?) that they were all cf.

BTW, John I think you're view on this situation is pretty accurate. You may be a little... how shall I say it?... blunt? but accurate none the less.

It's only cf coated?

I think many things "carbon fiber" are only really carbon fiber reinforced plastic/fiberglass meaning the carbon fiber wraps around or is integrated into another filler material. Some cheaper products are just wrapped for aesthetics, while others actually uphold the structural integrity.

Last edited:
Its a tough business world out there, believe me...I know. :rolleyes:

Someone should have gotten everything on paper with no ambiguities. There's no room for hugs in a contract. Handshakes and verbal agreements are only good in movies and bar stories.

Move on, nothing to see here...

He isnt adding fuel to fire just by stating facts.
Fact- THEY ARE NO ROBIN HOODS IN PRIME JUST PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE SOME $..
You finding a need to kiss arse every chance you get to make and keep few friends is pretty disgusting. Even after you see the price difference you think this guy doesn't have a right to complain/vent/throw in his 2 cents?
Did YOU even buy this product?
So you are one of those people YOU were talking about that throw thier 2 cents in when they are not even planing on buying anything in the first place.:rolleyes:

$175 knock-off cfrp part, which was being sold at $700-$900 (including the special clear coat)........ now $430 to "help business run a little smoother".

Shit. If that's what the NSX community considers a friendly "favor" I'm going to have to start handing out favors all the time too.

Anyone need a favor? I got your back... :wink: :biggrin:

I ll take a favor.... as long as you take 2 favors from me...:tongue:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ROFL...to funny. "Develop a quality product " u mean copy..

Back