• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tall Owners

I am 6'4 and fit in the NSX just fine. I have even been to the track although my helment is on the roof. Just curious how many other tall owners are out there.

6'-3" and NP with helmet if Dali pad is used.

I'm only 5'10" and I have to scooch down and recline my seat just to fit a helmet in. The driving position sucks for me during autocrosses. Should give me incentive to go T-top.

6'2" but I have to remove the seat cushion in order to drive at the track due to my long legs.

attachment.php

6'4" - No room for helmet unless I take out seat pad or convert over to some different seats and seat rails.

Im 6'3 and I fit fine, I could stand a little more more but I can deal. I have heard people talk about the Dali seat cushion that gives you about 2 more inches of height by dropping the amount of cushion that is in the bottom of the seat.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=447

And if that doesnt help, try Sears. Craftsman Ball Pean Hammer or framing hammer if you have to can make the modification of the roof for you. Be the first one to own a NSX with custom roof panel. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm 6' but a little on the heavy side. If I find the sweet-spot in the seat adjustment and settle myself into the seat, I can get about 1/4 inch headroom. If I loose some tonnage, I should be able to pick up another 1/2 inch in headroom. :D Besides wanting to be more presentable to the ladies, the NSX is just another incentive for me to continue with my rigorous exercise program that I'm starting tomorrow... :smile:

1TITENSX said:
ICBW, but I think he might be the tallest NSX owner.
Various NBA players have owned an NSX at one time or another. I used to see B. J. Armstrong's car at my local dealership pretty often...

I'm 6'4", got about an inch over my bald head. I drive with "small" size 13 shoes as wearing sneakers or larger shoes makes my legs crowded
dave

dkny-nsx said:
I'm 6'4", got about an inch over my bald head. I drive with "small" size 13 shoes as wearing sneakers or larger shoes makes my legs crowded
I wear 13's also. LOL, there is no such thing as small 13's! j/k, I know exactly what you're talking about. :wink: I picked up some Piloti's at the track today, just for that reason. I can wear them anytime I'm in the car without trying to look like joe racer, yet be able to manage the pedals.

nsxtasy said:
Various NBA players have owned an NSX at one time or another.
Sean Elliot, 6'-7". What was he thinking? :eek: I'm 6-3 and have no room to spare. Dali pad allows a helmet, but the seat needs to be in more of a reclined position than what would be ideal for a track situation.

I am 6'7", and I "make" myself fit. Sure I could use some more room, but to have an NSX, I will make it work. I just move the seat forward, and recline the back a little bit more.

schuey1010 said:
I am 6'7", and I "make" myself fit. Sure I could use some more room, but to have an NSX, I will make it work. I just move the seat forward, and recline the back a little bit more.

I know exactly what you mean when you say "and I "make" myself fit". :D

However, the thought has crossed my mind that there's a safety issue concerning the way my head doesn't meet up with the headrest when putting it all the way back. Instead it hits the roof which causes my chin to tuck into my chest. In an accident, this could result in a broken neck. Anyone have any other thoughts concerning this?

I got a question for you tall guys...

I'm only 5'7" and when pumping gas into the car, I have to slightly bend over in an awkward pose. I would imagine it's a lot worse if you're 5'10" or more. Is there something you do so you don't look so silly pumping gas into the car?

I'm 6'1 and my NSX fits me perfect. Although I haven't used a helmet in her yet.

zff said:
I got a question for you tall guys...

I'm only 5'7" and when pumping gas into the car, I have to slightly bend over in an awkward pose. I would imagine it's a lot worse if you're 5'10" or more. Is there something you do so you don't look so silly pumping gas into the car?

Bend your knees. :wink:

5'6" ... You tall guys have real problems, must be tough. If the ball peen hammer doesn't work try a 10-20lb sledge on the roof, or have a way to remove the headliner for race.

Back