• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa weatherstripping replacement

Hello Prime. I wanted to know if anyone has changed out the targa seals on their car. These being the seals on the car not the top. I picked up a nice used rear and wanted to install, but didn't know if it is a lot more involved than what it looks to be. I see 2 screws in the rear bulkhead and some plastic tab inserts down low. Simple as unscrew and pull off, or bodywork removal? My car is a 98. The tuck under, across the top is my main concern. Thanks for any help fellas, I appreciate it.

Hello Prime. I wanted to know if anyone has changed out the targa seals on their car. These being the seals on the car not the top. I picked up a nice used rear and wanted to install, but didn't know if it is a lot more involved than what it looks to be. I see 2 screws in the rear bulkhead and some plastic tab inserts down low. Simple as unscrew and pull off, or bodywork removal? My car is a 98. The tuck under, across the top is my main concern. Thanks for any help fellas, I appreciate it.

The NSX manual , which can be downloaded from prime, gives pretty good instructions. I have a set of brand new seals that I've stashed away but never installed though I did look into how to install and it looked pretty doable. Theres some special double sided adhesive tape and some glue specified that you'll have to source or provide a alternative. You'll also need to purchase the plugs and tabs called out in the manual as the removal will likely break some and the old ones often don't bite anymore.

yeah,the price is kind of nuts,i went ahead and did it last year while they were still available,but it hurt. this just seemed like a part that could easily get discontinued,i imagine there must be low demand for them.a mechanic did the work for me,but he told me these were difficult to install.

Last edited:
Back