• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tcs light problem

Hey guys, today while on my way to the shop, I was taking an on ramp around 40 mph and my tcs light started blinking, and my throttle became jerky. I slowed down to around 20 mph, and tried to accelerate and the tcs light alone began blinking again, and the car was jerking. I then turned the tcs off, and the car ran fine. I drove around 15 miles, and turned the tcs back on, and the car drove another 30 miles, no issues. I have been doing some searching, and found some dead ends. Is this is intermittent age gremlin that gets worse with time? Or just a random one and done? Thanks

P.s. running oem fat fives and tires

Hey guys, today while on my way to the shop, I was taking an on ramp around 40 mph and my tcs light started blinking, and my throttle became jerky. I slowed down to around 20 mph, and tried to accelerate and the tcs light alone began blinking again, and the car was jerking. I then turned the tcs off, and the car ran fine. I drove around 15 miles, and turned the tcs back on, and the car drove another 30 miles, no issues. I have been doing some searching, and found some dead ends. Is this is intermittent age gremlin that gets worse with time? Or just a random one and done? Thanks

P.s. running oem fat fives and tires

Hey man, hope your doing well.

Did you check the code for it? Could be one of the wheel speed sensors starting to go bad, if so then ABS light probably isn't far behind. If the computer is calculating a wheel spin, it is probably fluctuating the throttle to correct it which could be your jerking.

Mike

Hey Mike, I have been well. Might not be going across the pond like I thought, which is always nice! Yea, that would make sense. I know when I purchased the vehicle they had replaced one at acura a few years back, so that would make sense. But no, I was dropping the car off at Track One so Dan can work some magic on the A/C, so no chance to check the code.

Adrian

Hey Mike, I have been well. Might not be going across the pond like I thought, which is always nice! Yea, that would make sense. I know when I purchased the vehicle they had replaced one at acura a few years back, so that would make sense. But no, I was dropping the car off at Track One so Dan can work some magic on the A/C, so no chance to check the code.

Adrian

Hey that's awesome, hope you don't have to go :smile:. I got no response about the dragon in the tenn meet thread.

Just fyi in case you didn't know. The TCS shows codes by flashing just like the CEL and the same way (service connector short). They are memorized so as long as the TCS light comes on with the ignition, it can still be checked. Have Dan see if he can pull the code for you. For reference section 19 page 82 (1991 service manual).

Mike

Back