• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Temped by a 512TR today

BD

Legendary Member
On the way to my store this afternoon, south bound on Beach Blvd California towards Pacific Coast HWY... a Yellow 512 TR tailed me for a little bit. I look back and it was an older guy, probalby in his late 40's or up, not so much challenging me, but rather teasing me. The traffic wasn't bad, and the speed limit is 50... So I commited a previously condamed crime, I raced him... Not that we flew down Beach Blvd going over 100 mph, but we consulted at the stop light... the first two gears. It was close, he pulled away a little quicker on the early part of the first, and I caught up by the end of the first gear, and by the end of second, we were on par. We both had a grim on our face and I made a right turn to leave the crime scene. It was fun, we probalby reached 75 to 89 mph. Well, so much for a 415 hp Ferrari... 512 TR was my dream car from that side of the world too... Not bad.

Vance

Vancehu said:
On the way to my store this afternoon, south bound on Beach Blvd California towards Pacific Coast HWY... a Yellow 512 TR tailed me for a little bit. I look back and it was an older guy, probalby in his late 40's or up, not so much challenging me, but rather teasing me. The traffic wasn't bad, and the speed limit is 50... So I commited a previously condamed crime, I raced him... Not that we flew down Beach Blvd going over 100 mph, but we consulted at the stop light... the first two gears. It was close, he pulled away a little quicker on the early part of the first, and I caught up by the end of the first gear, and by the end of second, we were on par. We both had a grim on our face and I made a right turn to leave the crime scene. It was fun, we probalby reached 75 to 89 mph. Well, so much for a 415 hp Ferrari... 512 TR was my dream car from that side of the world too... Not bad.

Vance

I always see him around huntington beach too.

a 400 hp V12 ferrari can't pull away from a 290hp NSX. Talk about David vs. Goliath. He's probably at home looking for an NSX to buy and a 512 TR to sell. None the less, the 512TR is a stunning car, just shows how greatly engineered our cars are

WealthBuildR said:
a 400 hp V12 ferrari can't pull away from a 290hp NSX. Talk about David vs. Goliath. He's probably at home looking for an NSX to buy and a 512 TR to sell. None the less, the 512TR is a stunning car, just shows how greatly engineered our cars are

I would have smoked him! :tongue:

Lol. Well the disappointing thing about Prime is that there is a general obsession with straightline speed. When it comes to track and racing there is precious little. I appreciate in the US your roads are mostly straight but 1/4 mile times seem be the focus all the time. How much BHP will a so-and-so Supercharger give me? Will this mega Turbo give me 12245234bhp? I bet Senna rolls in his grave sometimes!

Going back on topic, Ferrari are well know for being optimistic about their power outputs but it is hard to believe he was truly trying with 428bhp and 360 lbs/ft.

-Rob

-Rob

the 512tr is the most beautiful ferrari ever, too bad they have so many problems :(
Lucky you for not racing over 100 mph, he would have KILLED YOU, they're even faster then the 360 at 0-150, over 100 is where they shine!!!

I love the 512TR. I would love to own one someday. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. The interior is pretty basic, but still gorgeous.

That being said, I got a ride around the track in one and I was dissapointed. It did not have the power I thought it would have and didn't seem to corner as well as the NSX. With the helmet on, I couldn't hear the incredible engine note, so that was also dissapointing.

Still, I would like to own one someday.

You can beat this Enzo...

Be careful out there!

Attachments

• 2005112191613_sidoli%204.jpg
    2005112191613_sidoli%204.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 679
  • 2005112191715_sidoli%202.jpg
    2005112191715_sidoli%202.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 675
robfenn said:
Lol. Well the disappointing thing about Prime is that there is a general obsession with straightline speed.

Agreed. Drag racing is for fags. Why else would it be called "drag" racing? It's about as exciting to watch as grass grow and requires less driving skills than a riding mower. Real drivers road race. Lateral Gs baby!

Hugh said:
Agreed. Drag racing is for fags. Why else would it be called "drag" racing? It's about as exciting to watch as grass grow and requires less driving skills than a riding mower. Real drivers road race. Lateral Gs baby!

LMAO !! :biggrin:

robfenn said:
Lol. Well the disappointing thing about Prime is that there is a general obsession with straightline speed. When it comes to track and racing there is precious little. I appreciate in the US your roads are mostly straight but 1/4 mile times seem be the focus all the time. How much BHP will a so-and-so Supercharger give me? Will this mega Turbo give me 12245234bhp? I bet Senna rolls in his grave sometimes!

Going back on topic, Ferrari are well know for being optimistic about their power outputs but it is hard to believe he was truly trying with 428bhp and 360 lbs/ft.

-Rob

-Rob

I would have no problem showing him the NSX tail @ Road America!

Also as far as street racing goes, I ALWAYS win, because I never race anyone else but the clock. (how fast can I get home from work today? Can I break the 40 min barrier to the track from my house this morning?)

I drive slow on the expressways, and downtown streets, but I am a mad man in the country back roads! :biggrin:

We have a yellow TR by us, and it still looks pretty mean coming down the road. I want a 348 coupe black/black please.

No, I know they are a PITA as far as reliability, but I have some real memories of that car from my first long distance solo drive when I was just out of HS, and I drove my 85 Civic S hatch from WI to West Palm Beach FL to visit my uncle, and I had a black/black 348 pull up next to me at a light. I heard it take off, and I was hooked on the Ferrari exhaust note for life. I can't afford a TR, F355 or above, so the 348 is just a car that I can dream about. I actually want a second NSX (02 blue) first.

These pics give me a boner.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532854&postcount=1

zahntech said:
the "old guy" :rolleyes: in his 40s was not trying if he didnt pull on you better than you discribe...

Well, I'm not that young either; however, I do suspect this guy intended to save his clutch... By the way, why so much animocity? Calling people fags, don't lie to the world, I bet you have drag raced people before on the street, am I correct?

Vancehu said:
Well, I'm not that young either; however, I do suspect this guy intended to save his clutch... By the way, why so much animocity? Calling people fags, don't lie to the world, I bet you have drag raced people before on the street, am I correct?

While I don't agree with the name calling part in this thread, I do agree with the other points.
There are many logical reasons why people have ill feelings towards street racing and I'm sure you know what they are. Kinda makes you sound immature to. Like you were so excited that you got to race that you had to come on here and brag about it. I would like to think this board is (was) made up of people that have more common sense and value thier lives, cars, family, and lives of innocent people around them more than street racing on a road with traffic and admittingly double the speed limit. How stupid is that???? Eventually you will grow up and realize how dumb it really is to do that. I'm not talking necessarily about age wise either.
If you want to prove yourself, or your cars ability, then take it to a track. You will gain a new perspective on it, if you haven't already. Then again, if you have already, you know that racing on street is not wise.

Zuerst said:
Nah... I bet a little piece of that Enzo accelerated to 999999999mph in less than a sec. :biggrin:
But a lot more pieces of the Enzo accelerated from really fast to zero in less than a sec. That's the part that hurts.

Hugh said:

It's not often that I quote myself but in this case I couldn't resist. :)

01+SP+Drag+Racing+Champ.jpg

I would not call my self a street racer at all. I would also be the first one to say to take the NSX to a road cource. In fact I used to race road bikes for a living about a year ago and know that there is no comparison to being on the track, but yes I have launched when the light goes green and there is a Corvette next to me.

Does that make me a fag? No. Do I speed all over town? No. Do I do it regularly? No, But if there is open clear road and a Ferrari is revving his engine next to me I would think I'm a fag for just sitting there.

There is know reason to call some one a fag.

Also people say its not safe. They are right, but driving around in a NSX with all of the giant SUV's around is not really that safe either.

I'm not saying that its right or wrong but for god sakes that guy did not kill anyone or crash and is most likely a responsible person. Hell he owns a NSX that should say somthing about him right there.

Going over 65 is also illegal and dangerous so I guess all us NSX owners better go exactly the speed limit or we will be called fags for doing 70.

Last edited:
garthed said:
Does that make me a fag? No. Do I speed all over town? No. Do I do it regularly? No, But if there is open clear road and a Ferrari is revving his engine next to me I would think I'm a fag for just sitting there.
I would call that immature and giving into temptation.

garthed said:
There is know reason to call some one a fag.
I totally agree.

garthed said:
Also people say its not safe. They are right, but driving around in a NSX with all of the giant SUV's around is not really that safe either.
that is really going out on a limb there. just about all cars are smaller than an SUV.

garthed said:
Hell he owns a NSX that should say somthing about him right there.
How so? Just because he does, he should be allowed to do such foolish and dangerous behavior?

garthed said:
Going over 65 is also illegal
In a school zone it is.
garthed said:
I guess all us NSX owners better go exactly the speed limit or we will be call fags for doing 70.
You do realize he said that the speed limit was 50mph and he was doubling that. And there was other traffic around, not exactly a deserted road.

Back