• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tesla Roadster

electrifying...

NetViper said:

I like it alot. Very Elise-Exige'esque... but w/ more brawn, less cuteness!

teslaroadv2ki1.jpg
tesla34rearhh7.jpg

teslaprofilezu8.jpg

Kinda neat about the timing, w/ Nikola Tesla's 150th birfday anniversary being celebrated w/ much fanfare & pagaentry in his place of birthCroata, as well as native homeland of Serbia.

Re: electrifying...

Osiris_x11 said:
I like it alot. Very Elise-Exige'esque... but w/ more brawn, less cuteness!

The Lotus resemblance doesn't end there. Lotus is building the cars. Which essentially means they will self-disassemble over the course of their very short lives. :)

Here's another link (not sure what the cheap shot at Michael Eisner was all about :D):

<a href="http://news.com.com/Electric+sports+car+packs+a+punch%2C+but+will+it+sell/2100-11389_3-6096377.html?tag=nefd.pop">CNET Article</a>

And a few more photos...

720Tesla-008_550x367.jpg

720Tesla-012_550x450.jpg

720Tesla-027_550x367.jpg

Jonathan said:
Here's another link (not sure what the cheap shot at Michael Eisner was all about :D):

"Former Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner, who sort of looks like Andre the Giant in a pullover sweater, showed up later."

That is kinda funny.

At what price? Their website says price is yet to be determined.

When I first read about this last week on Cnet (not that they are a better source of info) they said $90K. I know 10K might not be a deal breaker, but it's a sub $100K price so it is a big sum in those terms.

hmmm....i wonder what it sounds like when its revving :cool:
i think maybe like vacumm cleaner sound lol

maybe when this thing hits us on a global scale, they will hopefully install a sample loop of a cylinder engine...nostalgia

I like it....my favorite of the Silicon Valley efforts thus far. This one is a bit more practical than the Ariel Atom based Wrightspeed X1....and I like the idea about turning it into a net producer of electricity via an optional photovoltaic panel.

I read that it is going to be priced between $80K and $120K. A bit steep.

And it is silent...which HAS to be weird.

Lotus bad...?

Hugh,

I was just wondering, I HAVE NO IDEA, but have recently been looking at Lotus'. Are they horrible as far as longevity and maintenance or something?

Brandon

Hugh said:
The Lotus resemblance doesn't end there. Lotus is building the cars. Which essentially means they will self-disassemble over the course of their very short lives. :)

akira3d said:
I like it....my favorite of the Silicon Valley efforts thus far. This one is a bit more practical than the Ariel Atom based Wrightspeed X1....and I like the idea about turning it into a net producer of electricity via an optional photovoltaic panel.

I read that it is going to be priced between $80K and $120K. A bit steep.

And it is silent...which HAS to be weird.

silent....that sucks....they should put recordings of VTEC in it. lol

if it was 80-110k, performed as advertised and was silent (or minimal motor noises), i'd take one in a heartbeat... what fun!

i can only hope honda takes a similar (or hybrid) approach with their next-gen sports car...

Back