• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test drives for everyone!

Acura is subsidizing the program, so stores will receive money from acura. Less concern for putting miles on 1 unit.

Average production is 130 cars/month. No growing numbers on cars.com! Where are all the cars?
37 cars sold in March!

Last edited:
Interesting....if acura is willing to pay rent so to speak for dealers to keep their highly speced cars they thought they could turn a quick profit on then the number of dealer FS listings may start to dwindle....with this kinda low production car any form of financial engineering may have big apparent effects.

basically it assigns 1 nsx to "loaner" service, but its not a true loaner. it piggybacks on that program. bring in your 2005 MDX and get an NSX loaner. w00t! j/k.

if a store sells that particular unit, they cannot assign another nsx to the program.

Definitely allowing dealers to again pursue MSRP. Here is a car from McGrath Acura in Chicago, had been listed at $189 K and now back up to 205K. Will be interesting if they truly allow demo drives or this just allows the dealerships to keep the vehicle.

Test drives at speed limit will not help sell this car. It needs to be exploited, full throttle! I really wish Acura went a different direction with the new car. But then again, I would probably be selling my 91 to a teenager right now to buy the new one. No thanks.:biggrin: But if it helps sales, so be it. I'm not the guy to bring down people or companies, but I wished for something other than the final product like most. The original is just so hard to beat and it barely even has to try...

Test drives at speed limit will not help sell this car. It needs to be exploited, full throttle! I really wish Acura went a different direction with the new car. But then again, I would probably be selling my 91 to a teenager right now to buy the new one. No thanks.:biggrin: But if it helps sales, so be it. I'm not the guy to bring down people or companies, but I wished for something other than the final product like most. The original is just so hard to beat and it barely even has to try...

I hear Ya Jinks.
NSXPO hot laps sold me! Haven't driven my 05 since the new one came in. Perhaps it's just the honeymoon stage.

spoke directly to the owner of the local acura here. he said he would not be having a demo NSX and was on his high horse that there are none available ... not sure what to say to him

From our national sales meeting on Thursday:

Acura will be hosting 8 NSX ride and drive events across the US.

they flipped through the slides really quickly, so i wasn't able to note all of the locations except for Norcal and Socal.

dates TBD.

in other news, certain trims of 2018 TLX will have wireless charging for cell phones in the cubby in front of the shifter. Alcantara inserts will be a part of the A-spec package as well. sadly didn't get to see one.

Slightly off topic (but related to Acura and test drives), but any word on when the Hybrid MDX's will arrive? I'd like to test drive one and might pick one up if the overall "refresh" is significant (we have a 2014, so smart thing would be to wait for the "All New," but the Hybrid drivetrain looks interesting).

From our national sales meeting on Thursday:

Acura will be hosting 8 NSX ride and drive events across the US.

they flipped through the slides really quickly, so i wasn't able to note all of the locations except for Norcal and Socal.

dates TBD.

in other news, certain trims of 2018 TLX will have wireless charging for cell phones in the cubby in front of the shifter. Alcantara inserts will be a part of the A-spec package as well. sadly didn't get to see one.

they keep saying at the end of this month, but for the West coast, May is a better bet.

7spd DCT alone is worth the upgrade.
Active dampers and 4 different driving modes round out the key upgrades.

Its not recommended for towing though.

Traded my Wife's '15 MDX SH-AWD Tech for a '17 SH-AWD Tech in Feb. Best value in it's class &
like the updated looks + always decent resale.

Bonus - No "stop/start" function in the Tech...only the Advance models. 9 speed transmission
does a lot of hunting.

No incentive for me w/ gas savings or power increase in a hybrid.

P1030306_zpsbbfvmrxj.jpg~original

Last edited:
[MENTION=32457]chrisn[/MENTION] The Hybrid drivetrain, as impelemented in my RLX, is pretty awesome. That car is a genuine sleeper. The e-motors should give the MDX a little more pep and far better city fuel economy. It's too bad towing is not recommended, though.

Good news on the NSX test drive front. I'm not ready to buy a NSX 2.0 yet, but it'll help when the time for said decision comes.

How do exotics like the new NSX that have less than 50 miles on them get listed as used? They get titled by the dealership? Then there is no more gas guzzler tax?

Back