• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thank You To Jon Martin At Power Honda

As some of you may know Jon Martin was out of commission for a while. He is now the Service Manager at Power Honda in Costa Mesa and has been for almost a year now. I highly recommend him for all your Honda and Acura service needs. He has always took care of me and my cars. Jon has extensive knowledge of the NSX and is the designer of the 3.8L stroker motor along with the help of AEM. He has built Turbo NSX's, numerous Supercharged and stroked out ones such as his own NSX.

Now you guys can look for Jon again at Power Honda and for you new guys/gals he is a great asset to the NSX community.

Just had to give my boy a shout out on Prime again now that the service side is up to his standards, he's back so go give him buzz.

Jon Martin Service Manager
Power Honda
2888 Harbor Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 436-5050

Regards,

E

Last edited:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

What's up Scott :biggrin:

so you get your Acura serviced/ modded at a Honda dealership? did not know that was allowed...

so you get your Acura serviced/ modded at a Honda dealership? did not know that was allowed...

HBUI39-Theres been a few dealerships that have done this for years ago (Scott Robinson Honda In Torrance is one example when Darin was working there)

Yes Jon basically will supervise all the work....doing work such as install coilovers, headers, BBK, SC, etc anything aftermarket. However he guarantee's the work on the car, not the parts that YOU bring in to him. If you bring a part to him and it breaks then that's on you. There's never usually any warranty's on race/aftermarket parts and people should know that.

If you mod a new car you lose your warranty simple as that. He will do installs and mods, but there's no warranty on the parts unless stated from the manufacturer of the part and you deal with them. I don't feel like I really need to be explaining this since most people should know.

All of my installs and mods have been done by Jon for the last 6 years period.

Jon is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the NSX and a lot of the independent shops out there that asked for his help never gave him the props that he deserved.

SS_MD- Yeah I have only been able to go to like two in the last year myself. I will probably make it to next month's meet before I go MIA again.

Last edited:
thats cool, just news to me since that isn't really allowed at most places, ie. Toyota/ Lexus.

You are correct most dealerships will not do things like that since a lot of the guys don't have experience in the aftermarket/tuning side....plus it can be a big headache when some owner blows up his car and wants to blame you/the dealership for it.

My car is there right now getting my fuel pump replaced for preventative maintenance and a part on my fuel tank that had to be replaced since I was not passing emissions.

Ediddy

Thanks for the post, I have peace of mind now. Jon is awesome. Send my regard to him.

Danny

Jon is a outstanding member of the NSX community and we are lucky to have someone like him. We are lucky that we have many options to go to for preference and he is one of them.

I am not trying to steer anyone away that is using other shops...all I am saying that he is another great option to go to.

Thanks for the heads up...Welcome back Jon!!

I've never met the guy but I can't thank him enough for starting the stroker development. And I know you guys out west swear by him.

So, thanks Jon!

+1 yea Jon is a great guy and always very helpful!

I was going to take my car to him to get my brakes put on but I needed a loaner car so he referred me to South Bay Acura (Power Acura) in Torrance. Cesar there is the service director and is extremely friendly and helpful.

Jon, Cesar, & Jeff (the NSX tech) all came from Cerritos acura. I'd gladly go to them for all my service needs.

Btw how u been Eddy?

Been good man thanks....just waiting to pass smog for my car since i put on a new fuel pump, fuel filter, etc. Have to get to ecu to get use to the fuel pressure since its pumping more gas now. Then back to the smog shop to pass hopefully and finally.

Good to see you on Anil and hope all is well with you. Give Jon a call sometime.

Bump from the dead... is he still down there building 3.8L NSX motors?

If Jon Martin is talking on a cell phone to a guy... who is looking at a guy... that's talking to a guy who knows a guy... who knew the brother of the guy.... who is working on your NSX = you win

anything better than the above statement is just gravy

Bngl3rt- no he's not interested anymore.....too time consuming.

He's moving closer to LA now and will be at Diamond Honda off Azusa exit off the 60 freeway....17525 E Gale Ave, City of Industry ....
Anyone local there will have another good resource for their NSX and Hondas.

Crawls back to cave.....

Back