• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

It just seems that a 3 time world champion, who out drives his teammate regularly on a straight fight has more than his share of problems beyond his control. I don't care for either driver, but it seems Hamilton gets the short end of the Mercedes stick.

It just seems that a 3 time world champion, who out drives his teammate regularly on a straight fight has more than his share of problems beyond his control. I don't care for either driver, but it seems Hamilton gets the short end of the Mercedes stick.

Meh, Rosberg was getting the short end of the stick the last two years.

you've got a German driver in a German car run by a German team. you know the way they want it to go, just ask Trump...

you've got a German driver in a German car run by a German team. you know the way they want it to go, just ask Trump...

also aided & abetted by one Niki Lauder, who, whilst not German, certainly prefers German racing drivers to British ones, especially if that driver is a former McLaren world champion (from any decade).....

Not sure if y'all are serious or it's all tongue in cheek, but if you're really suggesting a German team is giving their German driver preferential treatment, where was that treatment the previous 2 seasons??

As for the WDC, all Nico has to do is come in 2nd the rest of the season and the championship is still his. He can even afford a 3rd place finish. I don't doubt he'll win at least 1 more race. Just gotta keep his nose clean to secure the championship.

Alonso did great, and Button with the double points finish. Now if the car only had that extra hp/speed so they could put it on the podium.

i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but last year Hamilton has some very curious problems and non finishes also if you recall. Nico's car seemed to always be running tip top...

As has been said about Honda during it's glory days with McLaren, Senna was not just a regular driver, and human nature being what it is, his guys worked harder, even if just a bit more than for whomever was driving the other car, including Alain Prost.

Kinda like when Vettel and Webber were at Red Bull. Webber (almost) always got the short end of the stick.

As has been said about Honda during it's glory days with McLaren, Senna was not just a regular driver, and human nature being what it is, his guys worked harder, even if just a bit more than for whomever was driving the other car, including Alain Prost.

Kinda like when Vettel and Webber were at Red Bull. Webber (almost) always got the short end of the stick.

To me, it was real obvious Webber got the short end of the stick. At Mercedes, I don't see it.

some good battles behind the mercs....

I was disappointed to see Vettel penalized for his "dangerous move." I'm surprised he wasn't fined for his comments (bleeped out on NBC, but the gist was communicated) about Max and Charlie Whiting.

I am not sure why the F1 media is so upset with Vettel's (sometimes) colorful language. He has made some dumb moves, mostly due to his car being a turd and trying too hard. I am somewhat amused by how he is so easily colorful when he gets stuck behind Max and others, but had always been so cool and collected during his more successful years. Perhaps driving with Kimi, who like the honey badger doesn't give a darn if someone doesn't care for him, has broadened his personality. Or maybe just a lot of frustration coming out.

Only 2 more races with the Mercedes Hybrid power unit! Let's hope next year's formula will be more even.

I was disappointed to see Vettel penalized for his "dangerous move." I'm surprised he wasn't fined for his comments (bleeped out on NBC, but the gist was communicated) about Max and Charlie Whiting.

I am not sure why the F1 media is so upset with Vettel's (sometimes) colorful language. He has made some dumb moves, mostly due to his car being a turd and trying too hard. I am somewhat amused by how he is so easily colorful when he gets stuck behind Max and others, but had always been so cool and collected during his more successful years. Perhaps driving with Kimi, who like the honey badger doesn't give a darn if someone doesn't care for him, has broadened his personality. Or maybe just a lot of frustration coming out.

Only 2 more races with the Mercedes Hybrid power unit! Let's hope next year's formula will be more even.

That entire Max/Vettel incident was a total mess.

Max cutting the chicane and then boxing in Vettel is what caused the Vettel/Ricciardo "dangerous move" in the first place.

It would have been a lot more interesting race if Max had been penalized right away and then having Ricciardo race Vettel on a clean track without a moving chicane been in the way instead of having everything been decided after the fact.

The stewards have been a complete joke this season, very inconsistent, going all the way back to the Monaco race where Hamilton decided to cut the chicane to keep Ricciardo behind at Monaco.

If they could set up proximity loops around every corner of every track, and penalize the driver if all 4 wheels cross the loop - discount the lap in qualifying and a 5 second time penalty EVERY time a car transgresses, I reckon it would solve the problem in a couple of race meetings. :)

Back