• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Long Ride North photography

Where did you cross into BC from Alberta? Near Banff/Jasper or did you go up further around the Grand Prairie area?

Up directly into Calgary and then through Jasper. Jasper was very impressive and not too crowded.

Re: Beauty has it price......

but worth it most of the time, eh? Reminds me of the summer we spent in British Columbia and western Alberta on a BMW 750 with a sidecar. We put the rain gear on almost every morning no matter what the weather looked like. Can't imagine doing that distance on a Ninja. I was that young once, but never that tough. :eek: Good on ya. :smile:

Why is there a stop sign there?
Because traffic engineers know there are 2 things in the world ready to bite them: slow thinking drivers and fast thinking lawyers.

I left on basically brand new Road Attacks. Lasted the entire trip. I figured with 200hp the rear would probably need replacing in anchorage and had already set that up but it turned out the tire was still good. It's dual compound and the rear is pretty wore out after the last 1500+ miles plus of flat interstate.

The green bike is a ninja 500r.
Man oh man. That is some ride on a 500.:eek:

Nice.. very good photo journalism…..

Reminds me of your own mini The Long Way Around

http://www.longwayround.com/lwr.htm

Not too mini, we did 55% of the miles they did in 29% of the time with probably 5-10% of the funds and our support crew consisted of a few wrenches. That being said, they went through some excruciatingly difficult terrain where one good day was only 100 miles or so.

Well said...
In all the years that I've been on two wheels.. I've nevered ventured out on a long trip or journey... Now that I'm getting to be an "old fart"... I just need to do it. A friend of mine uses his Venture Royal for multiple trips each year.. rain, shine, snow etc... he probably has 100k miles on it now.. and gives me greif for not riding more. I'm starting to feel like a real "light weight"... plus I'd have to sell the Harley and go back to something a little more trip friendly...

good job.. and again GREAT pictures..

Well said...
In all the years that I've been on two wheels.. I've nevered ventured out on a long trip or journey... Now that I'm getting to be an "old fart"... I just need to do it. A friend of mine uses his Venture Royal for multiple trips each year.. rain, shine, snow etc... he probably has 100k miles on it now.. and gives me greif for not riding more. I'm starting to feel like a real "light weight"... plus I'd have to sell the Harley and go back to something a little more trip friendly...

good job.. and again GREAT pictures..

ACCD thanks for the kind words. I'd say the average age of "adventurer" we saw was about 45. I met a few guys from Europe in their late 50's that didn't start really "riding" until they had the funding/free time in their mid 40's. I met a native american who had open heart surgery about 5 weeks prior. He was on his way from OK and was going north from CA. He had a saddle bag full of pills but he had a smile on his face.

Keep enjoying life to the fullest.. I need to take a lesson from u and those others you met.

Back