• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the making of Tony Stark's NSX... (in pictures)

Hopefully not a repost. Enjoy!

gq9ma.jpg

I won't lie those 1st couple of pictures brought tears in my eyes.

I had read that they purposely chose a high mileage car.

those side skirts should be on the new NSX.

But an incredible expense for a car that gets less than 5 seconds of screen time at the end of the movie. However, they have gotten a lot of mileage out of something that is amazingly inconsequential in the movie.

I'm sure they didn't put it back to OEM, so I wonder what they did with the car after the movie? You couldn't drive it on the street, so maybe it's collecting dust in a Hollywood warehouse. Another one bites the dust.

I'm sure they didn't put it back to OEM, so I wonder what they did with the car after the movie? You couldn't drive it on the street, so maybe it's collecting dust in a Hollywood warehouse. Another one bites the dust.

It's making the rounds of dealer meetings.

so is the body foam? Maybe the mold was foam and then they made a FRP version of it? I'd drive it!!!

It would have so much frame flex it would not be safe, or fun, to drive. If it started out as a targa, or if they stiffened the chassis somehow (probably didn't), maybe you could drive it. It is amazing what they can do with robotics to cut that foam - WOW.

if someone like SOS could get the mold and make a bolt on version
that would go over our frame I would buy it if the price was reasonable.

like maybe 2500 or so un-painted

I would buy it right now so long as I could just lift it off
and have my original undamaged.

would be a cool weekend car

Hint Hint SOS

if someone like SOS could get the mold and make a bolt on version
that would go over our frame I would buy it if the price was reasonable.

like maybe 2500 or so un-painted

Given how much the widebody kits go for unpainted, $2500 seems a bit wishful...

Also no way in hell Acura would turn over the molds. That would be like Ferrari aiding in the development of one of those Pontiac Fiero fauxrrari kits. They want everyone, including current NSX owners, to have to buy the new car to get that "look" - keep it as exotic and exclusive as possible.

But an incredible expense for a car that gets less than 5 seconds of screen time at the end of the movie. However, they have gotten a lot of mileage out of something that is amazingly inconsequential in the movie.

Acura paid a ton of money to have their brand featured throughout the movie. Notice what all the agents from S.H.I.E.L.D. are driving? And somehow I don't see Tony Stark cruising in any SUV or front-driver, even one from Acura.

As to surprise about this being a one-of rather than a new NSX, the new NSX is only a show car itself at this point and, last I heard, didn't even have a functional interior, let alone a drive train. Also there are a lot of shots around the net of one brief Avengers shot with the driver's door open. The NSX classic (I like the sound of that phrase) door card is clearly visible. Not sure that shot made it into the final cut of the film, though.

Last edited:
Back