• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Negatives of the NSX 2.0

Haha. I agree that carbon fiber and polished surface combo from the concept is not very pleasing, but we've seen the supposed final wheels for the NSX and they are much more sophisticated and balanced than those 5 spoke blades.

I dont want to be so judgemental this early in the game but this 2.0 just doesn't do anything for me up to now.
Maybe I need to see other colors, or in person.

550HP or not, something about the original NSX just reveals much more smooth and sleaker lines, low height and longer body.

I dont want to be so judgemental this early in the game but this 2.0 just doesn't do anything for me up to now.

550HP or not, something about the original NSX just reveals much more smooth and sleaker lines, low height and longer body.

I hear you. There are some pictures that I think wow this thing is about perfect and then other pictures/angles that I just feel like its just meh. I love certain aspects of it from any angle like the B pillars and the side intakes but the front needs to be lower and the back needs to be longer.

I keep thinking (hoping) that TC or MC or somebody over at Acura might be on this site and will take some of these concerns to heart.

But overall, its still incredible that a mainstream car company like Honda is even making such a beast. And how they are able to bring all this technology to market for less than Porsche 911 Turbo money is just crazy. So I guess there is still a lot to be stoked about IMO.

I remember reading HERE ON PRIME -for ages- how the (now over-glorified) pop-ups were not "exotic enough" and slow, then the 02+ were straight up ugly.

Now all I see is how the "Old NSX was oh-so perfect" and how this new NSX sucks on this and that, just for a second you people think, 458 prices are over 100K ON TOP of the ---technically much better NSX 2.0-- Then Honda is managing to pack: a Twin-Turbo with Two State of the art Hybrid systems (think, P1 on a budget), AWD Mid-engine, lower in height than our NSX ... 0-60 numbers that are nothing but impressive, also, with handling -that supposedly- it's to put most exotics/supercars to their toe ... so now I ask, do we really have that bad????

I mean, we all wanted "@ Least 500HP" so, there we have it .... 550HP! They did revise the beak, but guess what, it can be blacked out so it doesn't look retarded, what else? Price? so, the original NSX was 88K in 97, that means was around what? 110K in 2015 money? so, you have a 30K extra on the price but a car that goes like a bullet and will get to 198mph @ any given time.

So, what is the problem again? oh wait, you want a Ferrari @ 65K lol ..

-Oscar

this 2.0 just doesn't do anything for me up to now.

Some cars are photogenic and some are not, just like people.
Hopefully the 2.0 is prettier in "person".

For me, the technological complexity of the car is a bit intimidating, scary even.
The more complicated a machine is the more can go wrong with it, especially if it is new. No matter how much a car company tests and retests a new product, it is only when the car is out and people are driving it in real life that issues can surface and be corrected.

I have great hopes for the car...but I am not brave enough to jump at the first year model.

I remember reading HERE ON PRIME -for ages- how the (now over-glorified) pop-ups were not "exotic enough" and slow, then the 02+ were straight up ugly.

Now all I see is how the "Old NSX was oh-so perfect" and how this new NSX sucks on this and that, just for a second you people think, 458 prices are over 100K ON TOP of the ---technically much better NSX 2.0-- Then Honda is managing to pack: a Twin-Turbo with Two State of the art Hybrid systems (think, P1 on a budget), AWD Mid-engine, lower in height than our NSX ... 0-60 numbers that are nothing but impressive, also, with handling -that supposedly- it's to put most exotics/supercars to their toe ... so now I ask, do we really have that bad????

I mean, we all wanted "@ Least 500HP" so, there we have it .... 550HP! They did revise the beak, but guess what, it can be blacked out so it doesn't look retarded, what else? Price? so, the original NSX was 88K in 97, that means was around what? 110K in 2015 money? so, you have a 30K extra on the price but a car that goes like a bullet and will get to 198mph @ any given time.

-Oscar

Sounds like rationalization. I've never seen an NA1 or NA2 nsx I didn't think was amazing.. don't get that from the new one. Wish it weren't true, but gotta be honest. That's not to say everyone feels this way, to each his own.

-Oscar

I think many people are already warming up to it. I agree with your sentiments tho.

- - - Updated - - -

And it actually sits higher in stock form at 47 inches tall tho. The production grew two inches from the concept form.

I hate being a Debbie downer but I would have loved the 2.0 to have kept a steering wheel focused on driving. See steering wheels from a P1, MP4-12C, 458...

2013-era NSX concept steering wheels had few controls and suggested an emphasis on driving. 2015-era NSX steering wheel photos went all Nissan-like and added radio, phone, trip computer buttons...that and the over-stylized beak make the 2.0 seem more like Bruce Jenner of 2015 than decathlete Bruce...Muhammad Ali in a tux instead of shorts.

Muhammad Ali in a tux instead of shorts.

The Type R should fix all that. I just hope it isn't over $250k like RolledAnNSX on TOV keeps hinting. His information was largely accurate leading up to NAIAS, so I'm afraid he might be right. At least he says it's 700hp + for the R though, so if both predictions are right- budget aventador!

The Type R should fix all that. I just hope it isn't over $250k like RolledAnNSX on TOV keeps hinting. His information was largely accurate leading up to NAIAS, so I'm afraid he might be right. At least he says it's 700hp + for the R though, so if both predictions are right- budget aventador!

Was he accurate? I was just wondering that, since I'm kinda new at observing posts on TOV. I've been watching the new NSX development, but more the S2000 successor to replace mine. RolledAnNSX has been posting tidbits/rumors on it a lot lately, but I keep wondering if what he's saying is accurate. Hopefully.. as excited as I am for the NSX, I can't afford it. Interesting to hear the S2000 may share the same platform, but dumbed down.

Nice, but adding more horsepower doesn't fix the looks. :D

This quote from Devon Anna on Prime's Facebook, is SPOT-ON! :D

Devon Anno
: "Well, owners of the new NSX are never going to hear "is that a Ferrari?" they may get "I like your Lexus."

I know, "reserve your judgement until you see it in person", but the pictures just make it look so big, and the family-lineage is just simply non-existent. It's making it hard to love it.

Last edited:
"Well, owners of the new NSX are never going to hear "is that a Ferrari?" they may get "I like your Lexus."

I know, "reserve your judgement until you see it in person", but the pictures just make it look so big, and the family-lineage is just simply non-existent. It's making it hard to love it.

Do you really care that much about the opinion of people who know zero about cars? If so, why not buy a Ferrari replica kit car and call it a day? I can get not liking the looks but I don't get worrying about the opinions of people who have no idea what they're looking at.

Do you really care that much about the opinion of people who know zero about cars? If so, why not buy a Ferrari replica kit car and call it a day? I can get not liking the looks but I don't get worrying about the opinions of people who have no idea what they're looking at.

Right, right...but I'd feel more complimented if I were confused for a Ferrari than a Lexus.

For the record, I bought mine and drive it because it pleases me, and ME alone.

I mean, when people mistake the car for something else it's because they have limited automotive vocabulary at the least, and are maybe poor at distinguishing shapes at the worst. It would be like giving someone a nice mug of Delirium Tremens and they look at you quizzically like, "Dis doesn't taste like Budwizer!" Can't be too fussed about that.

On the bright side, with the money you save on the NSX you could buy a Ferrari kit car too. Or a 360. I kind of halfway would like to own a kit car just to see how many people are fooled, and to laugh with the people who realize it's not real.

Regardless of what pictures without much side-by-side comparison might suggest to you, the new NSX when compared to the original is 1.8" longer, 0.4" wider, and same height (based on preliminary data from Acura). The original NSX is tiny compared to many cars today, and the new NSX is tiny compared to many cars today as well. About the only Lexus that I could imagine this getting confused with is the LFA, which costs more than twice as much and is even more rare than the relatively common Ferraris.

trust me the new car will be often miscued as a new R8,..or the new 300 Z....:rolleyes:

laughing at the Ferrari comment as it brings back memories but who the heck cares

trust me the new car will be often miscued as a new R8,..or the new 300 Z....:rolleyes:

interesting thread and I agree it wont be confused as it is more modern and Japanese in design. Analagous in some ways to what Cadilac was trying to do w "angular momentum" design which was unique to their brand. It is unique and it is a cool looking car and it shouldn't attempt by design to be a copy of Italian design as it is a whole new car technologically at a great price point. W a new house and new aircraft I wont be in the market for another couple years but cant wait to see it in person and will continue driving my Z4M Coupe as my daily driver. I will buy it because its what I like and screw the opinions of others. I like different and cool and don't need the status affirmation of being in a "Ferrari league". The Italian comment though made me laugh as I had (still have) one of the first s2000 from the first day it went on sale Sept 1999 (vin 176). I had at 2 gas stations on separate occasions guys flying over to me and one was almost screaming "what the heck is that...its beautiful...what is it Italian?". And one other guy who thought it was some new high end Porsche. Ironically my son who loves those new maseratis (and many other good cars as he lives close to the dealership in SF) reminds me how much that shark look on those Maseratis is a total lift of the front nose and lights of the original s2000. Good design and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I love the 2.0 car I am seeing in technology and looks as a huge fan of Honda techonology and design. Hopefully will be fortunate to own and drive one of these soon...and for that matter the s2000 successor as well that is rumoured. Always good dialogue on this forum and some great views expressed here. Cant wait to see the impressions from the first lucky owners...

Ted

Regardless of what pictures without much side-by-side comparison might suggest to you, the new NSX when compared to the original is 1.8" longer, 0.4" wider, and same height (based on preliminary data from Acura). The original NSX is tiny compared to many cars today, and the new NSX is tiny compared to many cars today as well. About the only Lexus that I could imagine this getting confused with is the LFA, which costs more than twice as much and is even more rare than the relatively common Ferraris.
IIRC the original was 46.1" while the 2.0 is 47.8" = 1.7" taller.

interesting thread and I agree it wont be confused as it is more modern and Japanese in design. Analagous in some ways to what Cadilac was trying to do w "angular momentum" design which was unique to their brand. It is unique and it is a cool looking car and it shouldn't attempt by design to be a copy of Italian design as it is a whole new car technologically at a great price point. W a new house and new aircraft I wont be in the market for another couple years but cant wait to see it in person and will continue driving my Z4M Coupe as my daily driver. I will buy it because its what I like and screw the opinions of others. I like different and cool and don't need the status affirmation of being in a "Ferrari league". The Italian comment though made me laugh as I had (still have) one of the first s2000 from the first day it went on sale Sept 1999 (vin 176). I had at 2 gas stations on separate occasions guys flying over to me and one was almost screaming "what the heck is that...its beautiful...what is it Italian?". And one other guy who thought it was some new high end Porsche. Ironically my son who loves those new maseratis (and many other good cars as he lives close to the dealership in SF) reminds me how much that shark look on those Maseratis is a total lift of the front nose and lights of the original s2000. Good design and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I love the 2.0 car I am seeing in technology and looks as a huge fan of Honda techonology and design. Hopefully will be fortunate to own and drive one of these soon...and for that matter the s2000 successor as well that is rumoured. Always good dialogue on this forum and some great views expressed here. Cant wait to see the impressions from the first lucky owners...

Ted

Great points Ted. Though there are some similarities to the R8, overall, the design is pretty unique and Honda should be given credit for that. You sound like someone in the automotive industry. Any chance you are a Notre Dame alumnus and live in Ohio?

Last edited:
Back