• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX and dating

In the spirit of several threads in the OFF Topic forum, I would like to start a serious discussion regarding the NSX's effect on the opposite sex. Have any of you experienced a significant difference regarding the attention you receive as a result of your car ( as in sex life before/after NSX ) ? In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

I'm not denying that I'm harboring a shallow attitude about this. I've stated as much. Perhaps it has to do w/ a fear of people thinking " Such a hot car and that's all he could pull ?". Please don't get into an attack mode. I bet others out there feel the same way I do. In a perfect world, love and respect are the most important, but for a single, shallow, egotistical guy like myself, those things always end up being secondary to my own personal wants....

most (good) women dont car about the car, dont get me wrong it doesnt hurt but they are really not worth having if the only reason they want you is for the car. My opinion anyways.

Mike-san said:
In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

You are an immature snob. :mad: If I were a woman, knew your attitude about this and you invited me to sit in your NSX, I would gladly poot and pee in the passenger seat. The former will catch you off guard while the latter seeps through the leather seam of the seat to the carpet below. Enjoy, you shallow person, enjoy.

So if you drove a rusty truck, you would lower your standards? :rolleyes:

I love the statement "you could pull so much ass with that car"

Its not the car, its the person...if it where the car I'd be picking up women effortlessly at gas stations and red lights.

Mike-san said:
In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

You have a 12 year old Honda that costs less than a new mid-level SUV. It is a good car (hey I have one too), but get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Mike-san said:
I'm not denying that I'm harboring a shallow attitude about this. I've stated as much. Perhaps it has to do w/ a fear of people thinking " Such a hot car and that's all he could pull ?". Please don't get into an attack mode. I bet others out there feel the same way I do. In a perfect world, love and respect are the most important, but for a single, shallow, egotistical guy like myself, those things always end up being secondary to my own personal wants....
That "fear" you're harboring is called insecurity and immaturity.

Somehow, after reading the first post i knew he would get flamed for his post.
He knew it too, but really is it necessary?

He came forward with a truthful statement, in that now that he has a nice car (NSX) he is able to pull more attractive women than without it.

Thats all he said, and hes probably right. He probably does pull more attractive females than he did in his previous car. Does he deserve a death sentence for coming out and saying it?

haha that statement would have been ALOT different if you had that elevated level of standard from Day 1, but since it seems to have changed after the ownership of said vehicle, does that mean that if you wreck your car you have to go after externally undesireable women?

on a side note, have you guys heard that 'Shake your Laffy Taffy" song... its retarded but i cant seem to get it out of my head.... LOL!

paladin said:
Somehow, after reading the first post i knew he would get flamed for his post.
He knew it too, but really is it necessary?

He came forward with a truthful statement, in that now that he has a nice car (NSX) he is able to pull more attractive women than without it.

Thats all he said, and hes probably right. He probably does pull more attractive females than he did in his previous car. Does he deserve a death sentence for coming out and saying it?
I think that it was the way that he said it that makes it bad. Some guys might get better looking women because of their cars as a nice vehicle portrays success. To say that a woman has to be at a certain level to win access to sit in the passenger seat is just pathetic. I've dated girls/women that society would rate a 9-10... I let them in my car. I also have friends [that are girls] that society would probably rate a 4-5... I let them in my car. I have no problems either way and I don't care if somebody mistakes the less attractive girl for my girlfriend. Just put yourself in that less attractive girl's shoes and see how that makes you feel.

Thanks dude !!! You pretty much got it right. I though that my disclaimer at the end of the post might help, but obviously, trying to be honest can leave oneself vulnerable. For the record, I've always been pretty fortunate w/ women ( except for my divorce !!! ), and I do agree that a car is just a car, but I've seen w/ my own eyes the effect the car has on women because I see THEIR eyes when they connect me w/ NSX ownership !!!

khappucino said:
haha that statement would have been ALOT different if you had that elevated level of standard from Day 1, but since it seems to have changed after the ownership of said vehicle, does that mean that if you wreck your car you have to go after externally undesireable women?
Another excellent point.

Man, you guys are brutal !!! At least give me props for starting an interesting thread !!! ( Redshift-I wasn't the guy that wrecked your car, killed your dog, and accessed your checking acct.)

The NSX does help in potentially getting intially noticed, but it won't get you far if you roll the window down and you're butt ugly or out of shape. Women these days are lookin for the total package. The NSX helps but, it only gets you to "Hello".

My personal experience has mostly been positive, but I would say it scared off some girls. Some think, he must be a prick and they're right. :biggrin:

I wanna know where to go to find these shallow women who are attracted to you because of the vehicle you drive! Here, women like the guys in minivans because they can haul more stuff :)

The biggest fan of my car here are teenage males, basically young car enthusiasts. Most other people have no idea what it is, usually either a Corvette or a Ferarri.

redshift said:
To say that a woman has to be at a certain level to win access to sit in the passenger seat is just pathetic. I've dated girls/women that society would rate a 9-10... I let them in my car. I also have friends [that are girls] that society would probably rate a 4-5... I let them in my car. I have no problems either way and I don't care if somebody mistakes the less attractive girl for my girlfriend. Just put yourself in that less attractive girl's shoes and see how that makes you feel.

Have you dated girls that society would rate a 4-5? How about 2-3? :tongue:

Overheated discussion! To calm you down a little bit, my 2 cents: My NSX is 14 years old but still looks better than new (I think :)) and people don't know it, so they think it's new and costs certainly more than SFR 100'000. I get looks from other girls and women I never got before with another car. :) And some very few/rare of them give me looks like you can have it all tonight. :D No joke! :D To be a little bit more evil: I don't think women are about your car but just the money and reputation that lies behind it. :D I think that's all about it. :) And to be more cerious: All of us like to get thumbs up and looks by both men and women. That why we bought this fabulous car, it's not only that Senna was the test-driver, is it? :)

haha all seriousness aside, i think we all know what he's talking about :biggrin:

even the most 'un-shallow / down to earth' girl/guy will be stopped dead in their tracks by nice things.... albeit its different for everyone, for some its cars, for other its your crib, or for some people (if you live in kazakstan) if you have alot of sheep and a large barnyard (and your name is BORAT) you are set for life...

beyond that its all you though :biggrin:

sidetracked3 said:
most (good) women dont car about the car, dont get me wrong it doesnt hurt but they are really not worth having if the only reason they want you is for the car. My opinion anyways.

My co-workers actually asked me this question last night, and i responded something similar. I have a no NSX on the first date policy(i have even gone on a first date with my Ford Ranger pickup). If someone asks me what type of car I have in front of a young lady I want to impress, I usually say a Honda. That doesn't mean im not shallow because I appreciate T&A as much as the next guy.... perhaps more. One thing about the car is that its a great conversation starter, women are far more likely to step up and say something, it doesn't mean they're gonna hop in and blow me, it just means they admired the car. Now if I am so inclined, its EASIER to ask for their phone number or start up a conversation, but I don't attribute getting the girl to the car. Like you said, it definitely don't hurt though. The only thing that is kind of annoying is my buddies pimping the car like its theirs at clubs and stuff. Thats a little bit weird.....

xsn said:
You have a 12 year old Honda that costs less than a new mid-level SUV. It is a good car (hey I have one too), but get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Shhhh, The chicks think it's a black Lamborghini

Back