• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX and dating

hahahaha that song and Kanye's Gold Digger song are stuck in my head bwuhahahahahahaha lets see who else succumbs to getting these songs stuck in their head...

Gurl shake dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy
Shake dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy (candy gurl)
Dat laffy taffy [repeat 2x]

Mike-san said:
I followed up w/ my OWN admission that my attitude was somewhat childish. I admit that I'm coming accross as cynical, but I made a statement directed towards fellow NSXers because I was sincerely curious if what happened to me also happened to them ( in the past).
So what if it was on your own admission? BTK admitted to being a bad guy... does that make him good because he was honest about it? Okay, that's VERY extreme, but just because you know you're being childish doesn't mean that you are not childish.

Mike-san said:
Would you call your friend an idiot if he said afterwards "Yeah, I know what I'm saying is bad, but I want to share how I feel ! " ?
Yes, I definitely still would. Like I said, just because he knows that he's being an idiot does not excuse it. He wouldn't be my friend if he didn't "share how he feels."

Mike-san said:
I'm not here saying I'm perfect...But yes, I do now possess a snobbier attitude w/ the car. Insecure ? No, but my dating confidence has been augmented by the NSX....I posted my true feelings .
Hey man, I'm nowhere near perfect either. It is my sense that you are insecure because you are now more confident, and thus have greater self worth, with a nicer car. If your confidence is swayed by material possessions or what others perceive your material wealth to be, I would say that you are insecure. While you were mature enough to recognize and admit to your own childishness, you still made immature comments.

Mike-san said:
I honestly had no idea that it would bring on such emotional responses.
I really do apologize for the emotional response. I shouldn't have been so aggressive... I really don't think that poorly of you. Like I alluded to, any one of my buddies could have said something like that and it would have pissed me off, but I'd still go on being friends with them. It's just a debate, albeit a heated one.

Mike-san said:
Look at the big picture..I'm just some guy saying that I don't want to date mediocre if i don't have to. That's all.
Understood, but whether you do or do not date "mediocre" should not hinge on the vehicle you drive.

Mike-san said:
Mike-san, despite your initial statement which really hurt you, I like your sense of humor and the post.
Agreed, Mike does have a very good sense of humor. :smile:

Yellow Rose said:
If I were a woman, knew your attitude about this and you invited me to sit in your NSX, I would gladly poot and pee in the passenger seat. The former will catch you off guard while the latter seeps through the leather seam of the seat to the carpet below.
:rolleyes:

If you have this happen to you I sell a marvelous product called Uric Acid Eradicator, get's that pee taken care of lickity split! :wink:

I have a slammed black NSX with polished deep dish 18/19's, a bright yellow Ducati 748s, and a Yamaha R1. And I haven't had a g/f in years!!! I used to get more girls before the car. Maybe I've focus more of my attention to school work friends and my hobbies including the NSX.

What I do get is tons of guys giving me thumbs up, smiling at me, and trying to race me. :D But I only love women, so don't get the wrong idea!! :cool:

Regards,
-Z

NSX FoYoAss said:
I have a slammed black NSX with polished deep dish 18/19's, a bright yellow Ducati 748s, and a Yamaha R1. And I haven't had a g/f in years!!! I used to get more girls before the car. Maybe I've focus more of my attention to school work friends and my hobbies including the NSX.

What I do get is tons of guys giving me thumbs up, smiling at me, and trying to race me. :D But I only love MEN, so don't get the wrong idea!! :cool:

Regards,
-Z

:eek: haha :tongue:

khappucino said:
hahahaha that song and Kanye's Gold Digger song are stuck in my head bwuhahahahahahaha lets see who else succumbs to getting these songs stuck in their head...

Dat laffy taffy
Shake dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy
Dat laffy taffy (candy gurl)
Dat laffy taffy [repeat 2x]

It's such a dumb song but I love that Laffy Taffy candy, and that beat is hilarious!! haha.. ThaNSX, now it's stuck in my head too ... grrrr :tongue:

redshift said:
So what if it was on your own admission? BTK admitted to being a bad guy... does that make him good because he was honest about it? Okay, that's VERY extreme, but just because you know you're being childish doesn't mean that you are not childish.

Yes, I definitely still would. Like I said, just because he knows that he's being an idiot does not excuse it. He wouldn't be my friend if he didn't "share how he feels."

Hey man, I'm nowhere near perfect either. It is my sense that you are insecure because you are now more confident, and thus have greater self worth, with a nicer car. If your confidence is swayed by material possessions or what others perceive your material wealth to be, I would say that you are insecure. While you were mature enough to recognize and admit to your own childishness, you still made immature comments.

I really do apologize for the emotional response. It's just a debate, albeit a heated one.:

Redshift, YOU ROCK !!! (and are VERY intuitive re: the insecurity hypothesis!!) :wink:

Mike-san said:
In the spirit of several threads in the OFF Topic forum, I would like to start a serious discussion regarding the NSX's effect on the opposite sex. Have any of you experienced a significant difference regarding the attention you receive as a result of your car ( as in sex life before/after NSX ) ? In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

Hey Mike,

For me...a car is like a suit,...a jewelry,...a perfume...it's something you wear which reflects your personality. It's like wearing a Rolex or an Armani line of clothing. The NSX is not for everyone...it's for those with distinctive taste which attracts unique attention. Remember the saying "Dress to impress"

In my experience the NSX truly attracts attention both ways...but it boils down on how you play your cards...

I think most girls would rather meet somebody with an NSX rather than a PT Cruiser? :biggrin:

The first day I had my NSX in Rancho Cucamonga, CA I went to a Wendy's at the 210 Freeway and Daycreek to get lunch. There was a young girl hottie about 17 yo who took my money at the first drive up window. She looked at the car and seemed disinterested. But when I said something about the change her face lit up. She ignored what I said and asked excitedly "Is this your car?!" I was very proud at that point and I said "Yep." Then she exclaimed very loudly "Man, you're ride is tight!!" I really felt good at that point. I said something to the effect, "Thanks, I just need a hottie like you in here." She just ignored that and asked, "How fast the does it go?" I said, "About 180 mph." Again I felt very proud and excited about my car. We said our goodbyes then I went to the second window for the food.

A second incident the same day was when I went to the Ontario Auto Plaza Nissan dealership to show a salesman the car I chose instead of the 350Z. When I pulled the NSX up there there was an attractive blond receptionist/sales girl looking directly at the car through the large windows. I hopped out of the car and into the showroom looking for my friend who wasn't there. The salesman I talked to asked about the NSX and a few moments later 6 Nissan salesmen followed me to the car to check it out including the girl! The girl came right next to me standing at the driver's side and talked excitedly about how her friend races Civics and that the NSX is their favorite car!! Again I really felt good and proud of my car!

When I was leaving the Ontario Auto Mall two young girls pulled right next to me at the stoplight. When they saw the NSX they did a double take. Then they started giggling and smiling. I could read the words coming from their mouths through my closed window. They were saying something along the lines of "Wow, that's a hot car!" Again I just smiled inside at all the curiosity and attention the car was generating.

After having the car for several months I really tried to pick up a girl with the NSX. I was eating at a restaurant in Arcadia with my friend when 3 attractive girls walked in. One was especially attractive!! The girls were seated right behind me in the next table. My friend and I wrote a note to the effect "We think you 3 girls are hot! Would you like to ride in a supercar! We could wait until you're done eating. My phone number is ... and email ... PS The supercar is a brand new Acura NSX!" We turned around and my friend gave the note to the one I was most attracted to. All 3 girls just gave us a surprised look when we tried to talk to them. They were courteous but they declined our invitation and pointed to the empty seats next to them awaiting more of their friends. We said "OK, then we left." We went to the NSX in the parking lot and drove by the restaurant but the girls appeared to be engaged in their conversation and didn't notice the car go by the window. We went to Old Town Pasadena for another small snack and drink and drove around a bit. An hour later we returned to the Arcadia restaurant to bring my friend back to his car. I asked my friend if he thought the girls were still there and he said, "No way, it's already been an hour." So I dropped him off and drove into the U shaped parking lot to exit. When I turned the corner I couldn't believe it the 3 girls were there talking with their 2 male friends on the sidewalk! The attractive girl we gave the note to had her back to the driveway. But one of her male friends immediately pointed to the NSX when he saw it then all 5 of them were looking directly at the car and me! I waved to the girl through the low windshield and she had a look of complete disbelief and embarassment. She quickly turned around and put her 2 hands around the sides of her eyes shielding herself from viewing the car! All the rest of the group burst out in laughter. I was a bit embarassed so I stopped waving and just let it pass. It just so happens a small traffic jam developed in the small parking lot. So I was awkwardly stuck there looking at the girl's back and her friends for several minutes. Finally, the traffic jam cleared and I slowly moved out of the parking lot. When my rear was finally to the group I looked in the rear view mirror so see all of them including the attractive girl were staring at the NSX leaving the parking lot! Somehow I just smiled inside because it was fun, and I felt in the end they really admired the car! Of course, I never got a call or email. But that's OK. I'm still having fun with my NSX.

if i was a woman, i would do you.. on the other hand, i would be shallow, dirty with STDs and aiming for your money. :biggrin:

Got a gf right now but if i didnt, the first date would be taken her out in my piece of sh*t 1997 F150 or my beat to hell CRX and spending less then $20 on the date... well perferably $0 ... but i gota eat.

Im sweet enough as it is. Dont want them to come for the money and dont need NSX to raise my street value.

... im embarised for guy that wrote the above post... why would you write a note? :mad:

Its the man's job to get the number and make the call. Women will never ever call you because of their insecurities.... even if they want to... not that she did. Leaving notes and asking your friends to pass it on is a thing a woman would do. Act like a man and the ladies will respect you like one :rolleyes:

CONFIDENCE is a sexy colone. Go get some.

Last edited:
bjmills said:
The biggest fan of my car here are teenage males, basically young car enthusiasts.

I hope Michael Jackson doesn't see this thread.

SCS2k said:
I hope Michael Jackson doesn't see this thread.

ROFL!! :biggrin:

When I had my NSX, I had met a very attractive chick with my daily and everything was going great until I drove up in my NSX one day and scared her off :eek: I guess it goes to show that not all women are interested in $$ and nice flashy cars

Sorry bud, but this is the gayest post I have ever read.

johnsylora said:
The first day I had my NSX in Rancho Cucamonga, CA I went to a Wendy's at the 210 Freeway and Daycreek to get lunch. There was a young girl hottie about 17 yo who took my money at the first drive up window. She looked at the car and seemed disinterested. But when I said something about the change her face lit up. She ignored what I said and asked excitedly "Is this your car?!" I was very proud at that point and I said "Yep." Then she exclaimed very loudly "Man, you're ride is tight!!" I really felt good at that point. I said something to the effect, "Thanks, I just need a hottie like you in here." She just ignored that and asked, "How fast the does it go?" I said, "About 180 mph." Again I felt very proud and excited about my car. We said our goodbyes then I went to the second window for the food.

When I was leaving the Ontario Auto Mall two young girls pulled right next to me at the stoplight. When they saw the NSX they did a double take. Then they started giggling and smiling. I could read the words coming from their mouths through my closed window. They were saying something along the lines of "Wow, that's a hot car!" Again I just smiled inside at all the curiosity and attention the car was generating.

After having the car for several months I really tried to pick up a girl with the NSX. I was eating at a restaurant in Arcadia with my friend when 3 attractive girls walked in. One was especially attractive!! The girls were seated right behind me in the next table. My friend and I wrote a note to the effect "We think you 3 girls are hot! Would you like to ride in a supercar! We could wait until you're done eating. My phone number is ... and email ... PS The supercar is a brand new Acura NSX!" We turned around and my friend gave the note to the one I was most attracted to. All 3 girls just gave us a surprised look when we tried to talk to them. They were courteous but they declined our invitation and pointed to the empty seats next to them awaiting more of their friends. We said "OK, then we left." We went to the NSX in the parking lot and drove by the restaurant but the girls appeared to be engaged in their conversation and didn't notice the car go by the window. We went to Old Town Pasadena for another small snack and drink and drove around a bit. An hour later we returned to the Arcadia restaurant to bring my friend back to his car. I asked my friend if he thought the girls were still there and he said, "No way, it's already been an hour." So I dropped him off and drove into the U shaped parking lot to exit. When I turned the corner I couldn't believe it the 3 girls were there talking with their 2 male friends on the sidewalk! The attractive girl we gave the note to had her back to the driveway. But one of her male friends immediately pointed to the NSX when he saw it then all 5 of them were looking directly at the car and me! I waved to the girl through the low windshield and she had a look of complete disbelief and embarassment. She quickly turned around and put her 2 hands around the sides of her eyes shielding herself from viewing the car! All the rest of the group burst out in laughter. I was a bit embarassed so I stopped waving and just let it pass. It just so happens a small traffic jam developed in the small parking lot. So I was awkwardly stuck there looking at the girl's back and her friends for several minutes. Finally, the traffic jam cleared and I slowly moved out of the parking lot. When my rear was finally to the group I looked in the rear view mirror so see all of them including the attractive girl were staring at the NSX leaving the parking lot! Somehow I just smiled inside because it was fun, and I felt in the end they really admired the car! Of course, I never got a call or email. But that's OK. I'm still having fun with my NSX.

Last edited:
This is what type of girl who likes your car.

Don’t doubt my love and appreciation for the NSX. Just ask my neighbors. They see a different one in my driveway every week.

25638623-L.jpg

BTW: Now go watch the movie "Shallow Hal"
shallow_hal.jpg

Wow, interesting read for SURE!! :D Hey Redshift, I like SUPER hot chicks and only the SUPER hotties can ride in my pimp ride!!!! :D

But I agree with the majority of the people here, a car won't land the poontang, the person will. My favorite quotes from this thread are.....

Way back in my early years (when I owned a 911) I figured it couldn't hurt to own a cool car. Problem was I couldn't take it into all the bars with me so it didn't do any good!

CONFIDENCE is a sexy colone. Go get some.

Priceless!!! :)

wow!!! this is a very interesting thread. it is about time somebody came out of the closet and admit it. Mike, you got my support on your PREFERENCE. if you like to have a cute gf in your nsx rather than a fat one that can tip it, it is your preference. Shallow or not...that is life!!! Image is not everything, but it is part of the "preference". To those of you that thinks this is a bullshit thread, I say to you that you a damn lier. I've met and seen many NSX friends, and the woman associating with is no less than beautiful. Whether you met before or prior, she is still beautiful. Whether you admit it or not, subconsciously you are doing it. Look at you woman and tell me she is ugly and prove it with a picture. Now wake up and realize that it is life....it is what it is.

Mike.....good job!!

Disclosure: I am not implying that ugly women has no place in the NSX, just stating that I haven't seen in such place.

PoohBEAR said:
wow!!! this is a very interesting thread. it is about time somebody came out of the closet and admit it. Mike, you got my support on your PREFERENCE. if you like to have a cute gf in your nsx rather than a fat one that can tip it, it is your preference. Shallow or not...that is life!!! Image is not everything, but it is part of the "preference". To those of you that thinks this is a bullshit thread, I say to you that you a damn lier. I've met and seen many NSX friends, and the woman associating with is no less than beautiful. Whether you met before or prior, she is still beautiful. Whether you admit it or not, subconsciously you are doing it. Look at you woman and tell me she is ugly and prove it with a picture. Now wake up and realize that it is life....it is what it is.

Mike.....good job!!

Disclosure: I am not implying that ugly women has no place in the NSX, just stating that I haven't seen in such place.
I agree that I have no problem with his preference... we all like beautiful women. That is obviously not the issue here.

Orange Peel said:
Wow, interesting read for SURE!! :D Hey Redshift, I like SUPER hot chicks and only the SUPER hotties can ride in my pimp ride!!!! :D
You're an idiot Scott... plus you married a super model, thus your opinion is meaningless.

Disclaimer: Orange Peel is my best friend :biggrin:

redshift said:
You're an idiot Scott... plus you married a super model, thus your opinion is meaningless.

Disclaimer: Orange Peel is my best friend :biggrin:

Yeah I'm an idiot :tongue: Just thought it would fit with the "would you call your friend that if he said that, blah blah blah" :D haha Yeah I married a super model, and I didn't have no NSX or POS to attract her, just plain ol' me ;) haha

Mike-san said:
I'm not denying that I'm harboring a shallow attitude about this. I've stated as much. Perhaps it has to do w/ a fear of people thinking " Such a hot car and that's all he could pull ?". ...

Sad that you base your self worth on what "other" people think! A confident man wouldn't care less. I think that's the point of people's offense to the original post. Of course, both men & women prefer the opposite sex who has a particular degree of hotness, no doubt. However, the need to have others' justification of such is just extremely sad to me. A good looking, successful man (or woman) wouldn't care less what others thought. Just my two cents.

p.s. I guess I shouldn't let my grandma ride in the car with me. Gosh, what would people think ?? lol :tongue:

Last edited:
The NSX is a great topic of conversation and sometimes all that is needed to meet somebody is to have something to talk about. :smile:

Back