• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX and dating

I was with this really hot girl and she would not ride in the car for quite some time. When she finally got over the fear of unwanted attention and "wasted money" on a sports car, she ended up loving time spent in the passenger seat.

And she didn't divorce me after all. :wink:

Mike-san said:
Man, you guys are brutal !!! At least give me props for starting an interesting thread !!! ( Redshift-I wasn't the guy that wrecked your car, killed your dog, and accessed your checking acct.)
I apologize for coming on so strong. It's true that we all have our own selfish desires, but I just thought that type of immaturity was supposed to die in college (or after high school). I'm sure you're not a bad person (maybe you're even a GREAT guy), but I can't help but get angry at what you wrote. I don't want to get into it, but I've watched my sister go from an attractive young woman to obese; the way people treated her, as a result, drove her suicidal. So I'm probably biased... it makes me think that you're part of the problem when you won't let a girl/woman in your car because somebody might see you with her. No, you didn't cause my family and me any grief, but people with similar attitudes have. I do apologize for taking some of my own personal anger out on you, let's try to get back to being friendly.

I myself have a no-nsx on the first date policy as well... To be honest; I pulled more ass in my old JEEP wrangler that i paid $700 for, than any other car Ive ever owned-NSX included :wink:

My wife loved me before I got the car and she loves me the same with the car. However, she is the one that wants to keep the tinted windows up when driving around because she doesn’t like the attention (no she’s not ugly……a perfect 10 in my opinion :biggrin: :wink: ).

haha hey mike its ok man.....you are just speaking your mind and being a guy.........look he might have put it in a wrong way but hes just being a guy from the man show.........so you guys need to relax...........if he wants nothing but hot chicks in his car then so be it....so what.......you do what you want to do with your life and let mike do what hell he wants......he was just trying to shoot the sh!t with everyone and you guys crucify him.....makes me think about speaking my mind on here....have a drink and relax people.......F*** being politically correct all the time........thats why I love people like carlos mencia.....he has the balls to say what every person is afraid of saying..........so mike go have your fun......once you are done then settle down, get married and have kids..........we are in california where a lot beautiful women roam.........so go get them tiger ;) and to anyone that wants to flame me......bring it on! because I don't give a flying F***!
I had my fun and I am settled.........but people are right......its not the car that will get you the most ass, it is you.........but having a nice car is an asset..........so if the car assists in getting you more tail then great so what...............have a coke and a smile people.......... :cool:

Mike-san said:
In the spirit of several threads in the OFF Topic forum, I would like to start a serious discussion regarding the NSX's effect on the opposite sex. Have any of you experienced a significant difference regarding the attention you receive as a result of your car ( as in sex life before/after NSX ) ? In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

To me, driving the NSX is almost as good as sex, but that's a whole different thread. :biggrin:

drewdeezee said:
To me, driving the NSX is almost as good as sex, but that's a whole different thread. :biggrin:

I LOVE my NSX and wouldnt sell it for any amount of money but that comparison is Falonious :wink:

ediddynsx said:
haha hey mike its ok man.....you are just speaking your mind and being a guy.........look he might have put it in a wrong way but hes just being a guy from the man show.........so you guys need to relax...........if he wants nothing but hot chicks in his car then so be it....so what.......you do what you want to do with your life and let mike do what hell he wants......he was just trying to shoot the sh!t with everyone and you guys crucify him.....makes me think about speaking my mind on here....have a drink and relax people.......F*** being politically correct all the time........thats why I love people like carlos mencia.....he has the balls to say what every person is afraid of saying..........so mike go have your fun......once you are done then settle down, get married and have kids..........we are in california where a lot beautiful women roam.........so go get them tiger ;) and to anyone that wants to flame me......bring it on! because I don't give a flying F***!
I had my fun and I am settled.........but people are right......its not the car that will get you the most ass, it is you.........but having a nice car is an asset..........so if the car assists in getting you more tail then great so what...............have a coke and a smile people.......... :cool:
I'm just speaking my mind and being a guy too. We're all entitled to our own opinions; I gave mine. BTW, you just flamed me (and others that were offended by Mike).

Let me clarify some things....I was sharing my feelings,...not necesarily my actions. I don't walk up to certain females and tell them to their face that they're not attractive enough to get in my car. It has more to do w/ how I'm now starting to reward myself w/ nicer things in life since I've always worked hard. I wear nicer clothes, am now working on my Masters Degree, and to top it all off, I now drive my dream car. While my post sounded extremely superficial, my thinking actually stems from the fact that I'm feeling more confident about myself, therefore my game has improved to where I can meet more attractive women. The attractive women I've been w/ in the past liked me for me, but when I met them, I did not have the confidence that I do now. Yes, the NSX has been a factor in my new confidence. To those that ripped into me, if you say that rolling down the street in one didn't affect your ego, I sincerely feel your'e lying....Anyway, these are just statements on a screen....I wish y'all the best

Way back in my early years (when I owned a 911) I figured it couldn't hurt to own a cool car. Problem was I couldn't take it into all the bars with me so it didn't do any good!

Mike-san said:
To those that ripped into me, if you say that rolling down the street in one didn't affect your ego, I sincerely feel your'e lying....Anyway, these are just statements on a screen....I wish y'all the best
When did anybody ever say that they didn't get an ego boost out of driving the car. I'm not pretending like I bought my car JUST for pure driving enjoyment... I like hot cars and I've always liked the NSX. Maybe some people get an ego boost out of it and maybe some don't, but the "ripping on you" was largely due to your comment:
Mike-san said:
In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat...

Last edited:
dirty VW

Attachments

• dirtyvw.gif
    dirtyvw.gif
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,481
redshift said:
I'm just speaking my mind and being a guy too. We're all entitled to our own opinions; I gave mine. BTW, you just flamed me (and others that were offended by Mike).

Well I apologize if I was flaming you guys, I had a stressful day today and reading your guys response to him made me snap.........I was just getting fed up with everyone trying to be so righteous here. Look its hard to read into someone when you don't know them in person.....or when someone types up something on the net it could sound wrong. All I am saying is relax......we are all guys here.....some older than others so we think different.........obviously some guys have way more life experience than some others and some people are more nieve and sheltered than others.......so think of mike as a college kid still learning and partying and you are the one thats been there and done it........when I talk to younger kids and I hear them say stupid stuff.... I don't tell them off I just listen and try to make them see things in a different perspective and tell them nicely......but as for mike he was just trying to shoot the ship with you guys kinda like getting together having a beer and googling at hot chicks walking by........and just being a guy..........but I understand if you don't know a guy its hard to read what he is saying......anyways its water under the bridge for me........

once again sorry gentlemen....( at least I try to make things right) :tongue:

ediddynsx said:
Well I apologize if I was flaming you guys, I had a stressful day today and reading your guys response to him made me snap.........I was just getting fed up with everyone trying to be so righteous here. Look its hard to read into someone when you don't know them in person.....or when someone types up something on the net it could sound wrong. All I am saying is relax......we are all guys here.....some older than others so we think different.........obviously some guys have way more life experience than some others and some people are more nieve and sheltered than others.......so think of mike as a college kid still learning and partying and you are the one thats been there and done it........when I talk to younger kids and I hear them say stupid stuff.... I don't tell them off I just listen and try to make them see things in a different perspective and tell them nicely......but as for mike he was just trying to shoot the ship with you guys kinda like getting together having a beer and googling at hot chicks walking by........and just being a guy..........but I understand if you don't know a guy its hard to read what he is saying......anyways its water under the bridge for me........

once again sorry gentlemen....( at least I try to make things right) :tongue:
Okay, understood. I'm a guy too and I know all about "being one of the guys." It wasn't long ago (< 1yr) that I graduated college. By far and wide I skip posting on threads like this. Every once in a while, however, you have to verbalize your disagreement if you feel strongly enough about it (silence is a form of acceptance). I'm sure Mike will change his point of view someday, but to perpetuate this type of viewpoint on a public forum is just bad all around - especially if others openly support it. I'm not righteous or holy by any means, I'm just in sharp disagreement. I'm really a very laid back guy... I'm just trying to make things right... much like you.

If one of my buddies said to me the same thing that Mike wrote. I'd say, "you're an idiot." Then I'd go on being friends with him!

splitz said:
I love the statement "you could pull so much ass with that car"

Its not the car, its the person...if it where the car I'd be picking up women effortlessly at gas stations and red lights.

I agree, it's the person who will attract the girls. I have never drive around my car so I can get some p...y. I take my Civic out when I go on a date.

Vance

redshift said:
Okay, understood. I'm a guy too and I know all about "being one of the guys." It wasn't long ago (< 1yr) that I graduated college. By far and wide I skip posting on threads like this. Every once in a while, however, you have to verbalize your disagreement if you feel strongly enough about it (silence is a form of acceptance). I'm sure Mike will change his point of view someday, but to perpetuate this type of viewpoint on a public forum is just bad all around - especially if others openly support it. I'm not righteous or holy by any means, I'm just in sharp disagreement. I'm really a very laid back guy... I'm just trying to make things right... much like you.

If one of my buddies said to me the same thing that Mike wrote. I'd say, "you're an idiot." Then I'd go on being friends with him!

Redshift, what is bugging me is that your responses to my post have not acknowledged the fact that in the sentence following my "hottness in the passenger seat" statement, I followed up w/ my OWN admission that my attitude was somewhat childish. I admit that I'm coming accross as cynical, but I made a statement directed towards fellow NSXers because I was sincerely curious if what happened to me also happened to them ( in the past). It bums me out that this forum has a use honesty at your own risk vibe. Would you call your friend an idiot if he said afterwards "Yeah, I know what I'm saying is bad, but I want to share how I feel ! " ? I'm not here saying I'm perfect...But yes, I do now possess a snobbier attitude w/ the car. Insecure ? No, but my dating confidence has been augmented by the NSX....I posted my true feelings . I honestly had no idea that it would bring on such emotional responses. Look at the big picture..I'm just some guy saying that I don't want to date mediocre if i dont have to. That's all.

One more thing....I said that the chick had to be hot for our favorite sportscar, not for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( This should have been my defense all along )

Mike-san said:
Man, you guys are brutal !!! At least give me props for starting an interesting thread !!! ( Redshift-I wasn't the guy that wrecked your car, killed your dog, and accessed your checking acct.)

Its not an original thread but the reply's in this one are sure interesting.

YellowRose said:
You are an immature snob. If I were a woman, knew your attitude about this and you invited me to sit in your NSX, I would gladly poot and pee in the passenger seat. The former will catch you off guard while the latter seeps through the leather seam of the seat to the carpet below. Enjoy, you shallow person, enjoy.

LMBO !*~*~

But in all seriousness, I've found it a bit more difficult as many men seem to be intimidated or by thinking I'm as shallow and snotty as this thread :tongue: :wink: :biggrin:

p.s. It's wonderful to see that the majority of the men on this board show character and maturity. Mike sans, good luck digging up your gold! :tongue:

Last edited:
To appease everyone, I'm going to contact Websters dictionary and have them print my portrait for the following definitions: "shallow" "insecure" "immmature" ( No you guys can't add more titles...)

Mike-san said:
To appease everyone, I'm going to contact Websters dictionary and have them print my portrait for the following definitions: "shallow" "insecure" "immmature" ( No you guys can't add more titles...)

Ah, don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Just make sure you take a drive in your NSX before posting your pics for Webster. At least you'll be smilin'! :biggrin:

Back