• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2016 F1 thread

OK boys and girls... Have at it!
What's 2016 gonna be like?
Will McL be competitive?

Last edited:
OK boys and girls... Have at it!
What's 2016 gonna be like?
Will McL be competitive?

There was never anything they could really do this year about their fundamentally flawed engine-regeneration design so the outcome was a foregone conclusion. They've had a year to work on the chassis and have even scored some points when they really shouldn't have being that far down on power. I believe they'll be much more competitive but Mercedes is light years ahead of most teams and apt to stay there and Ferrari is on a mission. I expect McLaren to be fighting with the likes of Williams and Red Bull and even get a podium or two.

Last edited:
I believe they'll be much more competitive but Mercedes is light years ahead of most teams and apt to stay there and Ferrari is on a mission. I expect McLaren to be fighting with the likes of Williams and Red Bull and even get a podium or two.

i completely agree with you on your first points, but not your second. i expect Ferrari will be stronger and more consistently fast next year.

but i don't see McLaren running with (especially) Williams or Red Bull for a while, or getting anywhere near the podium without a 9 car pile up...

Back