• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2023 F1 Thread

So much for Ham pole, he was 4th after turn 1 finished there. Max is so good at the moment. Makes on wonder if the cost cap is hurting teams, so they just have the talent. Danny Ric did well and easy beat his teammate (who has never been that good).

Max on a different planet to the rest of the grid. Great performance from Lando, good from Lewis after a poor start, and Oscar showed that he is capable of holding his own (when not forced off track). Checo was very assertive in moving through the field to redeem his poor start to the weekend, lucky not to be penalised for his second move on the McLaren, good from George to move up from the back. So very unlucky for the Alpines - entirely not their fault that they were taken out by a chain reaction from Zhou’s terrible start. Ferrari shot themselves in the foot for not allowing Carlos with soft tyres past Charles in the initial laps, then a poor pit stop on Charles’ left rear put him down the order just at the wrong time to be in contention. The Aston Martin pairing have lost any fizz that they showed a few races ago. Solid drives from most of the rest of the field - Danny Ric acquitted himself well after being hit from behind and hitting an Alpine which must have compromised his car in some way.
Not the most exciting race, again, but just enough going on in the midfield.
Next race Spa - my bet is that Max will lap the entire field…

Last edited:
Max again on a different plane to the rest - solid if unexciting from Sergio and Charles.
Carlos should have a penalty for squeezing Oscar into the wall as he was not in control of his car and didn’t leave a car’s width. George and Lewis went ok with an average car - most of the rest of midfield teams (Aston Martin, Alpine and McLaren) were relatively anonymous In the race. Great overtaking from Alex Abon. Good recovery from Lando. Well done to Yuki for getting the last point.

RB knows how to build a car matched to driver for continuous wins...MB also knows how but, they got it wrong somehow after the controversial last race in the desert...

Changing and mixed conditions always produce the best races. It was amusing how the sky sports folks were making a big deal about the pit stop sequence with Perez and Verstappen; as if the 2 are on the same level when it comes to the plan. I think the only way Perez will win a race is if Verstappen has a problem of sorts and Perez is too far ahead to slow him down.

Changing and mixed conditions always produce the best races. It was amusing how the sky sports folks were making a big deal about the pit stop sequence with Perez and Verstappen; as if the 2 are on the same level when it comes to the plan. I think the only way Perez will win a race is if Verstappen has a problem of sorts and Perez is too far ahead to slow him down.
Agree with all.

Max #10 At least Ferrari made work a bit. I saw Carlos and him race in Canada in 2015. Max beat then and continues to do so today. I have wonder if any team can beat Red Bull this year.

Back