• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2023 F1 Thread

One of that races when you enjoy to watch who will win the race.
Carlos did a perfect job today and deserved win for Ferrari although I was afraid of both Mer drivers at the end.

Nice to see Ferrari get P1. Looks like Charles is becoming #2. His race pace has been off since early 2022. No one is better than Max. His P5 was almost close to P4. The Merc are now #3. They couldn't pass Lando (whom drove a good race). The British so called "Press" are saying Carlos slowed the pace. Didn't Prost say the slowest race will get you wins.

That was a great last 10 laps...Even F1 drivers can red mist ..Russel was so focused on passing Lando he forgot where he was..Plus he was in hotter dirty air at 100% ..Hammo had less tire deg sailing behind him. Still nice to see almighty RB stuck with a slower car and offside tire strategy..

I was not a fan of the pediatric color commentary,,, Maybe for 50% race distance, then bring in the adults..

Also it was nice to hear the Italian Anthem, very stirring and the guys singing, ect..

That was a great last 10 laps...Even F1 drivers can red mist ..Russel was so focused on passing Lando he forgot where he was..Plus he was in hotter dirty air at 100% ..Hammo had less tire deg sailing behind him. Still nice to see almighty RB stuck with a slower car and offside tire strategy..

I was not a fan of the pediatric color commentary,,, Maybe for 50% race distance, then bring in the adults..

Also it was nice to hear the Italian Anthem, very stirring and the guys singing, ect..
I watched the opening few laps before flying out of town for work. I saw the end of the race at the airport bar, but didn’t have focus as I was getting ready to board my plane.

Need ti watch the race on replay as it does sound as if it was an exciting race.

Suzuka is this weekend. RB is already back on form undoing last weeks experiment.

Exciting 4-5 laps between Alonso and Perez. 2 more races to the never ending season, somehow Merc is number 2 despite their terrible car for the first part of the season.
That was great and the first few laps where for a moment it looked like Norris might have a chance. But it really goes to show that nobody can really challenge the RB over a race distance. I know it seems exciting that everyone is getting closer to RB but they have been developing their cars over the whole year and I think RB stopped dev. at some point and just started working on next years car fully. I still think they are going to crush it out of the gate next year too.

Alonso is,IMHO, the most complete race car driver in F1 since Senna, Prost and Schumacher. If only he had an Adrian Newey, Honda powered car…
Yep. Also a bit mercurial.
He is a double world champion who should have won 3 or 4 had his (and team) choice's gone favorable.
In his 20 years, I don’t recall him making a mistake when driving; doesn’t drive rough, or foolishly.

Alonso is very aware of the whole track and the big picture. I think GR is also attempting to have that gestalt type style. RB have that perfect balance of aero. I don't even think the engine power is that important to them as it is to the other teems trying to overcome aero weakness

Less than 2 days to practice in LV! Race day tix are still available at reduced prices; still too rich for my blood, but way down from 2 months ago.
Between a run away title and Thanksgiving the following week, I suspect this race may turn into a financial failure, and maybe even be an F1 and done.

Lol I really think the FIA Thought every desert has the same climate...and Liberty thinks F1 cars and their tires can work just fine at temps in the 40's..

Last edited:
Deserved victory for Max, helped by safety car timings and weak penalty for elbowing Leclerc out of the lead.
Good fight by Leclerc to get the rummer up spot on the last lap.
Perez performed - he’s done just enough to keep his seat for next year.
Not quite sure how Ocon got fourth place - on that’s right, he went against team orders to pass Gasly.
Great result for Stroll - very quiet, steady race. Sainz too had a quiet race after his unlucky grid penalty.
Hamilton was unlucky to get the puncture from minor contact.
Harsh penalty on Russell - Max used him as a bump stop in order to get round that corner.
The rest, including Alonso, Gasly, Albon and Piastri were unlucky, as was Bottass who was hit by others multiple times.
Most disappointing was Norris, who got thrown into the barriers at high speed by a bump or rear lock-up or something.

Back