• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

My opinion,, Nikki said once you don't win the race on the first corner I think Hamilton definitely deserved a penalty for trying that move on that corner my opinion...

Last edited:
Wonderful drive by Lewis.
Great move on that early corner! That's what racing is all about!
As usual, Seb can't keep his cool under pressure.
Kimi, often great on his tires, wasn't.
The fastest car doesn't always win.
H-

Last edited:
Wonderful drive by Lewis.
Great move on that early corner! That's what racing is all about!
As usual, Seb can't keep his cool under pressure.
Kimi, often great on his tires, wasn't.
The fastest car doesn't always win.
H-

Completely agree! A brilliant drive with somewhat of an inferior car. DRS did not achieve its purpose because of a power deficit. I keep reminding myself that it is a Driver’s championship FIRST and a manufacturer’s championship second (in the old days a distant second) and today was proof-sufficient for me.

VB did a good job.

VB?

It was too long a weekend for cryptology.

Vettel's mistake was leaving the door open for Lewis in the corner. Lewis took the chance and pinched Vettel, who ran out of room (not planning on Lewis being there). It reminded me of the Indy 500 a few years ago when Franchitti and Sato were going into turn 1 and Franchitti on the outside gave Sato room, but also pinched him and as soon as Sato lifted, he spun around, and Franchitti was a 3 time 500 champion.

Lewis pulled off the move, if they both wrecked, it would have been a different story. A racing move, in my opinion, that may put a stamp on Lewis drive for 5.

..ok Bottas.....I respect guys who race hard but if the guy behind is faster keep your eyes open and allow some room...like kimi did for hamo...like jenson did often..then everyone finishes...unless you have a renault power unit...

If I'm in a foul mood I stay off prime....

VB?

It was too long a weekend for cryptology.

Vettel's mistake was leaving the door open for Lewis in the corner. Lewis took the chance and pinched Vettel, who ran out of room (not planning on Lewis being there). It reminded me of the Indy 500 a few years ago when Franchitti and Sato were going into turn 1 and Franchitti on the outside gave Sato room, but also pinched him and as soon as Sato lifted, he spun around, and Franchitti was a 3 time 500 champion.

Lewis pulled off the move, if they both wrecked, it would have been a different story. A racing move, in my opinion, that may put a stamp on Lewis drive for 5.

He out drove Seb, like Kimi did is Q3 for pole. Lewis is now the King.

you have another week to rest...:biggrin:

Can anyone tell me what is so exciting about the Singapore GP. Am I the only one to find it to be the least appealing venue ever....?

Kimi to Sauber

Hats off to Kimi for apparently just loving the constant challenge of F-1 and the thrill of driving; Not too proud to go to the back of the grid with Sauber. And apparently being fine with "it's not where you are but where you're going and what you do with what you've got to work with."

As the saying goes in Club racing, "I'd rather be on the last row of the grid instead of the first row of the grandstands."

Looks like Sauber is planned to be a B-team of Ferrari with inputs of Kimi as a racer with experience.

Opposed to that, former A-teams like Williams and McLaren are on the road to nowhere...

Wehrlein quited at Mercedes, might join Toro Rosso where they urgently need some drivers next year. :)

Ocon (also a Mercedes junior) is not in a comfortable situation.

Does anyone know why last race and this one there has been no practice2

There was a P2 for the last race... it was on a different ESPN channel -- but there doesn't seem to be a P2 this week.
If you have DirecTV you need to look at channels 206, 207, 208 & 209.
H-

I saw 3 practice sessions for the last race although some of it was rained out.........I think. (that was before breakfast this morning, so I can't really remember. :redface:)

And I saw the 2nd practice session today. Skysports didn't seem too together early in the season, but I've got the same TV line-up/schedule now for several weeks.

Back