• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

I've read in a well-respected autosport-magazine (don't know the name out of my head) that McLaren used a mapping for the engine and an aerodynamic design of the rear end that the Honda engine constantly ran hotter than Honda wanted it to run. On one of the early test days of 2018 McLaren put on additional venting for the Renault engine. So McLaren finally couldn't blame the newcomer and has to dig in its own dirt.

In interviews from Toro Rosso you can read how good they work together with Honda, sth you never ever read from McLaren from day 1 since Honda is back. It seems as if McLaren has 'overdriven' or forced Honda to put it right while not seeing that they contributed to the problem. Pretty unfair for somone who puts 100 Mio. $ per season into a team and pays the driver who's always complaining. Alonso will never drive a Ferrari for the same reason again. McLaren is shot for me. I would be very glad if Toro Rosso gathers more points at the end of the season than McL.

I agree 100%....just saw a Video with Mark Genie that speak about the issues Mcl is having with the Renault power unit in the Mcl chassis. Also since Ron, departure this Team is heading in the work direction. On the other hand TR is doing really well during the Testing with the Honda Power unit. I also think that they will surprise a few down under next weekend .
I also believe that Alonso is on his last drive with a Top team, or have any chance winning any thing with Mcl.

Bram

In this business, arrogance is necessary (funny timing as news on Ferrari's staffing move rolled in days ago). I was (still am) sad to see what he built taken away from him.
yeah he did build a company however inherited a strong foundation from the people before him so it's just another evolution of a company, all of us Ron included have their day and his was done so needed to go, whether they have the correct people in the drivers seat now we will have to see how this season goes, first practice in 2 days

I found the practice and quali on fs1-2 on comcast but can't seem to find the race? is it on fox?

You mean ESPN and ESPN2 ? I noticed that practice is shown n ESPN3 which my Spectrum $180 a month (internet and TV) dont offer. I am pissed of course and seriously thinking of cutting the cord but then I would have to watch everything live with no recording. Anyone in the know, please chime in.

I think fox sports and espn are now going to be owned by disney...very confusing..

So this is what I have Friday ESN HD F1 practice 7 PM Channel 1604 qualify Friday 11 PM F1 race 10 PM Saturday qualifying and the race is on ESPN 2 I have AT&T U-verse it took me a while to find this specially practice go Ferrari.. Bill..

Last edited:
ok I will have to recheck...thanks for responding.

More content for season kickoff

e84eeff7dabbd9da46528559b5d3afb0.jpg

Last edited:
[h=1]<yt-formatted-string class="style-scope ytd-video-primary-info-renderer" style="--yt-endpoint-color:hsl(206.1, 79.3%, 52.7%);">2018 Australian Grand Prix: Pre-Race Press Conference</yt-formatted-string>[/h]

I believe they are showing the Sky feed. Just interrupting it with commercials. But although P3 is supposed to be on right now it seems to not be.

Edit: oh, they seem to have shifted it to 10:55 pm.

Last edited:
What happened to F1!!!!!

Just saw F1 Qualifying.......
Hummmm... The intro opening scene sucks!!! Video sucks!!! Music sucks!!! New F1 Logo Sucks!!!
And also not really liking the new F1 commentators.
I liked the Original 3 guys better.

Its like what happened to TopGear UK!!!

And the Halo ughhhhh!

Sent from Samsung Note8

Last edited:
What happened to F1!!!!!
You'd better not watch the race right before the opening lap on Sunday. The shock is irreversable as they cancelled the sweet ladies with the no. plates (did they really have some? don't know anymore, was not concentrating on the plates :D) too. "Kids instead of chicks".

The really disappointing fact is that the company that rules in F1 now is American! And from what I'm used to see from them is: there's no business like showbusiness. But the F1 show is really going south...

Back