• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Lewis, will get another WC # 6.
Vettel and Ferrari will be very strong again this year, but will fall apart under pressure...as they did last year, with a faster car. Leclark will show up Vettel too and this is where the Fcar team will take points of each other
Red Bull will be up and down
Force India, will be the best of the rest, followed by Renault.

Bram

Well, Hass is not an American team...what part of the car is made in American?.....It does not even have an American Flag on the car. It's Ferrari B team....finance by an American.

Bram

The lead aerodynamicist at Haas is an American. I root for them because he’s my brother.

hey where is that fancy wing he was designing for our old nsx:tongue:.....Hass has to wait :eek:

he was a tough interview...

Marchionne stood behind Arrivabene. Marchionne died last year. Two lost CS were too much.

Bottas has been put under pressure, only finishing 5th in the drivers CS 2018. Wolff said he must deliver 2019.

Renault claimed that the Honda engine can not duplicate the big progress seen in 2018 if they are using only 3 engines per season. Renault might be right but it's all about the IF-condition. It's a trade-off: it's better to take a bad ("learning") year and hopefully a break-through in the following season than two mediocre seasons. That's why I think Red Bull will be far ahead of Renault, at least in 2020.

Fake News according to Joe Saward. The person behind the wallstreet monkier seems to be Howie Long. I also heard on Bloomberg News, LM wants to sell the Atlanta Braves. Sounds like total nonsense.

Anyone else think that the Honda in the Red Bull sounds far more throaty than in previous years? I read that Adrian simply asked Honda to make the most powerful engine they could and let the boys go racing ... Its now the 5th year and a very wise man once told me that the return to F1 was a 5 yr plan by Honda ... the boys from Woking had no patience, just all the early pain ... they may just be regretting the early divorce ...

The main reasons of the desaster and the lacking developement of the engine in the early years seem to be McL itself and the veto of Ron Dennis to Honda supplying a second team.

I've no compassion with McL in that case, Honda got blamed all these years and paid several hundred millions to McL.

The engine sounds better but in the corners the rattle box is still noticeable. We'll see on Monday when the first videos are showing up...

Back