• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

It's said that Ferrari is in front of Mercedes but not 0.5 seconds as Hamilton claims. Hard to judge Red Bull as Gasly destroyed the day before all teams showed off.

Less then a week!!!! Anyone else getting up in the middle of the night to watch the first race?

FYI...

F1 boss Chase Carey says that the group is making contingency plans for Brexit, if it goes ahead at the end of the month. Carey said that the logistical problems could be a major headache but added that: “we bring them in and out of the UK now. We obviously can bring them in and out of somewhere else”, suggesting that F1’s fleet of trucks, which transports all the equipment for races and TV activities could be based outside the UK. The group has around 20 trucks used for TV. It has a deal for 15 trucks with DHL to transport Paddock Club equipment, while a European company called Wagner Spedition has another dozen or so trucks for signage equipment, safety cars, medical cars and minibuses. The fleet includes two motorhomes.

H-

Last edited:
It's the teams located in the UK that will have a major problem. If they have to find a new place outside of the UK that maybe the real trouble for teams. Time will tell.

So....what's everyone predictions for this year?

WDC - Lewis Hamilton

Constructors - Ferrari

Best of the rest

Red Bull

McLearn

Renault

Toro Roso

Alfa

Racing Point

My only prediction is that a thirtd team will disturb the two leaders and makes it unpreditable til the end.
Another prediction is that Bottas will be dismissed in the second half of the season.

For decades that I have watched, it always looks like pre-season testing gives me false hope that some team will suprise everyone and come out of the box to impress. It is unfortunately rarely the case. I think my preference to concentrate on driver rather than team performance makes the season more interesting, at least for me. I am excited about Leclerc and a more mature (hopefully) Max.
Speaking of season, i have watched the first two of ten episodes of Netflix Drive to Survive, realeased last week. IMO one of the best F1 doc. I have seen in recent years. It covers the 2018 season. Watch it if you can.

ok...tivo has the action cued up...on 3 different espn channels...:rolleyes:....another person told me the drive to survive is great btw....

wow sucks...classic story for pe though long air travel...:frown:

Bottas gained much more confidence than expected while being a water bearer for Hamilton during the last season. He must have had a mental trainer or brainwash over the winter. :)

No answer of Ferrari to the question why they called Vettel to the box so early. Hamilton did the same fault. Only Vettel paid for it by being overtaken by a very strong Verstappen.

Gasly's race was ruined already yesterday. On top of that, the overtake button was said to be non-functional. A late revench for crashing the car during winter testing? (not serious) :)

It won't take long until we see a Honda-driven car on the top of the podium.

I was a bit surprised at the new wing combo and the lack of passing.

Agreed, I would have expected some more passing, but that did not happen to much...the Aussie track is not well suited for passing anyway.

Early days, the next two tracks, we'll see some more action, with regards to drafting and passing .

Bram

I wonder if McLaren regrets the decision to dump Honda for Renault - if not now I predict that they will by seasons end.

Last edited:
Back