• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Hi guy's, it's nice to see RBH on podium,as Alonso retired this year Max is my favourite.
Hope Honda will improve and catch Mercedes and Ferrari engine power.
For hard overtaking Romain blame too much heat on tires when you follow car in front .Front wing works good much easier to follow.

lol
53537513_2267653543291593_9107959037181296640_n.jpg

Last edited:
Happy for Bottas, well deserved. He did allude to his mental strength during post-race interview, but I don't think he was lacking it last season. LH knows he would need to play mind games since Valteri is both fast and strong fin. Sucks to see Danny Ric retire, and bummed for Romain. McLaren must be re-thinking their impatience and lack of commitment with Honda, it will keep biting them this season I think.

So sad about Charlie, I grew up watching him, such a sweetheart of the human being, RIP.

McLaren must be re-thinking their impatience and lack of commitment with Honda, it will keep biting them this season I think.
No mercy with MCL, they and Fernando Alonso have deserved it. :tongue: :) Honda didn't want to supply Alonso with engines in the Indicar series and MCL won't get Honda engines in F1 in the future I guess.

Sad to see Williams, another dominating team in the 80ies/90ies, so far back at the end of the row. Good comeback of Kubica.

Last edited:
Amazing weekend for Bottas but I think Lewis will quickly come back.

Kubica, by his own admission does not have the full strength of his right arm and hand. You saw him understeer and hit the wall? Maybe his arm was the “understeerer”, not the car......He was a full second slower than his teenage codriver in Q1 and finished two laps down. IMO there was no sense bringing a side-lined driver back when there are so many hungry and well deserving young drivers just out of successful lower series. Williams will be relegated tomthe rear for a long time, despite the Merc engines.

I think Haas has to really be commended. For a small private team with limited means and no major sponsorship, they are doing amazingly well. Isnt it time for more of our giant US companies to consider stepping into F1 sponsorships?

Pulmonary embolism.

Thanks for the clarification, I read up on causes. Something I will look out for since I travel in a car for long period of time.

It was nice nice to see Honda on the podium, Max is my favorite now. I’ve always enjoyed his aggressive but immature style at times.

I think Haas has to really be commended. For a small private team with limited means and no major sponsorship, they are doing amazingly well. Isnt it time for more of our giant US companies to consider stepping into F1 sponsorships?

I’m super happy about Haas! It’s always a nervous time going into the start of the year. But their car seems pretty good and is reportedly nice to drive (e.g., low enough sensitivity to yaw). I think Haas as a company had a pretty unique position of wanting to expand into Europe and a love of motorsports.

my 4 observation...besides tough passing.....Leclerc knowing his role.....the quizzical tender vettels asking why he was so slow...and I think valtteri's new found speed is in part due to his new chief engineer treating him as a #1 ...he told his driver this was payback for last year...and Lewis and the new gangsta head sock:biggrin:

Yeah... what's with the head sock?
H-

I'm guessing it protects a fancy hairdo -- small braids or the like.
H-

Leclerc was brilliant. Watch his pole lap on the F1 app. Smooth, no mistakes, total control. Maybe a new Hamilton or Vettel in the making. A kid to watch. Team now told him he does not have to hold back for Vettel like he did in Melbourne.

I believe Sebastian is still the youngest
Correct. Leclerc is the youngest pole sitter for Ferrari, second youngest overall.

Noticed how much more warm and welcoming team was towards him after the qual. Curious how this season unfolds between red cars. My prediction for today's race is that he will get chopped at the start.

Looks like Ferrari is really strong,sorry for Charles he deserved first GP win.As I always thought Vettel is not on Alonso,Hamilton,Verstappen level.Honda has to work harder to catch leaders.

Honda has to work harder to catch leaders.
Marko said after Australia that they now have to work on the chassis side mainly. The engine power seems to be good and reliable (compare it Renault with two cars out in the same lap :D). Both Red Bulls were 1st and 2nd in the top speed ranking. But they claimed to have big balance problems. Seems not to be easy to understand the new tires and two under-powered years before weren't helpful either. Gasly needs more experience and time. Kwjat looks faster in the Toro Rosso but quite unlikely they'll change their seats in the first half of the seasons. Gasly seems to be a little bit too cautious, might need some more killer-instinct.

Marko said after Australia that they now have to work on the chassis side mainly. The engine power seems to be good and reliable (compare it Renault with two cars out in the same lap :D). Both Red Bulls were 1st and 2nd in the top speed ranking. But they claimed to have big balance problems.

In Australia they hed less downforce so that is main reason for their top speed.You can see it today how they stay compared to top teams(Bottas easily pulled away when he need to catch Charles).

Sometimes luck is what you really need.
Feel sorry for Leclerc.... bur GO Lewis!
H-

Back