• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

It was reported he sustained 53Gs!!!!!!
H-

The start of the race, really make the race. I believe that restarts are more problematic.
Some of the crashes at SPA have been very horrendous as well.....Grosjean is a very luck man

Bram

Last edited:
I bet that we'll see Perez in a Red Bull 2021 as they don't have a youngster to keep up with Mad Max.

Interesting to see Russell in a Mercedes. I guess he'll be 0.5 seconds behind Valteri.

Vandoorn gets the short end of that ....reserve driver...after the cook gets a shot....:rolleyes:

Interesting choice in Russell. He was driven well, but made some mistakes and he passes over the in-house Vandoorn or Racing Point sub the Hulk. The pecking order is sure to get mixed up. Bottas and Verstappen must be excited to have a chance at the top step. Would be great to see Perez win, and announce he’ll drive for Red Bull next season.

Not so sure about Russell. HAM and BOT are pretty fast drivers. I'm pretty sure they tried more different setups (tires and fuel weight) for Russell to get known to how the Merc behaves. In quali he'll be 0.5 sec. behind BOT.

I agree Bottas is pretty fast driver, hard for Russel to beat him tomorrow for pole or in the race. However, if he does do better than Bottas, I think he is in for next vacate seat at Merc.
Some of the younger Guys in the line up are all good drivers. I really like Gasley, but he is in the Red Bull Camp.

Bram

I agree Bottas is pretty fast driver, hard for Russel to beat him tomorrow for pole or in the race. However, if he does do better than Bottas, I think he is in for next vacate seat at Merc.
Some of the younger Guys in the line up are all good drivers. I really like Gasley, but he is in the Red Bull Camp.

Bram

Yes. The sport has evolved to the major engine supplier teams, and their development / support teams. Ocon was seemingly talented Mercedes driver at force India until racing Point let him go and no other Merc team could put him in a seat. Now with Renault, he is possibly past his window, certainly with Merc. But it was either leave Merc or sit out another season. Sauber and Haas will host the next Ferrari junior driver, with the hope to be a number 2, maybe a number 1.

. Would be great to see Perez win, and announce he’ll drive for Red Bull next season.
As you wish for race for seat we have to wait.

I never liked Bottas ,Rusell showed he is class.He deserved win today.Mercedes is so strong all season play with other teams.
They dont need Lewis for win thats for sure.

Last edited:
As you wish for race for seat we have to wait.

I never liked Bottas ,Rusell showed he is class.He deserved win today.Mercedes is so strong all season play with other teams.
They dont need Lewis for win thats for sure.

Russel can replace Lewis and Mercedes would still win. They could replace both current drivers (Bottas and Hamilton) and win with Russel and Perez because the Mers are so good.

For many years Perez (especially early on) was a pay to play driver. But over the last 2-3 seasons he has really become a good, even very good driver. A case of a guy who always had talent and through a lot of hard work has developed the talent into driver skill. He deserves a drive next year with a top 4 or 5 team. Maybe even a top 3 team right now. He is certainly driving better than bottas, albon and stroll. Maybe even better than Verstappen or Hamilton.

Russell drove well, nearly as flawlessly as Hamilton does every week. Poor execution from Merc threw his effort away. Bottas is struggling, he has lost his mojo.

Back