• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

Lewis managed an exceptional race....Not sure what happen to Bottas, he should have been able to easily hunt down and beat Max.

On to SPA in two weeks, power circuit, so it's Merc to loose.

Bram

Last edited:
Only 3 cars finished on the front lap, the rest were lapped. 2 drivers received 5 second [FONT=&quot]penalties for not obeying the blue flag. Bottas seems to let the season run its course along with the other teams. At least Vettel did better than expected. At the point Lewis has only Max to race with. I suppose the teams are working on the 2022 cars since the 2021 cars will remain the same. [/FONT] <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Malgun Gothic"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

Boring race,I was right with Pirelli and tires,please bring back softer coumpounds.
I'm happy for Seb even I'm not his fan.This season is embarasing for Ferrari.

Boring race,I was right with Pirelli and tires,please bring back softer coumpounds.
I'm happy for Seb even I'm not his fan.This season is embarasing for Ferrari.

What a shoot show at Ferrari. I feel they need a house cleaning at the end of the season, it not sooner. I do believe Vettel has some life left in him, but the team seems to have laid down on him. They are mid-pack at best, and at this point, only Williams is worse (but they are on the upswing), with Haas and Sauber suffering from the ferrari engine performance shortcomings. When I was in college they were a poorly run team, and despite having Prost and eventually Mansell, it wasn't until the brought Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher on and turned the team around. As soon as JT and RB left, the team has been on a slow but steady decline since. But I digress.

It is a shame that Merc is as dominant now as they were in the first year of the hybrid spec. I say a shame from the perspective of competition / entertainment. Right now only RB can challenge Merc if the conditions are just right. But hats off to Merc for putting together a team that hasn't rested on its laurels.

What a shoot show at Ferrari. I feel they need a house cleaning at the end of the season, it not sooner. I do believe Vettel has some life left in him, but the team seems to have laid down on him. They are mid-pack at best, and at this point, only Williams is worse (but they are on the upswing), with Haas and Sauber suffering from the ferrari engine performance shortcomings. When I was in college they were a poorly run team, and despite having Prost and eventually Mansell, it wasn't until the brought Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher on and turned the team around. As soon as JT and RB left, the team has been on a slow but steady decline since. But I digress.

It is a shame that Merc is as dominant now as they were in the first year of the hybrid spec. I say a shame from the perspective of competition / entertainment. Right now only RB can challenge Merc if the conditions are just right. But hats off to Merc for putting together a team that hasn't rested on its laurels.

I agree with you.

there has been speculation on what Toto's next move would be...his mask down grin during the awards ceremony tells me he has reached a decision...

My guess he'll become a MB executive or find a home with Aston Martin. Just my guess. Clarie Williams hasn't done Williams F1 any favors. Sauber had similar issues until problems until they got bought out.
<style><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Malgun Gothic"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

Williams downfall started many years before Claire came in and started running things, I believe. I think about a company like McLaren and how they have survived a period of down times as Ron Dennis moved on, and it has taken a good bit of time to come back to a degree of performance. I hope that the new Williams can return to competitiveness.

Actually, that would be a good idea for the CS.
Debacle for F-engines in FP1+2.

The tifosi must be in need of mental health professionals.
H-

Lol scarlet back markers are not a good look for the brand....Sad to see George get taken out by another's rookie mistake...

clean slate....but I wonder how much F1 experience a US based hedge fund has....:confused:

Great driving of Gasly, with a little bit of luck of course. Great win for Honda. Too bad there were no Tifosi at the track. At least the Italian anthem but not for Ferrari but for Alpha Tauri.

Last edited:
Back