• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The official "what did you get" thread.

It's time to share what you got or what you did'nt get for Christmas.
I got clothes.:frown: The wife thought I needed clothes this year. Bummer!!
She said I needed them and I said "do not"! I should know if I need clothes, I've had the same ones for only 10 years.:rolleyes: Not one NSX part under the tree. How depressing.:frown:

coal_400x266.jpg

From my wife:
1.) The 'NSX' iPhone cover from vendor pages. It looks mostly cheap plastic and cf cover but it's still cool and appreciated. My wife pulled some tricks on Prime to get it...
2.) A beanie.
3.) A Tumi laptop bag to replace my 10 year old laptop Swiss bag.
and...
4.) Night vision goggles, YEAH!!! :biggrin:

Lacoste black polo shirt and fanny pack. Now I look like a metro.:tongue:
Nissan GTR diecast
"On Cars", a book by Jeremy Clarkson
Chocolate lumps of coal in my stocking :mad:
Big Ass GT wing is enroute and should be here by Tues :biggrin:
New personalized plates "BLC BIRD"

From my darling wife:

2001 New Formula Red NA2 .......YIPPEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!
Good Times, Good Times !! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Money, gift cards at a few places, designer leather wallet (which oddly had money in it, though it was clearly new), 3 month subscription to Lynda.com tutorials. Buying myself a second desk as my workspace doesn't allow for my two Macs I use for audio work. The last track I worked on was done using archaic software from over 10 years ago, now I'm looking at Logic Pro and Ableton Live with nothing but confusion. Hopefully that video tutorial site covers this stuff.

I got a Black Bell Racing Helmet thats coming in time for the track day coming up, as well as money to pay for some new Bridgestone RE-11's for the track to :biggrin:. Thats the noteworthy things however i got the usual clothes and gift certificates. Pretty good christmas though, all is well when you get car goodies.

I got a laptop computer, Mario Kart for the Wii, a book called "Supercars", "Beatles" Trivia Pirsuit, gift certificate for my favorite resturant, Bloomingdales gift card, Digital picture frame, and a ton of goodies in my stocking! Not bad for a jewish guy! :biggrin: I spent the holidays over my girlfriends parents house. Only 2 miles from my house and great food as always.

My best gift was the chance to be with my wife and both of my grown children. To hear their voices, look into their eyes and see them laugh and smile was just awesome.

Hmmm,

The pleasure of making cookies for Santa with my 4 yr old. Watching her anticipation build. :biggrin: Putting all the presents out after she went to sleep and eating the cookies and milk :smile: Then waking her up the next day and having her run out so excited and loving every moment. Such a beautiful gift.

Oh and Santa brought the family a Wii with all the trimings :cool:

Happy Holidays all

Jason

The excitement from my kids. We were undecided on what to tell them about Santa Claus but had been vague enough the past couple of years to leave the option open, even though I was Santa for the Mother's Club last year and the kids knew. My son this year asked too many questions and is too quick to correct his little sister and would go out of his way to ruin her belief, so we decided to turn on the whole santa thing and he's pretty sold. He's still skeptical about a lot of it (flying reindeer), but I think he's a believer now, especially when he got the one thing he's been asking Santa for.... his new (modified) Master FX build your own lightsaber kit (thanks eBay). My daughter just wanted... a squishy rubber spider (!!!)

I got clothes that don't fit (this job is killing me, I need to find time to run again!!), Tantrix (but just some tiles, not the game, I had to go look it up to see WTF the tiles were for), a knee pillow that's supposed to help my lower back when I sleep (wrong type), and a crime/thriller novel where "I am the star". I've just been having fun playing with my kids (and I picked up PS3 Lego Star Wars series for $5 which has been somewhat amusing). Who cares what I got, it's about the kids now.

Last edited:
I got a set of Old Man Emu Parabolics for the Rover, an Exmoor carpet kit for the Rover, a book about Rovers and a new Dovo razor. It was a pretty good year.

dress shirts,socks,pj's,....and a lovely framed picture of me and my two boys with a touching poem about walking,and holding hands with daddy:smile:

200 year old British longcase clock (grandfather clock) with moon dial.:biggrin:

(Full disclosure: There is some work for me to do on the case, but in my book that only makes it better. I get the fun of researching then mending it.)

This year I received a new wristwatch from my wife...

And a Canon T1i, viewfinder loupe, Pro9000 mk2 printer, and a few new lenses from Santa.

For my wife I gave her a new sapphire necklace and Rosetta Stone Japanese parts 2 and 3.

My inlaws got me a broadsword... and my parents sent me a sweater.

Last edited:
The lady bought me Euro tails and glass headlights w/Angel Eyes and HIDs for the E36 and some new clothes. From the family, I got a voucher good for one Evolution Phase II Autocross school and some cash. From the lady's family, we got a ticketmaster gift card so we can go to a St. Louis Blues game (we're big hockey fans, but live in KC), gas cards so we can drive to STL, and an American Express gift card to pay for a hotel while we're there. :D

And a few days after Christmas, I decided I'd finally buck up after almost two years of consideration and buy a 52" HDTV. To go with it, I picked up the new Logitech G27 wheel as well. :D

Back