• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The PERFECT NSX Dash setup, who's got it?

Hey Todd, awesome idea. Do you mind sharing some pics with me on how you hid the brain on the head unit? And how exactly you mounted the face of the unit in the nav pod?

Here is a photo of the head unit installed between the seats where the center speaker used to be:

Head Unit.jpg

And here is a photo of the touch screen installed in the nav pod. We used a custom cut plastic bezel and glued it to the inside of the navpod. The Pioneer touchscreen was then also glued to the back of the bezel. Also note the ability of the Pioneer to accept custom graphics for the home screen. This graphic was done by my computer wizard son William.

Pod Graphics.jpg

And here is another shot of the screen graphics:

NSX dash 1.jpg

Everything was plug and play with NO CUTTING and everything could be restored back to stock in about 2 hours.

Absolutely love your install Todd. I am aiming to do the same exact thing as you.

Do you mind sharing the model number of the circular remote you are using? As well as which bass nob? Are they both hooked up to the brain of the pioneer?

Also how did you hook up the stock radio to the brain of the pioneer?

One more thing, is there any way I would be able to purchase a custom cut bezel from you?

The circular remote that we installed in the coin tray is a Pioneer Model CD-ME300 wired marine remote. It plugs directly into the Pioneer NEX head unit and comes with a long enough wired cable to reach the "brain". The bass knob is just a standard subwoofer volume control available at any stereo shop. it hooks up between the amplifier (which I installed in the trunk, on the opposite side as the cell phone and CD changer) and the subwoofer located in the passenger footwell. I used the Science of Speed subwoofer box which fits in the space nicely. The stock radio simply connects to the auxiliary input jacks on the pioneer head unit. When you want to use the stock stereo, including the CD changer, you just put the Pioneer in auxiliary mode, turn on the stock stereo and use it as normal. As to the custom cut bezel, if you bring your nav pod and Pioneer touch screen into any custom stereo shop they can cut the bezel and affix the touchscreen to it for a minor charge.

Hey Todd,

Three more questions as I am finishing up my install.

1. Did you have to modify your rear bulkhead to fit the brain of the headunit there? I've tried for a couple hours to try and fit it there with no luck.

2. What kind of material did you put into the coin tray to install the marine remote? It looks like it's installed on something. Did you have to drill into that material as well as drill into the coin tray?

3. How do I get those awesome graphics on the pioneer? Love the work your son did!

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Happy Holidays!

We now have our annual Black Friday sale that has officially started TODAY and will run through end of November....PM us with anything you may want or visit our website and social medial here:

https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

We recently sent a dash panel to a NSX customer and he did a nice review of the product here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_CZ6KdYfA

We are here to support all NSX owners so questions feel free to ask, we have some dash panels ready to ship. Delivery times are looking pretty good!

thanks again for your support in this difficult year.

EB staff

www.euroboutique.us

1. I seem to recall that we found the best way to secure the head unit was to Velcro it to the inside of the cover, not to the bulkhead. Make sure to align the head unit fan with the speaker grille so it gets proper ventilation (and of course the speaker needs to be removed to allow space for the head unit).
2. It was a small piece of carbon fiber fabric that we used to line the coin tray with. The round marine remote control then attached over the fabric. If I were to do anything different, I would have installed TWO rheostats next to the round remote, one to control subwoofer volume and the other to control overall speaker volume - I found I hate adjusting volume using the round remote with an up/down button and much prefer a volume knob to quickly spin up or down.
3. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the graphics file.

Be sure to upload photos of your completed install!

Hi ToddMGool, if I want to keep the factory set up and run the audio output from C2550NEX to AUX of factory so I can use the factory speakers and amp, will that work? Thanks in advance...

Yes my set up is fully integrated with the factory Bose head unit AND the trunk CD changer. But you have it backwards...you would take the speaker output from the Bose and plug it into the aux INPUT of the Pioneer. The Pioneer has pre-amp speaker outputs. Connect your existing Bose speaker wires to the Pioneer preamp outputs and you will be able to use your existing factory speakers and amps.

Local NSX owner got some upgrades for his NSX:

Radio is a Pioneer Double Din running Hertz Mille speakers and JL Audio amplifier!

(we install everything we sell so if you are local to the SF Bay Area contact us for an appointment!)

2din, pioneer/subwoofer. Coinpocket hiding controlls for aircups and lights.

F763D055-F904-4076-96E5-BC336641A011.jpg

TGIF - the question is:

NAV POD or NO POD and why?

We used to run a NAV Pod but found it gets in the way of the driver's vision and thus removed it.
Nav pod only for show points and cool factor. Sometimes I put it in for the shows. I like the dash better without the pod.

Back