• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The World’s Most Powerful Acura NSX is Here!

The bar has been raised! The LoveFab NSX put down 920 HP and 641 ft/lbs of torque to the rear tires last week. This astonishing feat was accomplished by pushing more than 30 PSI of boost to the engine utilizing a custom LoveFab GT45R turbo system. We would have continued higher, but unfortunately ran out of race gas before we could truly max out the setup. We plan on re-fueling and heading back to the dyno when the schedule relaxes within the next month or so to break more records!

In the meantime, we’ve been enjoying the car locally while detuned to “just” 620 WHP. The car is running absolutely awesome after the grueling dyno session. We have a few track events coming up and we will try to get some good video.

I’d like to note the engine has over 20,000 boosted miles which include countless road and drag race events, high boost development testing on the street, and many hours worth of abusive dyno sessions. We continue to perform durability testing on our own cars so our customers don’t have to.

I would like to thank Devin Pearce and the rest of the guys at AEM for providing such great support and for their amazing engine management systems, gauges, and electronics. I’d also like to thank Rob at RPS for making such incredible clutch products and for all the fantastic service! Thank you TiAL Sport for the awesome turbo and accessories! One last thanks goes out to Jim Elkins from Elkins Engines for overseeing the most durable engine build anyone could ever ask for.

Untill then, cheers!

CCF06102008_00000small.JPG

nsxflameStretched.JPG

Now get the brakes and suspension sorted. Than get Kip or Billy to see what it will do on a track :wink:

congrats are in order

I'm speechless! If it weren't for stupid California emissions, I would definitely have that set up on my car!

Great Job guys!

Cody,

Congratulations! The quality of your workmanship already speaks for itself and now with awesome numbers to back it up. Our community is fortunate to have you leading the way and I wish you much success and even bigger numbers in the future.

Best Regards,

Danny

Adam car was a beast!!! Too bad he retired it and moved on.

30 PSI :eek: that's a lot of boost. From what I have seen and read, your quality of work is amazing. What are the specs on the motor your doing this on? If its a stock nsx motor, thats simply unbelieveable, i'd have to pick up my jaw off the floor...

Re: 'sonic...

It is FAR from a stock NSX motor. HP limit on a stock motor is about 400whp +/-.

Great show Cody. Amazing amazing amazing.

We're lucky for you.

Phenomenal! :cool:

Absolutely need to hear/read about the transmission/drive-train build for this amount of power! :cool:

We are using the factory 92 transmission with around 40,000 miles using straight 75/90 Mobil1 synthetic gear lube. Also using factory axles.

.............but that power band is worse than a supras. 1000 rpm power band?!? lol

Don't look at the MAX HP look at all that usable TORQUE from ~6500+ to redline :eek:

I don't know if you could stop the rear from spinning but I like it :biggrin:

Congrats cody, thats some good peak numbers, but that power band is worse than a supras. 1000 rpm power band?!? lol

The setup was not designed to have a fat "powerband", it was designed to test components to their maximum potential. If we happen to set a few records in the process, than great! :) We will continue to push the envelope so the show is basically just getting started. Either way, I would not recommend this setup for a street car or even for most "race" cars, as obviously it's quite extreme.

Thanks for all of the praise guys, it means a lot to know that our hard work is appreciated throughout the community.

Last edited:

Congrats again Cody. Definitely a great peak number, and definitely the highest street driven NSX.:smile:

Congrats cody, thats some good peak numbers, but that power band is worse than a supras. 1000 rpm power band?!? lol

Agreed, I'm wondering if it's the manifold length/design which hurts spool up? Or could the Tial housing be an issue for some reason? It's just a lot laggier then I thought it would be. I'm not going quite as big yet, but I'll post up my charts to compare when I have something.. we can compare how different turbo's and designs react different on the NSX.

impressive, and that is a pretty good sized power band for that kind of power :cool:

Not really

Don't look at the MAX HP look at all that usable TORQUE from ~6500+ to redline :eek:

I don't know if you could stop the rear from spinning but I like it :biggrin:

6500rpm to redline is only really 1500rpm +/- worth of rpms.. that's pretty peaky.

Never the less.. this is a great feat.. It is relatively uncharted territory and this is how we all learn.. So big props to Cody for going there first.

Re: nope. . .

Wrong - that's not an nsx. Its a tube chassis with an nsx motor. Besides, Adam is a dick.

Great work Cody.

Do you know Adam personally? Have you ever met him?
I ask because myself and a few other owners have met him @ NOPI in ATL a few years ago and he went out of his way to walk across the infield with us to where our cars were and talk to us. He then signed any part of our cars that we would like for him to. I have it on two places on mine.
Anyways, I was impressed by his attitude and friendliness. Then again, I might've just caught him on a good day.
Sorry, back on topic.
Congrats on some great #'s Cody.

In the meantime, we’ve been enjoying the car locally while detuned to “just” 620 WHP.

You have Danny beat on the "peak" figure, but he's got you beat as his daily driver because he didn't detuned his car @ some like 870 plus RWP.

Will be interesting to see you guys drag the car to see which one is actually faster.

Re: nope. . .

Do you know Adam personally? Have you ever met him?

Yes, several times; how else would I know he was dick? I was introduced to him by BOTH of his primary sponsors (I had some input on the development of his powertrain) and he was still a jackass to me. IMHO his crappy attitude is one of the primary reasons his program was such a sad waste of money and never accomplished anything.

You have Danny beat on the "peak" figure, but he's got you beat as his daily driver because he didn't detuned his car @ some like 870 plus RWP.

Will be interesting to see you guys drag the car to see which one is actually faster.

All of us should be extremely proud of Danny and all of the things he has accomplished for himself and the community.

Back