• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thoughts of selling your nsx...

have any thoughts of selling your nsx? has the value maintained or gone up?
the reson im asking is im thinking of testing the waters out there for serious buyers. i do want to get a T-Top but since our economy right now is so bad, nobody is buying cars.

any inputs would be appreciated. thanks !

I'm sure I won't be the first to tell you its not a great time to sell your NSX. Not that people don't want them (demand in my eyes is still there - heck its an NSX!) but people are holding onto money at the moment (myself included).

Its a buyers market so that means NSX pricing is dropping. I know this is part in parcel to the market conditions so if you can afford to hold onto the car until things improve then that would be my suggestion. Once things improve then list it and move into a Targa.

If anything the values have dropped... due to lots of supply and not much demand. Summertime is always a better time to sell a sports car also. On a positive note... Targa prices have dropped also so if you can find a buyer for your car then it could work out in your favor. The best thing to do is make sure your maintenence is up to date and correct any issues with your car, then advertise it and see if you can get a decent price. Good Luck!

sure I do, but then I'd need alot more bucks to get another different exotic car so why change:redface: It sits there always ready to go....at least when I get a new battery in it:frown:

I have also recently thought of selling my '97 to get into a '91-'94, I really miss my coupe. Although I like the 6speed and 3.2 liter engine. Looking at the market, I would agree that it is soft, but I also think that clean, no issue, low mileage nsx are hard to come by. If anyone has a black or silver clean NSX coupe they want to trade let me know.:biggrin:

I think about it all the time. I always have my eye on something else. I just can't let it go.:rolleyes:

+1

I just cant get over the fact that I have had the car for what will be 10 years this June, and it STILL makes me smile. It's not the fastest, not the quickest, but it's still one of the sexiest. It's also fun to drive. Add for what has been for the most part a trouble free 10 years with nothing breaking or falling off. Makes it tough to pull the trigger for another car.

That being said, if things get better, maybe the NSX will get a playmate instead of a replacement. :biggrin:

The top end of the NSX market is getting killed, like everything else. People don't want to pay 40 grand more just to have a newer version of the same thing. The bottom end is, and always will in $ terms, hanging in there much better. It's a great time to trade up to a 97+ but only if you can sell your NA1 first.

I think about it all the time. I always have my eye on something else. I just can't let it go.:rolleyes:

You mean you think of it all the time in between buying more mods :biggrin:

Had my 94 up for sale for a month now. No bites. Wait, i take that back... had two people offer $20k for it.

But then again i wouldnt be upset if it didnt sell. :biggrin:

Last edited:
tks for the response you guys. appreciate it. i was thinking of selling my car for 35k, red with black interior. despite of the mods below, do you guys think it's worth it?

-wings west front lip
-stacy sides
-DF sports rear valence
-DF carbon fiber diffuser
-02 rear deck wing
-02 rear window garnish
-02 tail lights
-cantrell concepts engine cover w/lexan
-stealth license frame
-SOS steering rack bushings
-zanardi front/rear sway bars
-HONDA black/red stitch shift knob
-zanardi type S shift knob (extra)
-short shift kit
-DF injection molded center console
-zanardi floor mats
-hawk brake pads
-eibach pro springs
-18/19 formula 7 wheels w/tires
-dali air intake scoop w/uni foam filter
-pioneer avid d2 head unit
-ma audio component system
-12inch woofer
-amps
-SOS door speaker panel
-vis racing type-r hood (replica)
-spugen exhaust
-custom black/red stitch leather seat covers
-97 stock headers

i have more to list but these are the ones i can remember. car has 68k miles, clean title, not on snap ring range. original color w/black top.

Last edited:
honestly, in today's market you would have trouble selling your car at 35k (imho). It's hard enough selling a stock X let alone an already modded one. Think about it... most of your market will be new buyers who are not yet familiar with all the quality parts you have. 02+ would be a different market and those guys have an even smaller buyer pool. New buyers probably have no idea of what the value of your mods are. Not to mention, most buyers will want a virgin car so they can partake in the fun of modifying it incrementally (like i did). I also don't see big ticket items like a CTSC or a BBK on your list. have you considered returning it back to stock? Maybe you can get actual sales from prime for your parts.

Not trying to discourage here. All i'm saying is... for for 25-35k what better can car can you really buy out there right now? The list isn't very long and i'm sure that list already includes your NA1. If you're selling the car to help with a new kid or a down pmt for a house or whatever that's a different story. For purely replacement reasons, i'm not sure i'd consider selling at this time. Catch 22 though because i'd really like to buy some other cars right now because prices are so cheap. Old 60's muscle car prices have come back to earth finally and I hear there are good deals on F cars to be had.

If I was a new buyer, I can get into an early NA1 coupe for $20-25k. Some have TB/WP jobs done... some don't. Check out Craigslist.

Good luck in your choice. It's a tough market out there.

Hmmmm...seems to me that a lot of newer NSX's (and most toy cars for that matter) for sale are going at fire sale prices due to the fact that with the economy the way it is, folks are unable to maintain or justify owning what is essentially (to most) a "toy" car. Thus being the case people are taking much less for the vehicle just to get out from under the payment. I would love to sell mine as I want to move into another type of car...the way I look at it is; if I do take a bit of a beating on the price I am going to gain that back on the bath the guy I buy my next car from is going to take. So sell your ride....take your lumps and enjoy the "new" lower price that '02's and up are going for......wanna buy a '03
15k miles??:biggrin:

Just bought the 2001 w 2002 conversion widebody here on Prime. Now I have a 91 black and a 01/02 Widebody......I had guilt and fear at first, but then said what the hell...go for it.....Put your car on Prime,craigslist,ebay, and autotrader and test the waters.....Can't hurt.:wink:

Oh and my buddy bought a downforce widebody 91 for 18k!!!!!!! wow:cool:

$35k might be a reach but you never know until you try. I think you would probably have a better chance of getting $35k out of it by parting it out and then selling it when its back to stock (if you saved all your original parts) for around $25-28K.
I have seen allot of good deals on na1's lately for around $25k.

There's alot of em for sale right now. eBay looks like a NSX used car site. That being said - Mostly all cars are selling for less now, so even if you get less for yours, you'll end up paying less for what you buy. Drive what you like - life is short, and you never know what curves lie ahead!

$35k might be a reach but you never know until you try. I think you would probably have a better chance of getting $35k out of it by parting it out and then selling it when its back to stock (if you saved all your original parts) for around $25-28K.
I have seen allot of good deals on na1's lately for around $25k.

+1 take as many aftermarket items you can off the car and sell them separately to recoup as much money as you can. I have everything I have taken off my car to be able to return it to stock if a sale is necessary.

PM me if anyone is thinking about selling/trading their NSX...I would like to trade my BMW 2002 m3 with 44k miles and 100k engine mile warranty for an NSX. I am located in NC. Ideally I would like to do an even trade.

I don't care what year you have, what milage you have, what mods you have, if you sell an NSX for less than $35K, you're crazy period, end of discussion.

my 2cents.

+1 take as many aftermarket items you can off the car and sell them separately to recoup as much money as you can. I have everything I have taken off my car to be able to return it to stock if a sale is necessary.

As bad as this sounds, parting out and go back stock, works for most people.:wink:

Back