• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Thoughts on the new NSX vs the upcoming Viper and R8 v10?

The Viper interior is much improved from it's past. But that picture is flattering. That silver you see in there is actually grey plastic. It cheapens the look of the new interior. This was discussed in another thread, but couldn't they just spring for brushed aluminum instead? I mean really...

I prefer the cheap plastic trim in silver. It allows me to feel good about taking it out to have the body shop spray paint the parts to match the exterior color as I did with the cheap plastic trim in my GTO. Made a huge difference IMHO.

I'm not sure if any of you have seen a Pagani car in person. The photos don't do it justice.

But after I saw one in person all the other cars just seems so cheap and boring in comparison.

So it's really Pagani vs. all the rest......

Thoughts on the new NSX vs the upcoming Viper and R8 v10?
I think it's silly to try to compare cars that are still a ways from hitting the market. No one has driven them yet, and significant features and metrics could change before they arrive. Heck, they could even be cancelled.

It's like discussing who will win the World Series in 2015.

I think it's silly to try to compare cars that are still a ways from hitting the market. No one has driven them yet, and significant features and metrics could change before they arrive. Heck, they could even be cancelled.

It's like discussing who will win the World Series in 2015.

That's easy. Baltimore Orioles. :tongue:

I was going to say this as well but did not want to be a Debby Downer. The Viper and new R8 will be on the road in a few months. The new NSX....

After looking over the Viper and R8 interior I have to say that I believe Honda has them beat. No cheap silver plastics here....:wink:

DSC_0664.jpg

Any better pictures of the NSX? That shot you can hardly see anything but a rubber looking dash?

I think that was the point. Honda has nothing to show for the interior of its concept car yet, whereas the other cars are production ready. Comparing real products vs vaporware at this point is only speculation.

Last edited:
Any better pictures of the NSX? That shot you can hardly see anything but a rubber looking dash?

lol................that interior only works if you have just a torso ,no pelvis or legs:eek:

more like just a neck and head.

Skip the thoracic region.....

true,but i had a tougher time with our new nsx driver 2.0 ,having thier arms jutting out of thier head:wink:

hey guys,

So a dealer I've been talking to said they have a 2012 white coupe, 6-speed and sticker is just around $160k. They are talking about discounts close to $20k off MSRP since apparently the manager wants to get rid of it badly in preparation for the facelifted 2013 models.

(main upgrade in the 2013 is that they finally put a DSG tranny in the auto's but since I want a 6-speed manual, this would not really affect me)

Pretty good deal or pass?

In the previous Generation, did the stock Viper GTS beat the same year NSX in terms of performance before? The previous Viper was really good at handling, though not very comfortable. The NSX was at least more comfortable to drive overall. Vipers have really poor mileage too. The NSX is more fuel efficient.

Last edited:
If I was forced to make a decision I'll take the one that most resembles an honest sports car. Currently without any other information about the new NSX, I'd have to say:

Viper. RWD 6 speed manual gearbox, looks exotic, stuck to it's heritage, and brutally fast. If they haven't made any big drivetrain changes, it will also be bullet proof reliable. Naturally being a large displacement motor any small mods will net huge HP gains.

Given I do currently own a turbocharged Gen II GTS and love it to death, the only things it was really lacking for most owners were the creature comforts, and from my understanding will all be in the new Viper:

+ Cruise control
+ Refined interior
+ Nannies

Some plastic interior is OK in my opinion, especially in Arizona where metal parts cause 3rd degree burns after sitting in the sun for an hour.

There are a LOT of big unknowns with the new NSX.

did the stock Viper GTS beat the same year NSX in terms of performance before? The previous Viper was really good at handling, though not very comfortable. The NSX was at least more comfortable to drive overall. Vipers have really poor mileage too. The NSX is more fuel efficient.

Here are MY real world numbers when my '97 GTS was stock:

Comfort? NSX Wins
NSX: Fits like a glove. Has all creature comforts I need. Outstanding visibility.
Viper: Satisfactory for short trips only. However there is more headroom for my helmet to fit, makes it great for the track.

Performance? Viper Wins
1/4 mile
NSX: 14.0 @ 101mph
Viper: 12.1 @ 118mph
Road Course (not officially timed)
NSX: Quick and nimble, very forgiving, stops quicker.
Viper: Tries to kill you, literally. At it's limits it out accelerates and out corners. But it is a heavy beast, stopping can be a bit challenging, luckily it has big shoes. On tight courses I'm forced to feather the throttle frequently due to it's massive tire shredding torque.

Fuel economy? NSX Wins
NSX: 22 City 26 Hwy
Viper: 11 City 24 Hwy (it has 3.08 diff + 6 gear, great for highway)

I was going to say this as well but did not want to be a Debby Downer. The Viper and new R8 will be on the road in a few months. The new NSX....

After looking over the Viper and R8 interior I have to say that I believe Honda has them beat. No cheap silver plastics here....:wink:

DSC_0664.jpg

I can't wait til it comes out...I don't see ANYTHING wrong...

FP Gang.jpg

Back