• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thursday Caravan to ALMS Monterey

We're leaving Redlands ~6am, so we might run into the OC crowd somewhere on the way and though doubtful, Mario's caravan as well. We will be taking the 101 up and I'll have a club radio on. Can't wait for this, and can't wait to see you guys! :biggrin:

It looks like there will be 2 Caravans from SoCal to ALMS. There are 3 of us staying in Morgan Hill that are leaving SoCal at 9:00 am Thursday and going up I-5 to #152 west, the shortest, quickest and most boring route :rolleyes:. We'll all bring our club radios to chat, let me know if your interested.

Gil,

We haven't finalized our exact route yet but hope we can meet up with you guys..:smile:

Just a side note:
If you folks happen to take the scenic route to hwy 1, there is a great restuarant with excellent lunch and a breath taking view off the cliff. The "fish n chips" are the best ever.
Lucia Lodge restaurant
http://www.lucialodge.com/mall/c121/s14406/food.htm

Also, during your stay in Monterey you should try the world famous "Sardine Factory" 1 block up from Cannery Row. Excellent food. Hit the early bird special before 6:30pm in the Lounge area. Be sure to ask to sit in the lounge to take advantage of special mini bites.
http://www.sardinefactory.com/specials/

Sounds like a good place to go - we'll definitely try it. Thanks :wink:

definitly find some time to meet up!

i'll probably be at the camp site or out on the track.

once i get there. im usually bunkered down for the whole time there.

btw anyone know how long the drive up the pch takes?

Hey Rob,

How it's going? Glad you're able to make it...hope you're bringing some ice cold refreshment for the bonfire? :biggrin:

Hey Henry,

Great to hear that you are going to ALMS again this year. We can meet up with you at the Balboa Park parking lot in Encino where we met at last year. If Big-D gets to Sierra Madre about 10:30 AM, we will get to your meeting place a little after 11 am. Think about how far you want to drive before we stop for lunch.

Sounds like a plan Mario. Just keep us posted if anything change. Thanks

Mario,

What time are you planning to drive through Santa Barbara?

A couple of us are heading up from OC. Instead of going to Sierra Madre, I'd like to find a spot to possibly meet up with your caravan. We are planning to leave OC at 6 and have breakfast in SB. Then if it works out, we can join you guys on 101.

Hey Chris,

How are you buddy? Hope you can join us..:smile:

'll be there on time if not sooner!!! I can't wait! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

Dennis,

You said it right...:biggrin: I'll be there early..

We're leaving Redlands ~6am, so we might run into the OC crowd somewhere on the way and though doubtful, Mario's caravan as well. We will be taking the 101 up and I'll have a club radio on. Can't wait for this, and can't wait to see you guys!

Hope we can figure out a time/place so we can all meet up somewhere along the route?

Last edited:
cdub said:
Mario,

What time are you planning to drive through Santa Barbara?

A couple of us are heading up from OC. Instead of going to Sierra Madre, I'd like to find a spot to possibly meet up with your caravan. We are planning to leave OC at 6 and have breakfast in SB. Then if it works out, we can join you guys on 101.

We're leaving Redlands ~6am, so we might run into the OC crowd somewhere on the way and though doubtful, Mario's caravan as well. We will be taking the 101 up and I'll have a club radio on. Can't wait for this, and can't wait to see you guys! :biggrin:

Cdub and I are planning to leave OC ~6am, then head up through the 101. We'll most likely make a breakfast stop in Santa Barbara, sounds like we may be able to meet up there.

Last edited:
SilverOne, Cdub and 9Doors

I suspect that those of you that are leaving for ALMS early (6 AM) Thursday morning will get to S.B. between 9 and 10 AM. Big-D, jagtiger and I will not get to S.B until around 1:30 PM, maybe a little sooner. There appears to be too much of a time gap between your group and ours from arrival in S.B. Your group may want to consider waiting for us and I can check with Big-D to see if he is willing to get an earlier start to close the time gap, however, the reason Big-D is not getting to Sierra Madre much sooner than 10:30 AM is because he wants to miss the morning rush hour traffic. Big-D would need to leave at O-Dark-Forty for us to get to S.B around the time your group gets there. I'll check with Big-D anyway or he may just respond to this post.

Mario

Hello Henry,

Below is an aerial photo of the parking lot where we met at last year (the upper highlighted circle). Go west on the 101 Frwy, get off at Balboa Blvd and take a right (north), then turn left (west) on Burbank Blvd. The parking lot is on the right.

attachment.php

I have yet to hear back from Big-D to see if can leave his home a little sooner. Otherwise, we will meet you there at between 11:00 and 11:15 AM. I'll keep you posted.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Mario

Hey Rob,

How it's going? Glad you're able to make it...hope you're bringing some ice cold refreshment for the bonfire? :biggrin:

lol bet your butt.

i'll be loaded and ready to eat, camp, watching racing, drink, drink and more drinking! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

now all i gota do is man up and pony up the gas $ for the truck instead of the stupid little civic :D

Last edited:
I talked to my wife about leaving earlier. She drops our youngest daughter off at school at 7:30. We can leave at that time but I am not sure how long it will take to get to Sierra Madre due to heavy traffic. We may wind up getting there an hour earlier but doubt it will make up enough time to catch up with the OC guys. Let me know what you would like to do.

Mario,

Thanks for posting the map ...I'll be there early..:wink:

Dennis,

Did u get a chance to pick up a club radio?

Rob,

Sounds like fun..Can't wait...:biggrin:

Hey Henry, Unfortunately, no. I still haven't had a chance to get one. Do you have another I can use? Where is a good place to purchase one?

Just got here at Pacific Grove, Monterey..Anyone else staying at Hilton Garden inn? Saw a red nsx with Nevada plate at the parking lot...:smile:

hey i just got here

its really warm.... its 1am and its toasty.

im at camp site 135,136 at can am circle

everyone welcome to drop by.

:smile:

Back