• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Pump- What Do You Use?

With fewer gas stations with air pumps around, I decided I wanted to have the ability to air up my tires at home. I got this Goodyear branded Bon-Aire pump at Home Depot a few years ago and have been pleased with it-

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bon-Aire...FUIZgQodP5gJOA

I use a gauge to verify the pressure but the built-in gauge is quite accurate.
I had a Craftsman before that with an air tank, you'd plug it in and fill it with air, then tote it around to each tire. It was a lot heavier, and eventually leaked.
This one's quite
light, it's called a direct drive pump, you just plug it in to an extension cord and move it to each tire. View attachment 153888

Last edited:
I had a similar pump. Bought alligator clamps/cig lighter from AutoZone so I can hook the pump to the battery directly.

I picked up a Goodyear branded Bon-Aire pump online for about $50 delivered. What a great little rig for the garage. Works really well. Thanks for idea!

I picked up a Goodyear branded Bon-Aire pump online for about $50 delivered. What a great little rig for the garage. Works really well. Thanks for idea!

I'm glad you like it. Mine is still working well.

I use the battery pack ones now. It changed my life.

I got the ryobi one from home depot.

Never have to plug it into something ever again. It's slower than the other ones but it's totally worth the convenience for topping off the tire.

I have it too.....it is loud.

Last edited:
How long would it take to add 5lbs of air pressure to your tire?

Probably around 15 seconds or so. I wouldnt trust it to air up a tire from being completely flat, but it is definitely nice to just carry it around to each tire without messing with a wire/chord to the wall or the cigarette lighter. You just set the pressure you want and it turns off when it gets there.

I hate to admit this -- no flaming please -- I use the same pump I use for my Pinarello racing bicycle. Lots of strokes to add 5 pounds but gives me an upper body workout I don't get riding 50 or 60 miles on a Sunday a.m.

Best,
Jeff

Back