• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too good to be true?

I am talking with a seller at the moment. This gentle is selling his completely stock 1991 or 1992 NSX. It has 100k on the odom, and was recently repainted fresh. It had all of the proper service done (belt, water pump, coil packs, etc). And it is not on snap ring range. The stereo works great, and the window regulators have been replaced. He has service records for everything that has been performed. The interior is in good shape for a 1991, with typical seat wear, but no cuts, or break throughs. Carpet is also in average condition, but can be changed out for $250.00

He is asking $22,500 for it. What do you think? Would you consider this a good deal?

He gave me the number of the shop/mechanic who performed all the work. So, I can call and speak with him directly. Are there any further specific questions that I should be asking?

Thanks again for any help. I am still learning about NSX, as I have been involved with DSM's for a long time now.

Nathan

I have no idea about the prices in the US. In Europe this is an amount of about 18k€ and this would be a bargain. I guess this could be `true` as NSX are difficult to sell (at leat in Europe), so if someone want to sell it quick the price is decisive.

Regards Michael

If you don't want...
let me have his phone number :tongue:

Just double check with your own mechanic and then if everything is fine buy it.
Also I heard sometimes people don't know the true value of their cars so the buyer gets great deal. You might just get lucky.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fair deal. The quality of the repaint would be a big factor in price. If there is any sign of a repaint, then I dont think its worth it. Also, you mentioned all the routine maintenance and "common" trouble parts of the car are fixed, but what about the entire package? Suspension wear, bushings, A/C, etc, is the entire car in perfect running order/shape? Why was it repainted, accident?

Just check it out thoroughly. It could be a good deal, but most times NSX's are a good deal is because something maybe wrong with it. The other times its a good deal is when someone just doesn't care about its value and needs money fast. You have to figure out which one it is.

808NA1 said:
Sounds like a fair deal. The quality of the repaint would be a big factor in price. If there is any sign of a repaint, then I dont think its worth it. Also, you mentioned all the routine maintenance and "common" trouble parts of the car are fixed, but what about the entire package? Suspension wear, bushings, A/C, etc, is the entire car in perfect running order/shape? Why was it repainted, accident?

Just check it out thoroughly. It could be a good deal, but most times NSX's are a good deal is because something maybe wrong with it. The other times its a good deal is when someone just doesn't care about its value and needs money fast. You have to figure out which one it is.

Honestly, this car is 55 years old. Just from talking with him I dont think he knows jack about cars. I honestly think we was going through the mid-life crisis at 50. However, I will check out the paint, and have a dealer take a look at it. I will pay to have it inspected. I am usually a good judge of character, but it is always nice to get other opinions.

We shall see.
Thanks,
Nathan

nathan said:
Hahaha....you guys are funny.

I sorry for the typos. I am trying to about 6 things at once :)

The gentleMAN is 55 years old.

Funny gang.
Nathan

Wow. It's hard to to about 6 things at once! I can only about 2 things at once. I sorry I can't about more things at once.

Deltron Zero said:
Wow. It's hard to to about 6 things at once! I can only about 2 things at once. I sorry I can't about more things at once.

See what happens when I try to super-mutli task.

Ok, I will slow it down a bit. I am now only doing 3 things at once.

I cant wait until one of you make a typo, or dont proof read. :biggrin:

Thanks,
Nathan

nathan said:
See what happens when I try to super-mutli task.

Ok, I will slow it down a bit. I am now only doing 3 things at once.

I cant wait until one of you make a typo, or dont proof read. :biggrin:

Thanks,
Nathan

Yes! You must be careful when you super-mutli task!

Back