• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 ways to know whether you have a garage queen

17. You have 2 NSX connecting rods and a set of oil pump gears (from another NSX, not yours) hanging on your garage wall, and you bring them with you to NSX meets, car shows, etc.
18. You keep every part ever removed from your NSX (i.e. replaced by aftermarket part, or just removed like the phone) in your attic.
19. Tires obtained using vouchers from Acura were on your car in the 21st century.
20. Due to frequency, "replacing rear tires every time you change oil" isn't as expensive as it sounds.
21. NSX is 17 years old with original paint and you can't understand why other NSXs are repainted / color-changed seemingly at whim by people not under duress.

22.) When you moved into your first home and your wife said she wished you would do more around the house you said, 'Fine. I will,' and promptly started to modify the garage to take care of the NSX. :)

23.) You move your garage queen out of the way so that you can get your NSX out. :cool: :wink:

24.) Installing industrial lighting fixtures in the garage seems like a 'must have' just in case you find yourself detailing your NSX at 4 a.m. on a Friday.

25.) Spending 12 hours just working on cleaning the underside of your car with the wheels off seems like a proper time investment, no matter how crazy your wife and neighbors think you are.

26.) You try to do maintenance on the NSX on your own in order to 'be closer' to the car and understand what makes it work, meanwhile you have no idea what your wife is talking about half the time. :D

27.) If you had it your way, you would park the NSX on the new hardwood floors of your living room because it seems to display the car better. :tongue:

6. You have spider webs between your NSX and the wall (yes, I do!)

7. You have to start it every 3-4 weeks, without driving it, to keep the
battery charged.

8. The day you decide to drive the NSX is beautiful, but you heard there's
a 20% chance of rain, so you don't.

9. You don't go for a drive because cleaning it will take 3 times as long
as your trip.

10. You're worried about damage by the sunlight coming in the garage
window.:biggrin:
7, 8, 9.... yes

10, i replaced the window door with a solid door.

sigh

29. When every time your neigbors see your car they ask "Hey, is that your new car ?"

30. When every time you want to open the trunk you need the manual to find out where the release button was.

31. When, even after all those yeras, you still have not fully mastered the eloquent art of getting in and out of your NSX with cat-like grace without using your hands :smile:

32. When you still cannot remember what 'TCS' stands for.

33. When you still have the OEM 15"/16" wheels with the original Yokohama's on them.

29. When every time your neigbors see your car they ask "Hey, is that your new car ?"

31. When, even after all those yeras, you still have not fully mastered the eloquent art of getting in and out of your NSX with cat-like grace without using your hands :smile:

31a. When you decided it's time to go on a diet and exercise more in order to loose weight and get fit & trim so you can get in/out of your NSX easier and gracefully. But now your wife/gf is suspicious of you and wonders who you are seeing on the side. :biggrin:

You have 8 inches of concrete poured over your entire driveway and garrage to reduce the slope so that the front lip does not scrape when you pull in. :eek:

Nate in DC

32. If you suspect your shoes are dirty, you "click" your heels together outside the car after you've sat down so you don't track a single piece of dirt in onto the mat.
33. When at a stoplight, you pop open the glovebox, grab your neatly folded microfiber towel and wipe down the dash.
34. You've mounted a rubber guard on the wall inside you garage so that if you ever open your door too far or too quickly while getting out, you can pat yourself on the back for thinking so far ahead in advance.:cool:
35. You are very, very careful not to skim across the door speaker fabric or corner of the seat when climbing in and out of the car.
36. You tell your son or daughter not to get any footprints on the passenger seat or step plate when they're climbing in.
37. If you're driving, windows rolled up with some nice clothes on and you gotta sneeze, you try to hold your sneeze in so you don't spray all over the dash and rear view mirror. If you don't care what you're wearing, you sneeze into your shoulder in an attempt to contain the blast.
38. If at least once, when your garage door was open, you've caught yourself trying to look like you're doing something else when a neighbor is about to drive by, because you don't want them to see that you are (still) working on cleaning your car...again.
39. You have back-up bottles of cleaning solutions for existing cleaning solutions that aren't even halfway empty.

Last edited:
Your license plate says so...

Attachments

• My Garage Queen.jpg
    My Garage Queen.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 107
Your Battery Tender has wiring running through the right side longitudinal with a discreet plug in the radiator opening so you don't have to open the hood to unplug it either time each year you actually drive the car.:redface:

You don't take it the car out for dates with your girlfriend because you are afraid she will leave fingerprints on the door handle or not kick off her feet before she sits in the car.

You find yourself changing the air in your tires once a year.

ACD

I have a car cover on it. It's also taken a part a litlte bit so I'm limited in driving it :( I'm itching since I haven't taken it out for at least a few monuts now.. :redface:

You don't need to reset the clock to Standard Time since it's put away for the winter already. (Still driving mine so it's another damn clock to set!)

You spend more time posting on NSXPrime than you actually sit in the drivers seat of your NSX.

Back